Chapter 63

--- Behind the Scenes ---

Author: Ha! I did as I promised! A new chapter in three days!

Narrator: Hm? But isn't this still day 2?

Author: Heh?

Narrator: The day where you uploaded a chapter doesn't count, right? That means today is still day 2 and not yet day 3

Author: ...r u srs?

Narrator: Yep

Author: ...I knew it.

Narrator: Uh?

Author: I should've just continued watching the yt video I was in the middle of watching instead of making a chapter!

Narrator: ...anyway, enjoy the chapter, everyone!

--- Start of Chapter ---

[Hyperion, Leila's POV]

(Kiana had been found... was it?)

I looked over at Theresa who was speaking with some staff and Dr. Tesla.

(So, my guess was correct. There's no way Kiana's last location before this latest information being on the same route toward Nagazora was a coincidence. Meaning that she had always planned to go to Nagazora once she's free from Durandal in whatever place they were before.)

Folding my arms in front of me, I glanced at the monitor placed on the wall just a distance away.

(A sudden burst of honkai energy... that was their clue. And what they thought as the cause was Kiana's long-distance teleportation ability. But wouldn't that mean that she had some control over the Herrscher of Void's power within her? Does that mean... Mei, Lei, and I aren't the only ones to be able to use the herrscher powers within us? Either intentionally or unintentionally, of course... Although, I think the only ones that are able to fully transform into a herrscher is just both me and Lei based on what was told to me by her in that mysterious place. Well, we did try to transform again when I told her about it before being called by Himeko a while back. But...)

I sighed at the memory that crossed my mind.

[An Hour Ago]

Lei: "Eh?! We can do a fusion?"

With a star in her eyes, she asked me with her hands moving around to show just how excited she was.

Leila: "What? Fusion? No. Although I don't know what that is, I have a strong feeling that it's different."

Lei: "Owh... That's kind of a letdown..."

Lei looked at the bed with a depressed expression---wait, she became depressed just because of that?---while I still didn't really understand what she was talking about. Anyway, I coughed to turn her attention back to me.

Leila: "Back to the point. Both you and I can turn into a herrscher as long as we let our souls become one."

Lei: "But, Onee-chan..."

Leila: "What is it?"

Lei: "How do we do that? Fusing our souls?"

Leila: "Hm... I don't really know either, since Kaine only told me the gist of it..."

Lei: "Hm, is that so..."

Both of us tilted our heads together. The difference between our similar actions was that I had a hand under my chin while Lei only tilted her head with her eyes closed.