Chapter 18

Hyperion, Ray’s POV

We’re now above ths mission location, me and my squad are preparing to land. When we reached the ground, we got off and Hyperion flew again to another location. I looked at my teammates and open my communicator, Major Himeko’s face appeared on a hologram.

Ray : “We just got off, Major. Orders ?”

M. Himeko : “You need to search for The Gem Of Desire, you can split up or search together. You can use the tool you got from Hyperion to search for it’s energy, but becareful, there’s a lot of zombies and honkai beasts.”

Ray : “Copy that, we’ll start now.”

I turned off the communicator, and picked up the searching tool we got from Hyperion. It doesn’t really pinpoint the exact location, but it searched for a big energy that got gathered on one location.

Ray : “The five of us will split up and try to search for it, if you find something, tell the others. If there’s nothing, we will gather here again in 20 minutes. Any questions ?”

Lei : “None”

Ray : “Okay, good luck then.”

The five of us walked different ways, I got inside one of the buildings. There’s some zombies, I slashed them silently to not alerted the other zombies. I finished all of them without much problem, I searched the building but no luck. I got to the rooftop and see that there’s a building beside this one, so I jumped to it.

I did the same thing for the past 10 minutes, just entered a building, slash some zombies, and jumped to another building. But, when I got on the last building of the row. I feel a big energy below me, I looked at the search tool and it seems like it was just there, not moving.

I entered the building silently, and killed a few zombies before I see a room. Decorated, and a person on a wheelchair looking outside the window. I knocked on the door, she got startled and looked behind her to see me.

Ray : “Uh, sorry but why are you here ? This isn’t a safe place to be in.”

??? : “Ah, sorry. But, I always lived in this place.”

Ray : “Wait, really ? That’s a dangerous thing to do you know, there’s many zombies and honkai beasts here. Miss ?”

Wendy : “My name’s Wendy, and you’re a valkyrie right ?”

Ray : “Well, a knight to be exact but yeah.”

Wendy : “A knight ? Is it because you’re a male ?”

Ray : “Yeah, by the way, have you seen a gem before ? We’re searching for a gem.”

Wendy : “Is it The Gem Of Desire ?”

I looked at her with widened eyes, How did she knows that ? I thought before calming myself.

Ray : “How did you ?”

Wendy smiled at me, she then pointed at herself.

Wendy : “Because, it’s inside me.”

I looked at her surprised by this news, I then said to my squad to come back to the gathering point.

Ray : “Can I bring you ?”

Wendy : “Yeah, sure”

I placed my hands on her wheelchair and walked to the rest of my squad, I talked to her.

Ray : “Is the Gem Of Desire what caused your legs to be ?”

Wendy : “Yes, that is true. After I got implanted the Gem Of Desire, my legs stopped working and I need to be on a wheelchair.”

Ray : “I’m sorry to hear that, are you okay now ?”

Wendy : “I’m fine, I already got used to it.”

While we’re still on our way, I suddenly feels strange. As if there’s something inside me that is different, I stopped my movement. I place my hand on my chest, Wendy looked at me worried.

Ray : Naron, what is happening ?

Naron : Your power, it’s resonating right now. It has received enough energy to resonate, and now it’s starting the process. It may be painful  for a while, but not long.

Ray : I-I see, oh and Naron ?

Naron : Yes, there is a was to save her

Ray : How ? Can you tell me ?

Naron : Do the same thing from how you sealed Mei’s, but...

Ray : But ?

Naron : This will seal off the gem of Desire, making it useless.

Ray : I see, our mission is to retrieve the gem of Desire. There is no further instructions like taking it not in a sealed state, so I think we’ll be okay.

Naron : So, will you do it ?

Ray : Yes, please help me, Naron.

Naron : Of course, Ray

After that, the strange feeling in my chest is gone. I controlled my breath and look to see that Wendy is wearing a really worried expression, I smiled and stood up.

Wendy : “What happened, Ray ?”

Ray : “Nothing, it’s nothing bad.”

Wendy : “Are you sure ?”

Ray : “Yeah, anyway, I have a question.”

Wendy : “Ask away”

Ray : “Do you want the gem to be removed ?”

I looked at Wendy, she seems surprised at my question. Her eyes seems to be cold fror a second, but quickly changed back to her normal eyes. I saw that, and become more cautious.

Wendy : “That would be a good thing, but unfortunately it can’t be removed as it’ll kill me.”

Ray : She lied, “I see, but what if there’s a 1 in a million chances it doesn’t kill you ? Will you remove it ?”

Wendy : “If there is, then yes. I’d like for it to be removed.”

She looked at me with a smile on her face, but I know that smile is a lie. I still doesn’t know what is her true objective, I just nodded my head and started moving again.

