Chapter 24

Peyton POV:

We made it to the mall. Paige is still wearing her boot but isn't using the crutches so we are taking it slow so she's not in pain. I don't mind though because I like spending time with her.

One thing I hate about being "famous" is that everyone is watching our every step. Which means we can't hold hands while we are walking through the mall because if someone takes a picture there will be an outbreak of press and rumors.

And it's not like i'm ashamed to be with Paige, I love being with Paige, I just which we would be able to act like a normal couple in public without people needing to speculate about our lives.

Even though we can't hold hands, we are still walking close to each other which I'm happy about. A few people have recognized Paige and I, so we've taken a few photos and autographs.

We ended up in the Nike store and are just looking at all the clothes.

"Do you wanna get matching hoodies?" Paige asks

"Wait seriously! Can we!" I say excitedly

"Yea, which one should we get though" Paige says laughing at my excitement

"How about this red one" I say pointing to the red nike sportswear fleece hoodie.

"That's perfect" Paige says as she grabs the hoodies in our sizes and make our way to the counter to pay.

The cashier rings up the hoodies and I take out my card to pay but Paige quickly hands her card to the cashier to use instead.

"Hey! I wanted to pay"

"It was my idea to go out and get the hoodies though"

"So what, you always pay"

"Not true, you got me stuff the other day remember"

"Yea but it wasn't a lot"

"So, the price doesn't matter"

After buying our hoodies we continued to walk around the mall. We went in a couple more stores and bought a few things such as new shoes. I got Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Fearless (the red and blue ones) and Paige got the University Blue ones (the light blue one).

I've noticed Paige and I are both sneaker heads which could be a problem if we start competing with each other because the shoes can get pretty expensive.

Once we leave the shoe store we end up in the food court.

"What do you want to eat"

"I mean I kinda want ice cream" I say seeing an ice cream store next to the Chipotle.

"Ice cream it is"

We get our ice cream and I manage to pay for it before Paige can get her card out this time and we make our way to a table and sit down.

"How's your foot feel" I say

"It's not too bad, it hurts a little, but it's definitely getting better"

"That's good, that means hopefully you won't miss more than one game then"

"Yea I know, sitting on the bench and watching them play is gonna be hard"

"Yea but that means you can look over at me more" I joke

"That's true" Paige says laughing

"Who do you guys even play next"

"Georgetown and then Xavier. They are both home too so you can go to them if you want"

"I thought Xavier was away"

"It was supposed to be but now for some reason it's home, I don't know why"

*Time skip to Georgetown game*

Kate, Tori and I are at the Georgetown game. The game starts in an hour so the teams are warming up. We got here early so we can get good seats in the student section right in the front and right now we are one of the only few people here.

Paige isn't playing this game because of her ankle but she's still dribbling a basketball around in her boot.

"Paige!" Tori screams out.

Paige looks over and starts walking over with a smile on her face.

"What's up" she says still holding the basketball

"Can we get a picture" Tori and Kate both say

I turn to them "are you guys actually serious" I ask

They look at my like I have eight heads. "Of course we are serious. It's not everyday you can talk to a basketball phenom" Tori says

"Oh my god" I say shaking my head "You guys have literally met before though"

"So what, that doesn't mean we can't ask for a photo"

Paige starts laughing and I look at over at her smiling "Can you believe this" I can ask her

"I mean it is pretty funny but I can take a photo with you guys if you want"

"Perfect! Here Peyton take the photo" Kate says as she hands me her phone as her and Tori and lean over the wall near Paige for the photo.

Paige smiles and does a peace sign while Tori and Kate just smile. I take the photo trying not to laugh at how ridiculous this is and hand the phone back to Kate.

"There you guys go crazy fans" I say

"Hey we are not crazy" they defend

"Whatever" I say as I walk over to Paige "Thank you for doing that for them"

"No problem, I love taking photos with my fans even if I have met them before" she says laughing

I shake my head and laugh too.

The game is going good. We are currently winning 53-45. In the beginning Uconn was having a hard time to adjust to playing without Paige but I think they figured it out now.

I've looked over at Paige a few times to see her already looking over at me. We share a quick smile before I look back at the game that way someone doesn't catch us staring at each other.

The game ends shortly after and Uconn won 72-54 and the student section was cheering as the team jogged past us into the locker room. Paige shortly behind walking in her boot as I hear everyone scream her name.

She looks up and starts waving at the fans to acknowledge them before heading into the locker room.