Chapter 35

Original Universe, Lei’s POV

Lei : “Well, here I am.”

I stopped walking, I still have the map on my hand. It was a map about a secret facility in the underground, I found it when I was checking the other things in the second basement.

I looked around and only see trees, I’m currently inside the forest. I can feel there are multiple animals, but they didn’t tried to get near me.

Which is actually a good thing, as I don’t have to kil- I mean, knock them out.

*Sigh* It seems like the other me still have some control left huh... But, what's important right now is that I need to know why does this map has a seal that is blocking the honkai energy inside it ?

I looked back at the map, I remember that I broke the seal without realizing it. When I was still in the basement, searching for anything useful, I stumbled upon this map.

When I touched it, a sound of glass shattered appeared, meaning a barrier was broke. After that, suddenly honkai energy appeared from the map.

I picked up the map and then followed it, not forgetting to lock the house first and cover the tube.

It doesn’t took long to find the mark on this map, only a few kilometers away from my house.

I looked down only to see dirt, I looked back at the map but there is no information about the entrances or whatsoever.

I sighed, I tried to focus my senses. It worked, I can feel something from below me.

Hmm, what do I need to do ? Should I dig it ? But I don’t even bring a shovel... Huh ? What’s that ?

I saw an odd tree, it has a perfectly shaped box in the middle of it. I noticed that the shape is the same as the map, I put the map on the shape.

A sound of something moving appeared, I looked back to see the ground was lifting up.

After it was lifted up, a door appeared. I looked back and grabbed the map, I saw a keyhole on the door.

I tried to put the same key I used to open the second basement and it worked, I spun it around and the door unclocked.

Dad... Did Mom also know about this... I hope my question will be answered...

I thought as I opened the door, stairs appeared with only darkness on the end. I can’t see what is on the other end, I calmed down myself, grabbed my flashlight, and started walking down the stairs.

*Clack*

Eh ?

I looked back to see that the door was closed.

It seems like there no going back huh...

I focused my attention back on the darkness below, I keep walking down.

(Timeskip)

I reached the end of the stairs, there is another door. But this time, it’s a sliding door.

I noticed a skeleton beside the door, it was on the floor. It also has a card on it’s neck, as if the person ate the card before he dies.

But, why did he ate the card ? And how did the card not dissolve after it got eaten ?

Lei : “I’m sorry.”

I grabbed the card, I noticed there was a sliding card place beside the door.

I slid on it, the light suddenly turned on and the door open slowly. I feel a bit nervous, but I quickly calmed down myself.

Remember what Ray taught you, stay calm on any situation...

I looked on the door again, the door has completely opened. I make sure my swords are still on my hips, I then nodded to myself and walked inside.

After I got inside, the door automatically closes. I looked around and realize that this place was huge.

How did they built this ?

I asked myself as I walked around, there are still some light but it was dim. I used my flashlight, I kept on walking around.

When I reached what seems to be a receptionist desk, I looked behind and saw skeletons on the chairs behind the table.

What actually happened here...?

I jumped over the desk, looking for anything useful. I found a card, but it seems like this is a staff card so I picked it up.

I got out and started walking, I saw a door so I tried to walk there. It seems like my card isn’t high enough as I can’t enter it, even with the staff card.

I looked around and saw another door, I walked to it and opened it.

I got inside and saw a big, a really big room. It seems like this is the main area, I noticed a couple of escalators and lifts.

I walked down one of the escalator to the bottom of the floor, I realized there are multiple floors in this one big room.

Wow, they really did made a big facility huh... But, there still no signs of what are they doing in this facility...

I arrived on the bottom, I looked around and saw a sign above one of the door. It was old, but I can still read it.

“Patients Room” Patient ? Is this a hospital ? But, why did they hid it underground ?

I opened the door, revealing a long hallway. I walked all the way, and arrived at a desk again.

I noticed the desk was covered by glass, and there’s a skeleton inside it.

He has a card on his neck, it’s tied up. I looked behind it and saw a door, it seems like I can enter it.

