Chapter 79

✦✦✦

--- Start of Chapter ---

[Floating City]

*Fwoosh*

A certain sound made its way into Kevin's ear, it was the sound of wind passing by. At first glance, it was certainly strange. How could a natural wind exist within this isolated space? Well, the answer would be simple, that being---it didn't.

Wind had been passing by his body as he remained calm and observed what was happening in front of him.

A whirlwind had formed. As a result, his vision had been blocked and he could no longer see his opponent. But even so, he didn't lower his guard in the slightest as he waited for what was about to happen soon.

A few seconds ago, there was only slow and soft air movement. But now, it had moved so fast that even the rubbles from the destroyed walls and buildings had shown signs of being pulled into it.

In the center of it, Ray stood still.

His golden eyes were sometimes glowing before dimming the next second, it had repeated for a few times now. But then, as if something had ordered him to move again, he lifted his gaze and looked beyond the vortex walls, toward the man who had been giving him quite a difficult time all this time.

???: "...no more holding back."

Ray: "..."

A certain voice rang within his mind, and his golden eyes started gleaming yet again.

???: "No matter the cost."

Ray: "...no matter the consequences."

He muttered to himself---or was he?

???: "This time---"

Ray: "It's all or nothing."

His mouth moved naturally as he completed the sentence.

Then, his golden eyes shone completely.

And soon enough, the whirlwind died down, giving a clear view of his surroundings. Not just that, but now there was nothing between him and the man in the distance.

Once again, the two had their gaze met one another through the air. Their stare down stayed for a moment before Ray opened his mouth.

Ray: "Re:Creation, Prolog."

Particles started gathering by his hand, slowly forming the shape of a sword, and as it had formed completely, he grabbed its handle before making a single swing to the side.

*Fwoosh*

Slicing the whole building apart into two. Only for it to soon fall into its demise. There was a nonchalant look on his face as he changed his grip on the handle to fit his style.

Kevin, on the other hand, noticed that Ray was no longer the same person as he was in the beginning. And so, he sighed.

Truth be told, it was disappointing, but also pitiful. The loss of an important person would cause this much change. But of course, he was the catalyst for such change. So, he had to take care of it until the very end.

As such, Kevin controlled his breathing and focused his eyes---Only for everything around him slowed down to the very limit of his current capabilities. He couldn't even be surprised as the tip of Prolog's blade had arrived right in front of his gut.

So, not having any other option at the moment, he shouted---

Kevin: "---█████!"

*CRACK!*