Chapter 61

--- Behind the Scenes ---

Author: Heeey, I'm back

Narrator: Welcome back. How did it go?

Author: Yes.

Narrator: Understandable. Anyway...

Author: Hm?

Narrator: Why did it take you so long to upload this chapter?

Author: ...

Narrator: ...

Author: Enjoy!

Narrator: No, wait a minute---

--- Start of Chapter ---

[Hyperion, 3rd POV]

Theresa: "You want to do what?"

Asking for confirmation, Theresa tilted her head toward Himeko.

Himeko: "Meet with The Overseer. Or in other words..."

Theresa: "With grandpa?"

Himeko nodded.

Upon realizing that she didn't miss hear that, Theresa frowned before she glanced at the door beside them. It was the infirmary's door.

They were currently standing in the hallway just in front of the infirmary.

Theresa: "Why do you want to meet with him?"

Himeko: "I have something to ask him. Or more like, to make a deal with him."

Theresa: "..."

There was a serious tone behind her answer. That in itself made Theresa couldn't say anything back as she looked at Himeko with a worried expression.

Himeko, seeing her expression, sighed and smiled.

Himeko: "I'll be fine. No matter how annoying and a pain in the ass he is, he won't do anything to me since I'm not a suitable subject for any of his experiments."

Theresa: "Hearing you calling him annoying and a pain in the ass is a bit..."

Himeko: "What? But that's true, isn't it?"

Theresa: "Uuh... Yeah, probably."

Theresa scratched her cheek as she awkwardly looked away while Himeko tilted her head as if she was a bit confused by her reaction due to her saying the obvious.

Himeko: "Anyway, if you really want to know why, I'll tell you the reason."

Theresa: "...no. It's fine. I trust you."

Himeko: "No no, if you want to know, I can tell you, you know?"

Theresa: "I said it's fine. Why do you keep insisting on me wanting to know? What are you? A reverse-tsun?"

Himeko: "Huh? Nah, I'm too old for that."

Theresa: "...."

Himeko: "...ah."

With the flattest face she had ever mustered, Theresa sent Himeko a silent treatment---which somehow felt as if it was stabbing her and causing more damage than those void lances HoV used back then when they fought--- that caused the latter to started looking away as sweats slid down her face.

Theresa: "...hah..."

A sigh left her mouth.

Theresa: "If you really want to insist on telling me the reason, just tell me over while you're on your way to HQ. You'll have a lot of time to do so since the distance between Hyperion and HQ right now is quite wide."