Chapter 37

Original Universe, Lei’s POV

I am now standing in front of the Main Security Room, fortunately the note I found also gave me a map of this facility. But unfortunately the map only show the floor where the Main Security Room is, not the full facility.

But, that’s not important right now. The note says that I will see the truth with my own eyes, I calmed down myself and slowly opened the door.

It reveals a room with many screen showing many areas, I look around and see no one. I walked inside, I noticed that there is a card on the table.

It was a “Level 5” card, I picked it up and put it in my pocket. I noticed that one of the camera was showing a certain room, it was a lab.

I looked at it and saw something moved, I tried to search it again. But after a few minutes, the electricity died. All the light turned off, my only source of light is my flashlight.

Did the power got turned off ? It’s too convenient with the timing, someone turned it off on purpose.

I look around the room but there’s nothing much other than some flashlight batteries, it’s good to have backup batteries so I grabbed them.

I got out of the room and head to the stairs, I got down and arrived at the first floor where there’s no more stairs heading down.

Gotta find another way to the basement, maybe a lift can take me there ? I think I need to turn on the power to do it, let’s search for the power maintenance room.

I started walking but quickly stopped when I heard something from a distance, it was a really small sound but I can hear it.

Something’s moving, I can’t really fight them in the dark. I’ll try to move quietly...

I continue walking but this time I carefully watch where I will step, I don’t want to accidentally step on something that will make any sound after all.

I arrived at the end of the hallway, there was some door but it was locked so I just continued on moving until here.

There is a door, it’s unlocked so I entered it. It seems like this is a janitor's room, there is broom and other things. I noticed there was a note, I picked it up and read it.

“Seriously ? Did someone turn off the power again ? This kind of things are happening more and more often, fortunately it only happens when not much people are here. So, it doesn’t really matter a lot. But still, it’s annoying. I decided to keep a copy of the key to the power maintenance room, so if the main office is locked or there is no one there. I can use it to turn on the power again, at least this will make my job easier.”

I look up and see the shelf the note was talking about, I searched for the key and found it. But, unfortunately the key was broken. There’s only the upper half of it, but when I look at it once more, I realized something.

Lei (N) : Hey, doesn’t this key look a lot like the one we found back there ?

Lei (S) : It is the same one, take a look at it carefully. This means we can somehow fuse them together and use it, try it.

Lei (N) : Uh, how ?

Lei (S) : Put both the key on the table, make sure it’s connected to each other.

I put both key on the table, I connected them. Suddenly, a small light appeared. The light went out and the key that was broken is now fully repaired, I grabbed it.

Lei (N) : What ? How ?

Lei (S) : Simple, game logic.

Lei (N) : Huh ?

Lei (S) : Just focus on the task right now, we need to search for the power maintenance room remember ?

I put the key on my pocket and got out of the room, I walked back to the direction where I came from. I passed the stairs and now is walking towards where I heard the sound before.

I focused on my hearing senses, there is no sound. So I kept on walking silently, until I arrived at a door. I shine mu flashlight on it, there is a sign beside the door.

“Power Maintenance”

I grabbed the key and put it in the keyhole, I spun the key around and a sound was heard.

*Click*

I opened the door slowly, I noticed there were blood marks on the floor. So I grabbed my sword and hold it in front of me, I'm slowly walking to the center of the room.

I found it, the power switch. It was on the wall, there is a blood mark on it. It looks like a hand, the blood also looks new as it’s still dripping down.

I look around me to make sure there is nothing, luckily there isn’t anyone other than me in this room. I walked to the switch, I slowly moved it up to turn on the power.

*Ting*

A sound was heard as I fully put the switch down, the lights around me starting to turn on. I put back my flashlight, I let out a breath of relief. That is until suddenly a loud noise appeared.

*CLANK*

A sound of door being forced open, I got into my fighting position and focused. I can hear steps, it’s getting closer and closer.

A creature appeared in front of me, it was looking at me even though it has no eyes. I can hear it sniffing, it then prepares it's hands as claws slowly appeared from it.

