Chapter 30

Another Universe, 3rd POV

After Rena finished crying, she and Mobius started telling Ray about his past. Ray was surprsied that it was completely different than his own past from his universe, and what’s more is that there is no honkai eruption.

While Rena was still talking, a voice “I’m home,” was heard from the front door, a man appeared at the living room with some groceries.

Man : “Oh ? Ray already came back ? And there’s Mobius-san as well ? Perfect, I just bought a cake.”

The Man smiled, but he then noticed that there were some tears on Rena’s face, as if she was crying just now.

Man : “R-rena ? What’s wrong ?”

Rena : “D-dear, our Ray...”

Mobius : “Fraya-san.”

Fraya, Ray’s father, is showing a confused face. He doesn’t understand why Mobius just said that, but he quickly analyzed the little information he received.

Fraya : “Did something happen to Ray’s memories ?”

Rena and Mobius nodded, Ray was showing a sad expression. Fraya sat down beside Rena and asks what happen, Mobius explained that Ray lost his memories.

Fraya : “I see... Then, Ray ?”

Ray : “Yes ?”

Fraya : “You... really don’t remember anything, do you ?”

Ray shakes his head, Fraya looked down at the floor. He then begin telling about Ray’s past as well, but, rather than a past, it was more like a family moments.

Ray slowly tear up, but he just let that happen. He knows that he feels envious about this universe’s Ray, but that feeling quickly disappear as he realized something.

This universe’s Ray doesn’t know about the Honkai, meaning that when a honkai eruption did happen. Then, there’s a possibility that his ‘parents’ can die.

Ray won’t let that happen as he doesn’t want an alternate self of him suffer, he promises himself that.

As time goes on, it was already night time when they finished telling Ray about his past. Rena told Ray to accompany Mobius back home, which he respond with an “Okay.”

Ray and Mobius got out of the house and begin walking, while they were walking, suddenly Mobius grabbed Ray’s hand, holding it.

Ray : “Uh, Mobius-san ?”

Mobius was sad that Ray called her with a “-san” when they usually call each other without honorifics.

Mobius : “Just call me Mobius, we’ve been calling each other with our names... Please... Don’t change it.”

Ray just nodded silently and let Mobius hold his hand, they kept on walking silently. Not long after, they arrived at Mobius’s house.

Mobius let go of her hand, she suddenly hugged Ray. Ray was surprsied but he let her, as he patted her back. After a while, Mobius released the hug and opened the door.

Ray : “Good night... Mobius”

Ray smiled and did a little wave, which in response Mobius did the same.

Mobius : “Yeah, good night... Ray”

Mobius closed the door and Ray started walking back, while he was walking, he stopped as he looked up to see the stars.

Ray : I wonder how are they now...

He thought as he continue walking back to his house, not realizing that someone was looking at him from a distance.

(Timeksip)

After Ray arrived at home, he have dinner with his parents and got to his room. He was surprised that there are a lot of books in his room, but he welcomed it as he likes to read books.

Ray lay down on the bed, he started thinking about things that has happen after he fell into the void from the battle againts HoV. Not long after that, he closed his eyes. Drifted to sleep.

Ray’s Dream, Ray’s POV

When I opened my eyes, the first color I saw was white, it seems like I’m here again. In this white space, I don’t know why though.

I stood up and look around, this time there’s no table or chairs, only blank. I tried to walk but I can’t, I looked down to see that my legs are chained up.

Ray : “Huh ? Why are my legs ?”

I hold the chain, I tried to break but I failed.

Ray : “Well, at least I tried.”

I sat back down, but when I did. My surroundings suddenly changed, I can see myself not far from me.

Ray : “That’s... Me ?”

He was standing in front of a girl, it was Mobius but smaller, she looks like she was crying.

Ray (?) : “Hey, are you okay ?”

Mobius (?) : *Sob* *Sob*

Ray : Wait, is this his past ? The me from this universe ?

Ray (Past) tried to calm down Mobius (Past), but she kept crying.

Ray (P) : “Uhh... Oh ! I know.”

Ray (P) suddenly hugged Mobius (P), he patted her back. I was a bit confused on why did he do that, but I kept on watching.

Mobius (P) slowly stopped crying, she saw that a boy was hugging her.

Mobius (P) : “Umm...”

