Chapter 19

A Blank Field, 3rd POV

Ray and Durandal is staring at each other, both of them is already on their fighting stance. Both of Ray’s swords is already on his hand, while Durandal’s lance is on her hand pointing at Ray.

Ray’s eyes suddenly becomes purple and he disappeared in less than a second, Durandal is surprised but she kept her calm. She sensed something from behind her and she put her lance in front of her in time, Ray’s swords suddenly appeared and strike Durandal’s lance.

Ray disappeared again and Durandal put her hand on the side of her face, Ray’s leg appeared and it hit her hand. Durandal is surprised at how hard Ray’s kick is, she then tried to grab Ray’s leg but he disappeared again.

Durandal sensed something from her side and blocked one of Ray’s swords, she was surprised but suddenly she put her hands in front of her gut, barely blocking Ray’s punch. She got thrown a bit but she landed without any difficulty, Ray grab his sword from the ground. The looked at each other once more.

Ray : “You really are strong, Durandal.”

Durandal have a bit of complicated expression, because she isn’t used to Ray calling her nickname, when he has been calling her name for the past 3 years. But, she calmed down and put an expressionless face.

Durandal : “You’ve become far stronger than before, I didn’t expected that.”

Ray : “I see, but I’m still not strong enough to defeat you.”

Durandal looked at Ray with a bit of sadness on her eyes.

Durandal : “Stop this Ray, you know how this will end right ?”

Ray : “Yes, I do. And that’s why I won’t stop, until they got out safely.”

Ray got on his stance again, Durandal looked at him but she got on her stance as well. This time, Durandal moved. She suddenly disappeared and appeared in front of Ray, he blocked her punch to his gut. But he got thrown back, he did a flip in the air and landed. But, before he can even catch his breath. Durandal suddenly appeared behind him, he blocked her punch but this time with both of his swords in front of him.

A shock wave came out from Durandal’s punch and Ray’s swords, Durandal was surprised but she got back her composure in less than a second. She punched again but with stronger force this time, Ray blocked it again with his swords.

Another shock wave appeared, but this time it was stronger and Ray feet got moved back a few centimeters. But that centimeters become steps when Durandal keep punching his swords, after Durandal send her 5th punch Ray swinged his swords while he turned his body around 360° and use the momentum to send a slash to Durandal.

She uses her lance to block his attack, once again a shock wave appeared from their weapons clashing with each other. Ray gritted his teeth and use his lightning power to further increase his attack power, Durandal noticed this and for the first time her expressionless face broke.

Ray suddenly disappeared and appeared not far from her, he stab one of his sword to the ground while kneeling. He looks tired because he uses to much power for this fight, but he calmed himself down and stood back up.

Durandal expression is now a sad one, she looks at Ray who is clearly tired. But, he still stand back up just to make sure his friends can get away in time. Ray looked at Durandal, and Durandal look at Ray. Both are staring at each other, when Ray is about to be in his fighting stance again. Suddenly, a voice was heard from his communicator, it was an emergency sound.

Ray quickly opened his communicator, not caring that Durandal is not far in front of him. He saw that the ship has somehow fell, he tried to contact one of his teammates. But, it failed. No one answered, he geitted his teeth in despair. But he calmed himself down, and looked at Durandal who has noticed what happened.

Durandal : “Go, Ray. Your team needs you.”

Ray is surprised by her words, but before he go.

Ray : “Thaank you... Bianca.”

Durandal smiled but Ray didn’t see that because he was already started running towards the last location of the ship.

Ray’s eyes turned green and he uses wind below his feet to fly, at first it didn’t worked. But, the more he try it, the more he can control it. Now, he was flying on the air but he can’t do that for long because it will be dangerous for him.

Not long after that, Ray arrived at a fallen ship. He looked inside and see no one, he looked around and not far from the ship, there’s Kiana. She’s unconscious, laying on the ground. Ray ran to her and tried to wake her up, she groans but her eyes opens.

Kiana : “R-ray...?”

Ray : “Kiana, what happened ?!”

Ray took a bottle of water from inside the ship and brought it to Kiana who is sitting in front of a tree, with her back on the tree. Kiana then explained to Ray that Bronya suddenly become different and make the ship fall, when they reached the ground, robots suddenly appeared around them, a lot of robots.

Bronya then grabbed Mei and Wendy, when Lei tried to save her, she got grabbed by one of the robots as well. Kiana sent a emergency to Ray and was trying to chase her, but one of the robots knocked her out. Kiana cried while explaining, Ray hugged her.

Ray : “It’s okay...”

Kiana : “B-but ! *Sob* I can’t even ! *Sob* Save one of them ! *Sob*”

Kiana continued to cry, Ray just pat her back while hugging her. Ray just keep saying “It’s okay, it’s not your fault,” but deep down, he was actually frustrated as well. Lei and Mei is gone, Bronya suddenly become an enemy, Wendy was captured too. After a while, Kiana calmed down but she thinks it was her fault that Mei, Lei, and Wendy was captured. Ray contacted Himeko to tell her what happened, Himeko ordered them to get back to St. Freya.

After they wait for a while, Hyperion appeared and Himeko was standing on the door. She sees Ray's expression and Kiana with her face down and her arms on her knees, she looked at them with worried face. Ray then ask if Kiana want him to carry her, she answered with a “Yes”.

Ray then carried Kiana on her back, and walked to Hyperion. When he got inside, Hyperion started to float and go to a certain direction. Himeko let them rest and said that they will have a meeting in a few hours, Ray nodded and broight Kiana to his room. He laid Kiana on the bed, and see that Kiana was already sleeping.

He smiled and caress her white hair, when he was done. Kiana suddenly grabbed Ray’s hand, while saying “Please... Don’t go,” Ray noticed that there were tears on Kiana’s cheek and just reply with “It’s okay... I won’t go.” He then sit on the edge of the bed and caress her hair again, Kiana was in a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author : Well then, this is the start of a new arc, the wakening of HOV arc if I’m not wrong

Narrator : Wow, it has been 19 chapters... What a long time...

Author : You know that I have been uploading for just 11 days right ? That’s not even long !

Narrator : Hey ! That’s long you know ?! Imagine this, you’re trying to... Uuh...

Author : Trying to what huh ? Heh, you don’t even know anything other than reading the script

Narrator : Huh ?! I know something too you know ?!

Author : And that is ?

Narrator : You have a imagination about Ray and Mei !

Author : *Starts sweating*

Narrator : About Ray and Kiana as well !

Author : H-hey, stop it...

Narrator : And then ****** and ***** about ******

Author : H-h-hey, how about I give you candy ?

Narrator : You think of me as a child ?!

Author : Damn it ! I’ll just do this then *Snaps finger*

Narrator : *Is fine*

Author : Wh-what ?! H-how ?!

Narrator : Ha ! You fool, you think I will always disappeared when you snap ?

Author : B-but how is this possible ?! W-wait, why am I... *Starts disappearing*

Narrator : Because of this ! *Shows hand in an after snap position*

Author : Wha-?! *Gone, reduced to atoms*

Narrator : Hehehe... HAahahah HAHAHAHA...

Narrator : Now... *Looks at readers*

Narrator : Anyway, thank you for reading this chapter and I’ll see you in the next chapter ! Bye bye !