Chapter 1

(November 2020 *covid isn't a thing*)
Peyton POV:

I hear my phone vibrating on my end table and roll over to pick it up and see it's my friend Kate calling me. Kate plays on the softball team with me along with our friend Tori, short for Victoria, we all have been playing softball with each other since high school and have gotten extremely close because of it.

"Hello," I tiredly say.
"Hey, Peyton get up, me, you and Tori are going to get coffee!" Kate yells into the phone
"what time even is it?" I question
"8 o clock now get up," she then hangs up.

Ugh, i'm so tired I just wanna lay in bed all day. After about 5 minutes of laying in bed debating whether or not I should get up, I finally pull myself out of bed and get ready for the day. I'm a tomboy which means I don't like dressing girly, I like dressing more like a guy. So I end up deciding on wearing a black graphic tee, with black joggers and my court purple air jordan 1 highs with my hair down, I never really wear my hair up unless i'm playing softball or working out in another way.

After I get ready, I get a call from Kate saying that they are waiting outside for me so I start making my way outside my dorm. We all live in the same building but Kate and Tori room together and I live by myself. I don't really mind because I like having alone time every once and a while especially when your one of the best softball players in the country, it can get a bit overwhelming and stressful at some points and I just need some time to be alone and breathe.

I finally make it outside and are greeted by my friends. We start talking about what our plans are for the weekend since today is Saturday and have decided on maybe seeing the Uconn vs. Arkansas women's basketball game Sunday night. Both Kate and Tori know how much of a fan I am of the basketball team and especially Paige Bueckers. I have been a fan of Paige's since my junior year of high school and ever since I've wanted to meet her. Plus, we both share living our lives in the public eye and having every little thing we do posted about. So it would be cool to meet her and become friends and to be able to lean on each other when the press becomes too much.