Ray (P) : “Oh ! You stopped crying.”

Mobius (P) : “Yes... Um, why did you hug me ?”

Ray (P) : “My dad said that if someone was crying, you hug them to caln them down ! It seems he was right !”

Ray (P) smiled widely, and Mobius (P) slowly smile as well.

Mobius (P) : “My name is Mobius... What’s your name ?”

Ray (P) : “I’m Ray ! Nice to meet you, Mobius !”

Mobius (P) : “Um, want to be friends ?”

Ray (P) : “Sure ! Let’s be friends forever !”

Both of them smiled, and they started playing together. I'm looking at them with a smile on my face, now I knows how alternate me and Mobius know each other.

Well, Mobius did say about their encounter for the first time. But, now I can see how it goes.

My surroundings changed once again, this time I’m looking at a school. I can see myself wearing a middle school uniform, he’s walking with Mobius.

They are talking happily, as if a couple. Boys around them are showing jealousy, but the two didn’t realized it. I let out a small laugh.

It changed again, but this time I’m inside the school. I can see that Ray (P) was talking to another girl, I looked around and noticed that Mobius (P) was looking at them.

Ray : Oh ? Is it what I think it is ?

I laughed a bit after seeing that Mobius (P) called Ray (P) and she got a bit mad, but Ray (P) didn’t understand why she was mad.

Ray : But, does this Ray actually feel the same towards her ?

Just as I finished my thought, my surroundings changed again. Right now, I’m in a library I think. I saw that there are 4 people, which the two of them are Ray (P) and Mobius (P).

Ray : Wait, is that Mei and Kevin ?

The other two are Mei (P) and Kevin (P),  this Mei is quite different from my universe’s Mei. They look like they’re studying together. There’s a lot of books on the table, I take a look at it and it’s about materials for the finals.

Ray (P) : “Ugh... So many !”

Mobius (P) : “Shh ! We’re in the library remember ?”

Kevin (P) : “Well, at least it’s not hard to remember right ? After all, Mei-san here is good at teaching.”

Mei (P) : “Ahaha... I’m not that special, it’s your brains that can understand quickly.”

Ray (P) : *Sigh* “You three are always at the top of the school, how do you become that smart ?”

Mei (P) let out an awkward smile, Kevin (P) just patted his shoulder, while Mobius (P) just look at him.

Mobius (P) : “But when we’re still in Primary School, you’re the smartest in class right ?”

Kevin (P) : “Wait, really ?”

Mobius (P) nodded and started telling them about that one time Ray (P) got full marks on all exams, because of that he was given a prize from the school.

Mei (P) : “That’s impressive, Ray-san.”

Ray (P) shakes his head, declining it. They then continued to talk and finally studied again, Mobius (P) helped Ray (P) while Mei (P) helped Kevin (P).

My surroundings changed again, this time I’m in front of a board with names. I can see that Ray (P) and Mobius (P) are searching for their names, the found it and cheered because they got in.

Then Mei (P) and Kevin (P) came to them and cheered as well, because they got in the same class. The four of them celebrated in Ray’s house, Fraya bought a cake and Rena cooked them a lot of delicious food.

It was a fun time for them, they enjoyed the food and have fun talking with each other. I looked at the scene with a smile, knowing this is what will happen if Honkai never happen.

Slowly the scene in front of me fade to white, now I’m back in the white space. The chains are gone, and I can move freely.

I laid down on the floor, realizing that my vision was slowly blurring and so, I closed my eyes. Waking myself up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Narrator : Well, that was quite a chapter

Author : Yep

Narrator : Oh, you’re back

Author : Yeah, I feel better now

Narrator : Then, about this chapter...

Author : Yeah ?

Narrator : It’s pace is slo- *Got punched in the guts* UGH ! *Slowly falls down*

Author : Phew ~ That feels good, I haven’t moved my body for a while...

Narrator : D-does that m-means you’re a maso- *Got kicked in the gut* AGH !

Author : Haha funny joke, but no

Narrator : W-why must you t-treat me like t-this ?

Author : Did you forgot ? We don’t even feel pain in this section, I turned it off

Narrator : Tch, you got me

Author : *Sigh* ... Well then !

Author & Narrator : Thank you for reading, and we’ll see you in the next chapter ! Bye bye !