Chapter 17

Hyperion, Ray’s POV

I’m now with the rest of my squad in the meeting room, we’ve been given a mission to retrieve the Gem Of Desire, Naron said that this gem is a source for one of the 14 existing herscher, Herrscher Of The Wind.

After the meeting, I walked to the training room, to test out one of my powers. When I arrived, I see that Kiana is training her gun-kata. Some kind of martial arts, mixed with a gun moves. She noticed me and ask me to come over, so I walked to her.

Ray : “What’s wrong, Tuna ? Feeling nervous ?”

Kiana : “Hey ! Me, nervous ? Of course not ! I just want you to be my sparring partner !”

Ray : Déjà vu ? “Oh, okay.”

Me and Kiana walked to the arena, smaller than the one from Schiksal’s and St. Freya’s. We stand on opposite sides of the arena, the door suddenly slides open. Revealing The Captain who was with Himeko, they saw us and quickly understand what we were about to do. Himeko stand between us, she looked at both of us.

Himeko : “Are you to ready ?”

Ray & Kiana : *Nods*

Himeko : “Then, 3...2…1... Start !”

Kiana ran to me while shooting, I just dodged the bullets while standing. She frowned and ran to me faster, I still didn’t moved. When she got close enough, she shot a bullet to me. I dodged, she then send a kick to my face. I dodged, she throw her gun to me. I catched it, but she suddenly kicked my waist. I got careless from her distraction, she smiled.

I threw her gun to her, and moved without my powers. I ran to her and send a low kick to her legs, she sees this and jumped. But, I already predicted this and use my momentum to send a side kick while she’s still in air. She was surprised to see my move, she use her arms to block my kick. She got thrown back, she groaned but she still got back up. I smiled, knowing that Kiana will not give up until her last stand.

Ray : “Let’s stop it here."

Kiana : “H-huh ?”

Ray : “We don’t want you to be injured do we ? We need you for our mission this time, let’s stop okay ?”

Kiana : “... Okay”

I walked to her and I offered her to be carried to the infirmary room on Hyperion, she grumbles but accepted. I crouch and allowed her to get on my back, she reluctantly but did it anyway. After that, I stood up with Kiana on my back, I said goodbye to The Captain and Himeko.

Himeko has a smile on her face, while The Captain seems to be thinking of something. I got out without thinking much about them, while on our way, Kiana decided to talk to me.

Kiana : “Hey, Ray”

Ray : “Yeah ? What’s wrong, Kiana ?”

Kiana : “You’re strong... How did you become this strong ?”

Ray “I... Just trains you know, just like the others.”

Kiana : “But, the first time you fight Durandal, you manages to stand againts her.”

Ray : “But, she gave me and advantage remember ?”

Kiana : “But, you don’t even have any training that time ! How did you did you manged to do that ?!”

Ray : “...”

Kiana : “Ray ?”

Ray : “I don’t know, Kiana. I don’t know.”