Kiana's Special Chapter - Unforgettable Warmth

- Behind The Scenes -

Author: You know what time it is?

Narrator: It's 15.12

Author: That's not what I mean, damn it! Ugh...

Narrator: Then what time is it now?

Author: It's a wholesome story time! It's been quite long since we did this kind of thing, you know?

Narrator: ...Huh, now that you said it. You're right. When was the last time we ever did a wholesome chapter?

Author: ...Uh, anyway-

Narrator: This little crap, dodging the subject because he already forgot about his own story

Author: Oh, shut it! I was too busy with other things, you know!

Narrator: Sure, sure. Let's just get this over with

Author: Well, if you say so. Ah, right! I almost forgot about an important thing!

Narrator: Hm?

Author: Well, I'll make an announcement later. Anyway, onto the chapter!

- Start Of Chapter -

[Squad V's Dorms, Kiana's POV]

Mei: "Kiana, are you busy?"

As I was watching the tv, Mei's question made me move my gaze toward her.

Kiana: "No. Why?"

Mei: "Can you go buy some ingredients? We're running out."

While slicing some carrots, she asked me.

Kiana: "Hm... Okay."

Mei: "Thank you."

I stood from my seat and walked to my room.

A few minutes later, I got out with different clothings.

Lei: "Hm? Going somewhere, Kiana?"

Suddenly, Lei appeared out of her room and asked me while tilting her head.

Kiana: "Shopping. Mei said we're running out of ingredients."

Lei: "Hm~ Okay, then. Happy shopping."

I nodded my head before walking back to the living room.

Kiana: "Mei?"

Mei: "Yes?"

Without even looking at her fingers, she kept on slicing the vegetables and looked at me at the same time.

It was dangerous. But it's Mei, she was already a pro in the first place. So, there was no problem.

Kiana: "What are the things I need to buy?"

Mei: "Ah, right. The list's on the table."

Kiana: "Huh, okay."

Pointing her finger to the table, I nodded and went to it.

A white paper with some stuff written on it was placed there.

Lei: "...That's quite a long list."

Mei: "It can't be helped, okay? There were a lot of ingredients that ran out at the same time. Well, maybe it's my fault for not noticing it, in the first place?"

Lei: "Ah, no wait. I'm not saying that it's your fault. Uh, how should I say it... Guh..."

With a complicated face, she tried to correct herself but failed. But a second later, a chuckle came from Mei.