The monster charged at me at high speed, but I can still react to it. It moves it claws from above it’s head trying to do a slash, but I use my sword to blocked it.

It then swings it’s other claws from the side, I quickly duck and dodged it. I send a kick to it, it successfully blocked it with it’s arms.

It’s quite narrow here ! I need to move this fight to another place !

I then send another kick, but it got blocked as well. I already expected that as I quickly changed my position as I teleported to it’s side and kicked it again.

It hit it’s head and it got thrown to the wall, it passed through the wall. I charged at it and swing my sword from the side to do a slice on it’s neck, but I got interrupted midway as something stopped my hand from moving.

I looked at what is stopping my hand and see that it was a tentacle, I also noticed the monster was slowly recovering.

I quickly activated my power, the tentacles got blown and I charged again at the monster. It noticed me and uses it’s hand to block my sword, but my sword slice it’s hand and kept on going towards it’s neck.

The monster’s head fell, I then quickly teleported to make some distance. I noticed there were some tentacles coming out from the vents, I grabbed one of it and pulled it as hard as I can.

*CLANK*

The vent broke revealing a tentacle monster, it was heading towards me because of the impact from my pull. I point my sword towards it, the monster got stabbed directly to my sword.

It slowly stopped moving and came to a stop after a while, just to be sure I activated my power and made it got blasted away to the wall.

It got stucked to the wall, but slowly got down as blood marks appeared behind it. I did the same with the other one, I kicked it as hard as I can and it hit the wall as well.

Lei (S) : Done, now we just need to get to the deepest basement level.

Lei (N) : But, we still don’t know where the lift is, if there is one that is.

Lei (S) : Let’s head to the main office, the one mentioned in the note we found at the janitor’s room.

I swing my sword to make the blood got of the sword, and put it back to the hilt. I walked to the door and opened it, turns out it was one of the door that was locked from the hallway where I was heading to the janitor’s room.

I walked to the stairs and got up to the second floor, I walked until I found a door with the sign “Main Office”.

Lei (N) : Huh, how did you know it was on the second floor ?

Lei (S) : Well, there was no other way we can go on the first floor as it was blocked. So, might as well check the second floor.

I tried to open the door, surprisingly it wasn’t locked. The door opens revealing a room with many tables destroyed and it was quite a mess, I also noticed there is a locker on the corner of the room, blood was dripping out of it.

Yep, not checking what’s inside that.

I though at as I walked around the room to search for the map, I found it on the wall. The map was big as it covers the whole facility but not the basement, I quickly found the lift I was looking for.

I grabbed my phone and tried to take a picture of the map, but weirdly my phone was dead. I'm sure there was still power before I got here, I checked my communicator and it was dead as well.

Well, this is quite bad isn’t it ? But, I’m sure nothing bad happens... I think.

I nodded to myself and grabbed a paper to draw the route I need to go through.

(Timeskip)

I pressed the lift button, it glowed meaning it was going up. I waited for a bit and the door slowly opens, it was a mess. There were blood marks all over the wall, it was a disgusting sight to see but I need to go through this to get down.

After that, I arrived at the deepest basement level. I see a big door with a sliding card beside it, I slide my level 5 card and the light turned on.

*DRRRRR*

The door slowly slide open, I waited until it was fully open and got inside. It was dark, I can hear the door behind me was slowly closing in. After it was fully close, the light started to turn on.

What I see was something I didn’t even expected, I was too stunned to speak. It notices me and turn around, it was looking at me.

??? : “You’ve finally arrived... Lei Kinara.”

..

.

Lei : “... Dad ?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Narrator : The antagonist has finally made it’s appearance ! And it was Lei’s father ?!

Author : Hmm...

Narrator : Anyway, it seems like Lei family name has been revealed !

Author : Yep, I think this was the right time to say it

Narrator : But, Ray’s family name is still unknown right ?

Author : Yes

Narrator : By the way, how do we know if the Normal Lei switched with the Serious Lei ?

Author : I... don’t know

Narrator : Bruh

Author : Anyway !

Author & Narrator : Thank you for reading and we’ll see you in the next chapter ! Bye bye !