Chapter 34

Another Universe, Ray’s POV

??? : “Ray !”

Ray : “?!”

I was startled, I realized that Mobius was in front of me, looking at me with a worried face.

Ray : “Uh, yes ?”

Mobius : “Finally you reply, we’ve been calling you but you didn’t asnwered us.”

Ray : “O-oh, sorry. I was just... Spacing out, yeah.”

I noticed that Kevin was tapping my shoulder, I looked at him and he has a smile on his face.

Kevin : “Well, at least you’re good now no ?”

I nodded.

Ray : “Yep, I’m fully awake now.”

Mobius : “Good, the bell already rang. Let’s get inside.”

I nodded as I stood up from the bench, we got inside and continued our school period.

(Timeskip)

Me and Mobius are now walking back from school, we parted with Kevin and Mei not too long ago.

Mobius : “Oh, did you remember Ray ?”

Ray : “Yeah ?”

Mobius : “The Festival is just a few weeks away now, right ?”

Ray : “Hmm, yeah. That means we’ve been in the school for quite some time now... Time really pass so fast.”

Mobius nodded at my response.

Mobius : “Speaking of Festival, did you remember that one time where the both of us gone to the Firework Festival ?”

Ray : “Oh ? You mean the one where you got lost ?”

I grinned, she became embarrassed.

Mobius : “Wha-?! Didn’t I already told you that I’m not with direction ?! And is that the only thing you remember ?!”

She pouted, I let out a chuckle.

Ray : “Well, yeah you did say so. But, after that I found you and we held hands so you won’t get lost.”

Mobius : “Y-yeah, we did that... *Mutter* It was nice though...”

Ray : “Hm ? You say something ?” Oh ? Really ?

Mobius : “N-no ! Nothing !”

She looked away, I just let out a smile.
We continue walking down the road, when we passby a park.

Mobius stopped and looked at it, I too stopped walking. I looked where she is looking and saw a girl crying, I also noticed a little boy was looking at her not far from her.

I walked up to the little boy, I tapped his shoulder.

Ray : “Hey, why don’t you go to her ?”

Boy : “I... I don’t know if that is the right thing to do...”

Ray : “But, you wanted to do that right ? To know why she’s crying ?”

The boy nodded, so I pat his head.

Ray : “Then, why don’t you try asking her ? Or, your intention isn’t that strong as you’re too afraid to ask ?”

Boy : “Wha-?! No !”

I smirked.

Ray : “Then prove it.”

The boy walked to the girl, and not long after that the girl seems to be happy as if nothing was wrong from the start.

Eh ? Am I seeing things or did that girl actually smiled when he arrived in front of her ?

Ray : “Uh, did she just smiled when he was in front of her ?”

Mobius : “You noticed ? It was all part of the girl’s plan all along, the boy was just walking on the palm of her hand.”

Ray : “Wow, what a frightening girl... Wait, don’t tell me you...”

I looked at Mobius with an exaggerated expression.

Mobius : “What ?! No ! I was a genuinely crying back then !”

Ray : “Yeah yeah, I know. I was just messing with you.”

Mobius : “Hmph !”

Ah, she pouted.

Ray : “Want to get some ice cream ? My treat.”

Mobius : “Y-you thought that I can be sued by i-ice cream ?”

Ray : “How about two then ?”

Mobius didn’t say anything and started walking, I followed her. We then bought ice cream from a nearby store, after that we continued walking home while eating ice cream.

(Timeskip)

I just arrived home after I accompanied Mobius back to her house, I opened the front door.

Ray : “I’m back.”

I noticed that my parents’s shoes aren’t there, so I assumed that they’re going out right now.

I walked straight to the kitchen and take a glass of water, I sat down and drank it.
I noticed a note was placed on the fridge, I took it and read it.

