Chapter 50

— Behind The Scene —

Author : ...Uh, long time no see?

Narrator : Seriously? Where were you? It's been months!

Author : Uh no, it has been only 2 months though?

Narrator : Eh, really?

Author : Probably

Narrator : ...Anyway, do you have any reason on why you delay this chapter for so long?

Author : Well, I was laz-

Narrator : *Glare*

Author : Okay okay! I needed more time to think of the story after this arc, you know? Well, maybe not directly "after", more like a few arcs ahead of this one, but you know what I mean...

Narrator : Is that so?

Author : ...You still don't trust me?

Narrator : You expect me to trust you?

Author : Uh, no. Maybe not now, probably sometime in the future

Narrator : Keep dreaming. Anyway, what's important is that you're back now, right?

Author : ...

Narrator : You'll be typing stories a lot more again, right?

Author : Anyway!

Narrator : This little shi-

Author : Thank you for waiting and enjoy the chapter!

Narrator : ...Sigh, yeah, what he said just now... Oh well, enjoy!

— Start Of Chapter —

[???, Captain's POV]

A while had passed since the call with Dr. Einstein. I looked beside me to see Seele was sleeping on Bronya's lap. She was sleeping quite peacefully.

Bronya was patting Seele's head when she realized I was looking at her, she looked at me, and then at Seele, and then at me again.

Bronya : "Heh."

She smugged like a certain character while I just sighed while shaking my head.

Captain : "But to know that you became a Herrscher as well... It's quite surprising, you know?"

Bronya : "Is it?"

Captain : "Of course. Though, I have a feeling that a certain someone won't be surprised."

Bronya : "Hm. Lei won't be surprised."

Captain : "You do realize I'm not talking about her, right?"

I looked at her silently.

Bronya stayed silent for a moment before nodding her head slowly.

Bronya : "The Bronya miss him."

Captain : "Well, all of us do."

I said as I was about to pat her head but quickly stopped. A bad feeling quickly appeared in my heart and I reflexively ducked my head.

A bullet quickly passed through my former head position and penetrated the ground.

Captain : "The heck?!"

Bronya : "An enemy?!"

I grabbed my handgun from my waist and tried to search the shooter's position, while Bronya formed two mechanical hands with cannons attached to them floating mid-air.