I look beside me and there is a door to a room beside this place, I tried to open the door but it was locked.

I walked to a door not far from it, I opened it. I also noticed a sign on the wall beside it, I tried to read it but it’s too hard to see it.

I got inside and looked around, I saw tables lining up and a big table in the middle of the room.

A cafeteria ? Is it for the patients ?

I walked to one of the tables, I can still see plates with disgusting things on it. Perhaps it’s the foods that got left for a long time, and there are other plates as well.

I tried to get behind the big table, I walked around inside but there’s nothing much.

I got out of the area behind the big table, I was about to open the door out when-

*CLANK*

A loud noise was heard, I quickly look back to see one of the door got forced opened.

It was originally a steel door, so I can’t open it. But, now it’s open.

Something’s here with me, but why didn’t I feel anything or sensed anything ? Wait... My senses... Are blocked ?!

I just realized that I can’t even use my senses like normal, I can’t feel any energy around me.

Is that why I didn’t feel any Honkai energy this whole time ? Even though I felt it when I was going down the stairs...

I quickly calmed down myself, I still can fight without it but it’ll be hard. But, as long I can do it then it’s still good.

I shined my flashlight to it, I can see a hallway. I walked inside, I noticed there are glass around me in the hallway.

But it was too dark to see anything, and my flashlight somehow can’t get through it.

I kept on walking until I arrived at a door, I used my staff card and it opened. Revealing another hallway, but this time there are several doors.

I tried one of the door but it was locked, I tried the others and it’s locked as well.
I noticed one of the doors was gone, I looked inside and saw a small room. There is a bed, that’s the only thing inside.

I got inside, I noticed there are marks on the wall. As if it’s counting number of days, I counted it.

10 days ? What does this actually mean ?

I also noticed blood mark on the bed, I tried to see what’s under the bed. I lifted the bed up, and saw it.

?!

I tried to quickly teleported outside the room, fortunately my powers are still active as I did it.

The bed fell, but it stopped as a hand(?) appeared. It stopped the bed falling, I noticed there is a small platform above me and teleported there quickly.

I looked down to see the glass shattered because the bed was thrown out, I prepared my sword and focused.

But, nothing came out. I waited for a bit longer, and there’s still nothing.

What was that ? I saw a hand... But, the hand itself was incompleted. The bones and muscles are visible, but there are completed parts such as the fingers...

I put my sword back to it’s hilt, I looked around me and saw a door not far from me. So, I walked to it and tried to open it.

It opened, revealing another room. I noticed a sign on the door, I read it.

“Observation Platform”, I see... So that’s why there are shattered glass on the floor, something broke it.

I looked around the room, there are monitors and other things. I saw a card on the table, I picked it up and noticed that this card has a higher level.

“Level 2”, huh... Well, I’ll take it.

I put the card in my pocket, I then saw a door and opened it. Another hallway, but this time there are blood marks on the wall.

Calm your mind Lei... There are other areas you need to explore... You can do this.

I thought to myself as I started walking, not knowing there’s something watching me through the cameras.

Main Security Room, ???’s POV

??? : “....L...e...i...?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Narrator : Ookaay, when did this book has a horror tag in it ?

Author : Uh, never ?

Narrator : Then why does this feels like a horror/thriller movie ?!

Author : Well, because it needed to be done ?

Narrator : *Sigh* But this will end in the next chapter right ?

Author : Maybe ? I don’t know

Narrator : Ugh, seriously ?

Author : It depends on the story progresssion, so yeah...

Narrator : What about Ray’s arc ?

Author : They have different timeline, because they’re different universes

Narrator : There’s no other way other than continue huh...

Author : It’s okay, I don’t even know how to make a horror story, so worst case scenario, it will be a really bad horror scene

Narrator : Well, other than that... Who was it that called Lei in the end ?

Author : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Narrator : Okay, where is the table again...

Author : ‘Aight imma head out, peace *Starts disappearing*