“Ray, we’ll be home late because your dad asked me on a date ! Moouu ~, I’m falling for him more and more ! There’s dinner in the fridge, and don’t forget to lock the door before you sleep ! We brought our key, so it’s okay !
-Mom”

Wow, what a lovely couple.

I thought as I opened the fridge and saw my dinner, I grabbed it and put it inside the microwave to heat it up.

I waited for a while until a “Ding !” was heard, signalling that it was completed warming it up.

I grabbed it and walked to the dining table, I put the plate on the table and sat down on the chair in front of it.

I started eating it, enjoying the delicious dinner mom has made. But, seriously though. How did she made it this delicious ? There’s even a lamb sauce approval there...

Wait, how did that get there...?

I shrug it off and continued eating, after I finished eating, I grabbed the plate and washed it.

I locked the front door and walked upstairs to my room, I opened the door and put down my bag.

I got out of my room and walked towards the bathroom, and then I took a bath.

After that, when I was about to lay down on my bed. I heard a noise from downstairs, it sounded like a door being forced open.

A burglar ? What should I do ? Is it okay for me to act ? *Sigh* If only I know...

Just as I finished my thought, my phone got turned on. A message just came, it was from an unknown number.

“Ray, it’s fine to do something. This won’t change the future, because the original you actually did something as well.”

Rosemary-san... I see, thank you for telling me.

I first called the police, and then tell them what happened. They said that they will arrive as soon as possible, they also said to stay in a safe place where the burglar won’t see you.

I finished the phone call and silent my phone, then I opened the door carefully, I can hear them walking around downstairs.

How many people... Focus my ears... 2 footsteps... 4 footsteps... Only 4 ? That means there’s 2 people then.

I didn’t forgot to lock my door as well, so they will thought that this home is empty.

I noticed that one of them was getting closer to the stairs, I realized there was a small space above the stairs so I hid there.

Just after I did that, a person appeared. I can see that his back is wide, that means this person a guy.

I quickly and silently walked behind him, he arrived in front of my parent’s room.

When he was about to open it, I quickly surround my arm around his neck. Choking him, and I didn’t forgot to use my other arm as a holder.

He was struggling, but it quickly went down a few seconds later. I put him down slowly and dragged him into the bathroom, I found a rope and tied him up.

??? : “Hey ! Did you find it upstairs ?!”

I can hear the other man shouting, his voice was getting closer so I quickly went behind the door.

??? : “Hey, why didn't yo-?! What the-“

I quickly chocked him, but this time the guy managed to struggle. But, after a while it went down.

He became unconscious as well, I tied him up as well. I got out of the bathroom, and I walked to the stairs when-

Ray : “?!”

??? : “Wha-?!”

I quickly ducked, barely dodging a slice from behind me, it seems like there was another person.

But, how did I not heard him ?! Unless... He hasn’t enetered the house !

??? : “How did you-“

I didn’t let him finish his words as I tried to send a kick to his face, but he dodged it.

??? : “You brat !”

He tried to slash at me but I quickly step back, dodging it. He fixed his hand on the knife, I quickly realized this person is used to using knife as a weapon based on his hand movement.

This is bad ! My body isn’t the same as before, I’m not strong as before ! But, my speed is faster than him. I need to quickly think of a plan !

I thought as I dodged his slashes, he seems surprised at my dodging skills so he increase his speed.

He threw the knife at me, I moved my head to the side quickly. He then tried to punch me in my gut, I used my arms to blocked it.

It was painful but I succeeded in blocking it, but I forgot one important thing. The stairs, I quickly realized that my feet was on the edge of the stairs.

Burglar : “Heh, let’s see if you can survive this.”

He punched me again, I blocked it but the impact made my body moved back. I fell down the stairs.

Ray : “AGH !”

I tried to stand but the burglar got on top of me, he tried to choke my neck. He was grinning, I tried to grab his hand but my strength is decreasing slowly.

I-i can’t b-breath ! A-ah...

