Chapter 4

Peyton POV:

I wake up and noticed that Paige followed me and DMed me! Oh my god!

"hey how are u doing" I respond.

She responds almost instantly which I was surprised.

"I'm good, how did u sleep?" she asks

Aw that was so sweet.

"I slept good thanks for asking, wish I could lay in bed all day tho haha"

"yea same, but I have a team breakfast then we have shoot around before the game, so it's a pretty busy day"

"well if it makes you feel better, I'll be at the game today"

"that makes me feel so much better you have no idea, I'll be looking for you in the student section"

"❤️ don't worry I'll be looking at you too"

"well I gotta go get ready for the breakfast but I'll see you at the game, stay after so I can talk to you"

"ok, I can't wait!"

And with that I turned off my phone and had the biggest smile on my face.

*Time skip to right before the game*

Paige POV:

It's right before the game and we are sitting on the bench waiting for them to announce the starters. I'm really nervous, I normally get nervous before every game but not to this level, I can feel my heart beating super fast. I look around the stadium and my eyes find Peyton sitting with the two friends she was with at Dunkin'. She hasn't looked at me yet because they are talking to each other, but I only look away when I hear them start announcing our lineup.

They have called all the starters out except for me and then I hear "and number 5 guard from Hopkins, Minnesota PAIGE BUECKERSSSS" and the crowd erupts into loud cheers as I make my way to the court high fiving my teammates. Once I high five all of them I look over at Peyton and see she's already looking at me, I smile at her so she knows I saw her and turn around to go into the team huddle.

"Together on 3. 1, 2, 3, Together!" we all say and break apart.

Nika walks up to me and says "go get 'em twin" and I softly laugh.

I walk onto the court and get into position and take a breath to calm down my nerves, and then the game starts.