Chapter 7

Paige POV:

I quickly change back into my hoodie and sweats after the game and run out of the locker room and see Peyton waiting for me with a smirk on her face.

"what?" I question her smirk.

"What's got you in such a rush Bueckers" she says as she slowly walks towards me.

"Oh I don't know, I'm taking this pretty girl out to dinner and I don't want to keep her waiting" I say as she is now standing right in front of me.

"Do I know this girl?"

"I don't know, you might, she's got brown hair, brown eyes, plays on the softball team, ran into her at Dunkin'"

"Hm sounds familiar" she says looking into my eyes

We are just looking into each other's eyes for what seems like forever and there's probably a couple inches of a gap at most between us and the tension is high.

"Probably don't wanna keep that girl waiting" Peyton says as she turns and starts walking towards the door.

I just shake my head laughing. I can't with this girl. I quickly jog up to her so we are next to each other again.

"What do you want to eat?" I ask her

"How about pasta?"

"Sounds good to me"

We made it to the Italian Restaurant and have gotten our food. On our way here we've just been talking and joking around with each other. I've had a great time so far and I've had the biggest smile on my face the entire time.

"So tell me about yourself Paige" she suddenly asks me as we start eating our food.

"So as you know I'm on the basketball team, I'm majoring in communications, my parents are divorced and I have 3 siblings, 2 live with my mom and the other lives with my dad. Their names are—"

"No stop" she says

"Stop what" I look at her confused

"I told you to tell me about yourself, everything you've told me already I could have found on google. I wanna know about you. The side the cameras don't see."

I've never heard anyone ask me that before. Normally when people ask me about myself I just tell them what everyone already knows and sees me as, the almighty Paige Bueckers that is leading the huskies to victory. But, I've never stopped to think that someone actually wants to know me or talk to me outside of that spotlight.

"Um my name is Paige Madison Bueckers. Not many people know my middle name so that's a fun fact for you" I say laughing "I like to be goofy, I'm known as the funny friend, most people think I like to go out but I'd rather stay inside and watch a movie under a blanket or something. I like making TikToks, I'd say I'm a pretty good dancer. When I'm not playing basketball I'm either doing school which is boring, watching Netflix, or hanging out with friends."