The burglar laughed at me, he increased his strength again. I can feel that my consciousness is slowly fading away, I tried to use my leg to kick his back but I failed.

I-is t-this t-th-he e-en-nd...?

Burglar : “Hehehe... AHAHAHAH-“

*Bonk*

His laugh suddenly stopped as a sound was heard from behind him, his body is slowly falling to the side.

Ray : “AH !”

I lifted my body up and tried to breath normally again, it was quite hard but I managed to get my breathing back on track.

??? : “Hey, you okay now ?”

I looked up to see my neighbor, Araki-san. He was holding a shove, it seems like it’s still brand new as there is still plastic on it’s head part.

Ray : “Araki-san ? Why are you ?”

Araki : “Well, I just got home when suddenly I realized that your house door was open. It was strange considering this is already night, so I wanted to check if everything was fine. It seems like it was the right decision to came here huh ?”

Ray : “Ahaha... Yeah, thank you Araki-san.”

He give me a hand and I took it, I stand up.

Araki : “Well, have you called the police ?”

Ray : “Yeah, but it seems like they-“

Just when I was about to finish my answer to his question, a siren was heard from the outside.

A police then entered the house, he noticed us and the body on the floor.

Police : “Is that the burglar ?” *Points at the body*

Ray : “Yeah, and there are two others upstairs in the bathroom, tied up.”

Police : “Seriously ? Did you two fought them ?”

Araki : “No, I didn’t. I’m his neighbor, I just entered the house and saw that this kid, Ray, was being choked by this burglar.”

Ray : “Well, yeah I was the one who dealt with the other two upstairs.”

Police : “Is that so... Well, as long as there is no victim then it’s okay. Oh, and you’re Ray correct ?”

He points at me, I nodded.

Police : “Mind coming with me to the police station and be a witness ?”

Ray : “Okay, oh and can I call my parents first ?”

Police : “Sure.”

He walked upstairs, I called my parents to tell them what just happened. They were worried but I assured them, I told them that I will go to the police station as a witness.

The police then appeared, he was lifting two bodies tied up.

Araki : “Excuse me Mr. Police, sir.”

Police : “Yeah ?”

Araki : “Can I come as a witness too ?”

Police : “Well, if you don’t mind then sure.”

Araki : “Thank you, sir.”

The police nodded, Araki then lifted the burglar body and brought him outside. I didn’t forget to tell my parents that Araki-san is coming too, as a witness.

After the phone call ends, I walked outside. I noticed that the door lock was broken, I sighed and just got inside the police car.

(Timeskip)

I just got home from the police station, I opened the door and I suddenly got hugged.

Mom : “I was so worried !”

She was hugging me while crying, I hugged her back and patted her back.

Ray : “It’s okay, everything’s fine now... And I'm okay...

I noticed that Dad was standing behind her, I waved at him and he noticed it. He just shrug, then he hugged me as well.

We did a hug for almost a full minute, it was quite comforting to be honest. That is suddenly when the door opened again, revealing Mobius in her house clothes.

She noticed me and got on the hug as well, she cried while hugging me. Saying she was worried and other things, my Mom released the hug and let me hug Mobius.

I patted her back and her head, while saying “everything is fine now.” Over and over, she just didn’t let go of the hug for a full minute.

But, what happned after that shocked me. She let go of the hug and kis-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Narrator : Damn you Author ! Why did you give us a cliffhanger !

Author : Well, why not ?

Narrator : Tch, whatever

Author : Calm down my fellow Narrator

Narrator : *Sigh*... Okay... I’m calm now...

Author : Good, oh and if you’re wondering what the next chapter will be... It will be on Lei’s Arc again !

Narrator : You little !? *Starts running towards Author*

Author : LMAOO *Starts running*

Author 2 : And... They both are now playing tag... *Sigh* But anyway, thank you for reading and we’ll see you in the next chapter ! Bye bye !

Narrator (While chasing Author) : Come here you !

Author (While running away) : Haha, No !