Chapter 20

???, Lei’s POV

The first thing I see is the ceiling, I seem to be on a bed. I sit on the bed and looked around, it’s strange. It seems like a normal room, even though we were supposed to be captured. I don’t see anyone except me in the room, but I sense something from one of the wall. I looked at the wall for a few second and punched it, I heard a crack. I punch it again, harder this time.

The wall now has a hole in it, I go through the hole and see that it was a room. An observation room, the wall I punched was actually glass from this side. Then suddenly, a being appeared. It’s her, the unknown herrscher that said I am her host. She has a smile on her face, she look satisifed.

Lei : “Why do you-“

Herrscher : “Look happy ? It’s because you got out just after you wake up, you didn’t even cared about what inside as long you got out, right ? As expected from my host.”

I stayed silent at her response, she was right. I didn’t care about what are the things from inside the room, I just instantly search for a way out. I walked to the door, but I can’t open it. I see that it requires a card, I looked around and saw a “Level 2” card. I grab it and slide it at the door, unlocking it.

I walked out of the obeservstion room, and got inside a hallway. There’s 2 ways, right or left. I sharpen my senses to search for any familiar energy from my friends. Wendy is on the right, Mei is on the left. Wendy is closer, so I go right.

Not long after I walked, 2 scientist appeared from a door on the side not far from me. I use my teleportation power to get behind them and knocked them out, I dragged their bodies inside the room where they came from and grab their cards. I locked the door, and crushed their “Level 2” cards.

Herrscher : “Aw, you’re using my powers.”

Lei : “Shut it”

Herrscher : “Of course, my host. When your ‘brother’ isn’t here you really changed your personality, as expected I was right to pick you as my host.”

The Herscher nodded and put her arms in front of her, she has a smile on her face. It annoys me, so I just walked without looking at her. She followed me, without erasing the smile on her face.

After a while, I sensed Wendy’s energy from one of the door. I opened it and there is 4 scientists watching a panel of glass, beside the door, there’s 2 guards. The guards noticed the door opened and saw me, before they could even talk. I snapped their neck, killing them.

One of the scientist realized what just happened and have a terrified expression on his face. I smiled and put one finger in front of my mouth, giving a “sshh” to him. He quickly nodded and walked to me, he give me his “Level 3” card and plead to not kill him.

Scientist : *Whisper* “P-please, don’t kill me... I have a family...”

Lei : *Whisper* “It’s okay... You’ll forget this ever happened.”

I chop his neck and he fell, when his body hit the floor. The other scientists looked at their friend’s body, and looked at me. I smiled, and all of them become terrified. I knocked each of them in less than a second, The Herrscher smiled become wider.

Herrscher : “You’re so ruthless, I love it !”

Lei : “I’m not”

Herrscher : “Oh ? You’re not ? Then what did you just do ? Let’s see here ~ there’s 2 guards dead, and 4 scientists on the ground, laying unconscious. You can just knocked the guards out, but you didn’t.”

Lei : “...”

Herrscher : “Don’t want to respond, hmm ~ ? That’s fine ~”

I just walked to the glass, I looked inside and see that Wendy is unconscious. I punched the glass, breaking it. I walked to Wendy and put my hand on her body, a light appeared and then after a few seconds it disapeared.