Chapter 47

[Hyperion, Leila's POV]

Leila : Lei! Wake up! Dammit!

The moment Lei's eyes met Ray's gaze, her consciousness suddenly faded out. I quickly realized what was wrong and took over her body. Fortunately, mine and Lei's consciousness are different.

I forcefully closed my eyes, making sure to not look at Ray's gaze. Though, this would make the fight more difficult but as long as it was possible then it's fine.

Ray(?) : "I see, interesting... Two consciousnesses in one body, correct?"

Leila : "Kuh..."

Even hearing his words made my head hurt. Was the person in front of me really Ray? Even his energy felt quite different compared to his normal state.

Leila : "Who... Are... You...?"

It was hard to talk. My throat felt so much pain just to say those words. But in the end, I managed to ask him the question.

Ray(?) : "Oh? You even managed to talk? Even though you can feel this much energy difference, you could still fight through the pain and talk? Your endurance really is something..."

Leila : "Answer... My... Question...!"

Ray(?) : "I see, so you really are like what Ray said."

Leila : "What...?"

That confirmed that the person in front of me was not Ray. Even though his face was the same, his hair and eyes were not.

??? : "As a reward for your effort, let me tell you the answer for your question."

Leila : "...?"

??? : "My name is Naron, and I am a Herrscher."

Leila : "...?!"

The moment he said the word "Herrscher", the honkai energy around us started to increase by a lot.

Leila : "Kuh!"

I used my (Ray's) sword as a balancer by stabbing it to the floor. Even though I also have the power of a Herrscher, the Herrscher herself was currently being sealed and that resulted in making me less powerful.

Naron : "Hm? Why don't you use the Herrscher power inside you? Ah, I see... Very unfortunate..."

Leila : "Gah!"

The honkai energy increased once more, to the point I could barely stand and hold my consciousness. But, that's when something suddenly happened.

*BOOM!*

One of the Hyperion's cannons shot Naron directly. Because of that, the honkai energy lessened and I was able to get a breather.

Leila : "Hah! Hah... Hah... Hah..."

My breath was a mess, but I quickly calmed myself and breathed normally again. My eyes opened to see if some damage occurred to Naron who was just shot by one of the cannons.

Leila : "What?!"

Behind the smoke, there was a shadow of a person. I'm sure that was Naron, and that means the cannon did no damage to him.

(Are you serious?! That was a direct shot! Ugh, if so then what could possibly injure him...)

My eyes quickly closed itself as the smokes were starting to disappear, the only sense I could use right now are my other 5 senses.

Naron : "Well, that was quite surprising. I didn't expect to be shot at like that, though it did nothing and so it doesn't really change anything."

(Think! What can I do! Fight him head on? Not possible. All the other valkyries available in Hyperion are not strong enough to face this honkai energy head on, even Theresa whose an S rank valkyrie failed to do so. Or maybe she unintentionally met his gaze that made her unconscious as well? That sounds a lot more possible, the same could also be said to Himeko. But weirdly, why is Mei chained up there? Is it because she is a host of The Herrscher Of Thunder? If so, then why aren't I-Oh right, my Herrscher is sealed up right now... Ugh, what can I do... Ray...)