Chapter 54

— Behind The Scenes —

Author: Aha! I did it! I finished the chapter WHILE going through my finals!

Narrator: You... Are you insane?

Author: I've long become insane!

Narrator: ...I'll call for help

Author: Ahaha! I don't need help! I'm a man who does things all by himself!

Narrator: Yes, he seems like he needs some mentality treatment

Author: Ahaha!

Narrator: Please come fast, I don't know what kind of crazy thing he will do next.

Author: What are you talking about? I'm fine like how I usually am!

Narrator: Leaving him to himself, let's start the chapter, shall we?

— Start Of Chapter —

[L̶e̶i̶'̶s̶ ̶D̶r̶e̶a̶m̶ (???), ???'s POV]

???: "..."

At the top of one of the highest buildings around, I gazed at the hospital without saying anything. Meanwhile, my finger was aimed toward a certain location within that building.

Slowly, I moved my hand back to its former position—folding in front of me.

It had been quite some time since them—those intruders—had entered this universe.

A girl that looked so familiar and also a girl that was trying to save her friend.

???: "...Stupid."

What childishness.

The girl that was trying to ease her guilt by trying to kill herself, was stupid.

The girl that was trying to save her friend, was also stupid.

???: "..."

But maybe... You need that kind of stupidity to do something no one had ever done before.

???: "Let's see how you save your dearest friend... Wendy."

My eyes focused on what appeared to be two figures talking to each other.

[Hospital Basement (?), Wendy's POV]

The information that he had given me just now shocked me. It was hard to believe, yet it was a fact. So many things were happening inside my mind. It took me a few minutes to process it.

Wendy: "The Valkyries... are all dead?"

My voice was shaking a bit. But that in itself was understandable. After all, I just heard a shocking piece of information.

To my likely-expected reaction, he nodded slowly.

???: "I know it's hard to believe, but... It's true. They are all gone."

With a bitter expression, he stared at me.

???: "To know that you're a valkyrie is quite shocking to me, as well. But the fact that you're standing right in front of me made all of my doubts disappear."

Slowly moving his hand to my shoulder, he continued.

???: "Wendy, is it? I'm sorry to say this but—"