After a while, we reached the gathering point. I see that Kiana and the rest are already there, they looked at me and then looked at Wendy. I explained to them that her name is Wendy and the gem of Desire is insider her body, Bronya moved to her side and assures her that the gem of Desire wll be removed, Wendy just smiled at her. I called Major Himeko to explain our situation, but in the middle of explaining. Suddenly, the energy around us started to gather.

I looked and see that Wendy gathering the energy, the wind around us started to become stronger. I cut off my communication with Major Himeko, I cover my eyes with my arms, and then a blast of wind suddenly attacked us. I got thrown to a broken wall, I stood up and see that Wendy is now floating in the air. There are wings behind her back, her eyes color which is originally green become a brighter green, as if glowing.

Wendy started throwing attacks at us, we dodged. I give the others order to make sure not to hurt her, because I need to do something to her. They didn’t question my decision, just nodded and started to send her small attacks that can get her attention.

Ray : Naron ! Can I use my wind power now ?!

Naron : Yeah, you can. But, be careful to not often use 2 power at the same time, it’s dangerous.

Ray : Got it !

I activated my lightning power and increased my speed by gathering the energy on my legs, I then started to run to Wendy. When I’m almost close to her, I jumped and make an air platform for me to jump again. It worked, and I did that multiple times.

Wendy noticed me and started sending attacks at me, I dodged them while running on the air (It actually feels cool). The others looked at me with widened eyes, they didn’t expect to see me running while jumping on the air.
Wendy then made 3 tornadoes and send them in a different way, I shouted to them to take cover. While I still running and jumping while dodging her other attacks, when I got in front of her she tried to attack me with a wind cutter. But I quickly teleported to behind her, and chopped her neck. Making her unconscious, when she fall I caught her and we landed.

I looked to my teammates and they are starting to run to me, I make sure they are okay and they reply with different answers but it all has the same meaning as in “I’m okay”.

Mei : “Ray, what was that ? How did you do it ?”

Ray : “I’ll explain later, right now I need you to hold her.”

They did what I ordered, and hold her. I put my hand on her chest, where the gem is. They looked at me with unbelievable expression, but I said to them that I have to. They just nodded, and I closed my eyes. Suddenly, a light appeared from where my hand is. They looked at my hand with a surprised expression, but I still focus on what I do.

Not long after that, the light disappeared and Wendy opened her eyes. She looked around her to see that the valkyries are all holding her, and she looked at me who is placing my hand on her chest. Her face becomes red and she ask if we can let go of her now, which we did. But strangely, she slapped me after that.

I apologized to her, but I said it needed to be done. Damn, how is her slap so freakin’ painful ?! Do womans have special strength that activated when a certain conditions are cleared ? I need to investigate this later. I thought before I explain to Wendy what just happened.

Wendy : “So, you’re saying that the gem of Desire is sealed ? And you need to put your hand on my chest to do that ?”

Ray : “The way you say it makes me look like a pervert, but yeah the gem of Desire is sealed. And if it got taken out of your body, it won’t kill you.”

Wendy looked at me with a complicated expression, she’s happy that she can walk again and be normal, but she’s not happy because Schiksal’s will not get her revenge. I tried to talk to her, but she doesn’t seem to be listening to me. Mei assured me that she and the rest will try to talk to her, try to convince her to be good again, I just nodded.

I opened my communication to call Major Himeko, explainung what just happened. But, she ordered us to get out if here quickly, because Durandal is heading to our location. I understand quickly that we won’t get enough time to get out, so I ordered my squad to get out of here now and I will buy some time fighting Durandal. Kiana doesn’t want to accept but Mei convince her, Lei too has a worried expression. They got on the ship Hyperion has send, and I see that Mei is looking at me with a worried face, I nodded to her assuring her it’s okay.

Not long after that, the ship has floated and I see that Bianca just arrived. She looked at me surprised and looked at the ship that just got away. We both looked at each other without saying anything, but I opened my mouth.

Ray : “Durandal”

Bianca looked at me surprised with how I changed because i  called her with her  nickname, she has a complicated expression but become expressionless again.

Bianca : “Ray”

We looked at each other again in silence, I got into my fighting stance and she did too. Now, this will be out second duel, but this time, there’s no guarantee if I can get out alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author : Wow, almost 2.000 words. I didn’t expected that

Narrator : Nice, more words = more time it takes to read. Oh and... WHY DIDN’T I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ?! IT WAS RAY’S POV FRON THE START TO END !!

Author : Oh, yeah I forgot about that. But, the chapter after this, Ray vs Durandal will be a 3rd POV. So you will do the talking, happy ?

Narrator : :D

Author : Well then !

Author & Narrator : Thank you for reading, and we’ll see you in the next chapter ! Bye bye !