Chapter 13

Squad V’s Dorm, 3rd POV

Ray and Bronya is playing HOMU, Ray has a tense expression while Bronya is still expressionless, but there’s a hint of tense from her eyes as well. Both of them has the same score, and now is the final round. How did this happen ? Well, it’s rewind time.

Class 1-A, 3 Hours ago, Ray’s POV

I was writing some notes when Bronya suddenly came to me, I stopped my writing and looked at her. She looked at me back, both of us didn’t say a word. It goes like that for 5 minutes...

After our intense staring contest, Bronya opens her mouth.

Bronya : “The Bronya is confused why are we staring at each other.”

Ray : “Me neither, but that was awesome. Anyway, what’s wrong Bronya ?”

Bronya : “The Bronya ask Subject Ray, if he is free this afternoon.”

Ray : “I’m free, what do you need ?”

Bronya : “The Bronya wants to have a rematch with Subject Ray in HOMU.”

I understand quickly what she want, I smiled.

Ray : ”Sure, is it because we were tied the last time we play ?”

Bronya : “Da, The Bronya has been searching for a way to win since last time.”

Ray : “I see, I look forward on how will you do.”

After that, the class bell rings again meaning it’s lunch time. Both me and Bronya walked to the cafeteria together to buy some lunch, when we entered the cafeteria, it was startiny to be crowded. So, me and Bronya quickly bought our lunch and sat down on one of the empty tables.

Ray : *Sigh* “We almost didn’t get our lunch, fortunately they still have a few left.”

Bronya : “The Bronya agreed, by the way, Subject Ray.”

Ray : “Yeah ?”

Bronya : “Does Subject Ray knows where is Subject Mei and Idiotka Kiana ?”

Ray : “Haha, they are studying right now. Mei is helping Kiana, because her grades is in a critical state.”

Bronya : “Does Subject Ray not worried about exams ?”

Ray : “I’m not, because I always study when we got home to review what we learned that day. What about you, Bronya ?”

Bronya : “The Bronya have the ability to quickly memorized what she has reads, so The Bronya doesn’t do much when it’s almost exams.”

Ray : “Seriously ? That’s a really useful ability, let’s test it then.”

Bronya : “The Bronya have no problem with that.”

After that, I ask her a few questions. Some are easy, some are hard, and there are also questions I don’t even know the answer. She answered all of the correcty, I was impressed. After that we talk a bit more and finished our lunch, and then we walk back to class to study our last subject for today. When we arrived at class, we see that Mei and Kiana has arrived from the library. We greet them, and they greet us back.

Squad V’s Dorm, Present, Ray’s POV

Right now, both me and Bronya has the same score. That means, it’s the final round. Whoever wins this round, will win the game. I am feeling tense, it’s been some time since I played a game and feel this tense. I look beside me, and I see that Bronya is expressionless, but there’s hint of tense from her eyes.
Not long after that, the result comes. Bronya wins, and I lost. I just laughed it off, and Bronya seems happy. Because there’s a really small smile on her face, it can be missed if you don’t look carefully.

Ray : “So, Bronya. What will your prize be ?”

Bronya : “The Bronya didn’t think of that.”

Ray : “I see, well how about I bring you to a certain place then ?”

Bronya : “A certain place ? The Bronya is fine with that.”

Ray : “Okay then, let’s just go straight there.”

With that, I stood up and walk to the door. I opened the door and see that Mei and Kiana is outside, I got surprised but quicckly calm myself down. I ask them if they just arrived, which they reply with a “yes”, then Bronya came out as well and when we’re about to go. They asked me what I am doing with Bornya, I just said “We’re going to go to Bronya’s prize from our game just now, we’ll be back before late.” And with that, we continued to walk until we reach a certain place in the city.

City, Ray's POV

Bronya : “A shop ?”

Ray : “Yep, now let’s get inside.”

I opened the door and a sound like a bell ringing appeared, I look up and see that this door is connected to some kind of bell, to indicate if someone is entering the shop. An old man appeared behind the counter and sees us, he smiled.

Old Man : “Welcome, it seems that you brought a friend, Ray.”

Ray : “Yeah, her name is Bronya. We’re here to get her a prize from our game, it’s a HOMU game.”

When I said the word “HOMU”, he quickly understand what I meant.

Old Man : “I see, follow me then.”

The Old Man got inside the curtains, behind the counter. Bronya looked at me with a confused look, I just smiled and followed the Old Man, Bronya followed me as well.

When we got inside, Bronya is surprised to see so many HOMU merch. She has stars on her eyes, I laughed at her reaction.

Ray : “You can pick whatever you want, Bronya. I’ll give that to you as the prize.”

Bronya : “Really ?!”

I was surprised by her different tone, but I just smile and nod. Bronya then quickly walk and starts choosing. The Old Man sees this and has a smile on his face, but with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

Old Man : “Bronya... She's like my daughter...”

Ray : “...”

I stayed silent to hear what he's saying, while looking at Bronya who seems to be confused on what to choose.

Old Man : “She likes HOMU as well, but... Unfortunately, she died when the Honkai Eruption happened.”

Ray : “...”

Old Man : “Maybe, she will be a great friend to Bronya...”

I put my hand on his soldier, tapping it.

Ray : “I’m sorry for your loss, and I’m sure she will be a great friend to Bronya.”

A bit of tears coming out of the Old Man’s eyes, but his smile didn’t falter. I too has a smile on my face, imagining what would happen if Bronya has a friend that like HOMU a lot as well.

Not long after that, Bronya comes to me with a HOMU keychain.

Ray : “Hm ? Why keychains ?”

Bronya : “The Bronya hears what the Old Man said about her daughter, The Bronya is sorry for the loss.”

Old Man : “No, it’s okay... But, why keychains ?”

Bronya : “The Bronya found this.”

Bronya then hand the Old Man a letter, he opened it and start reading it. But, suddenly a tear come out from his eyes. I read the letter and understand why, it was a letter from his daughter talking about keychains for her friends.

Bronya : “The Bronya wants to be a friend to her, that’s why The Bronya picked keychains. Does Subject Ray wants to be her friend too ?”

Ray : “Yeah... Sure, let’s both be friends to her.”

Old Man : “Thank you... Thank you so much...”

The Old Man started to cry, I let out a small tear as well, and Bronya has an expressionless face but there’s a bit of tear at the corner of her eyes. I patted her head, and then not long after that we got home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Narrator : Hey ! *Sob* This was supposed to be a fun chapter ! *Sob* Why did you make it sad ?!

Author : You know... Not everything will always end up a happy ending... But, there’s a meaning behind every ending, either it’s a bad ending or good ending...

Narrator : But why ?!

Author : *sigh* I’ll tell you now, every hangout chapter will have something to do with the future... While it may seem like there’s no important things... For example, in this chapter. Bronya and Ray has a keychain, and that keychain will have something to do in the future, even if it will take a long time to happen...

Narrator : I see... But what about Mei’s chapter ? There’s nothing important from it, just them going on a date

Author : Well... Ray did buy something in that chapter, but he didn’t have the chance to give it to her. So, in other words... There will be several parts for hangout chapters for each characters

Narrator : Then, is there an order for this “part 1” of hangout chapters ?

Author : Well, the order is like this ; Kiana, Mei, Bronya, Fu Hua, Durandal, and finally Lei

Narrator : Lei as well ?

Author : Yeah, is something wrong ? Is it wrong for family to spend time together ?

Narrator : No, nothing’s wrong with that

Author : Well then !

Author & Narrator : Thank you for reading, and we’ll see you in the next chapter ! Bye bye !