Chapter 70

Paige POV:

"I'm so tired" Peyton says as she intertwines our hands together and leans her head on my shoulder when she comes out of the locker room after the game and we start making our way back to Evina's car.

"I know, the girls wanted to go back to the dorm and watch a movie, but if you just wanna go to bed when we get back we can do that" I tell her kissing the top of her head

"No, it's fine we can watch the movie with them" she says

"are you sure?" I ask her

"Yea, I want to spend more time with everyone anyway because I feel like we only spend time with them when one of us has a game" she says

"Alright, but if you get more tired and wanna go to bed don't feel bad, you had a long couple of days" I say

"thanks" peyton replies as we get to the car

"PEYTON!" I hear someone scream and see Peyton's mom come running over

"you've got to be kidding me" peyton whispers under her breath as I move to peyton's other side, so i'm in between her and her mom to make sure she's okay.

"you played great today, you've gotten so much better since the last time I saw you play" her mom says standing a few feet away from us.

"maybe because the last time you saw me play was 2 years ago" peyton says annoyed, which I don't blame her

"I'm trying to repair our relationship here Peyton but I can't do that if all you do is give me attitude" her mom says annoyed now too

"You wouldn't even have to repair our relationship to begin with if you never left me!" Peyton yells

"Oh come on Peyton, that's not true" her mom says as I hold her hand tighter so she knows I'm here if she needs anything

"Oh really, because you seem to keep forgetting you are the cause our relationship is nonexistent. You're the one that kicked me out, you're the one who stopped talking to me, and you're the one who wanted nothing to do with me until yesterday!" she yells at her mom again. As her mom just looks at her in shock that she just said that to her.

"So I'm sorry, that I want nothing to do with you now, but honestly I'm living great without you. So just do us both a favor and go home" Peyton adds as she turns around, let's go of my hand and gets in Evina's car.

I follow her and close the door fast and lock it in case her mom comes running over.

"You guys okay?" Evina says looking at us in the back seat as Peyton holds my hand again and rests her head on my shoulder.

"Yea, let's just go back to the dorm" I say

We made it back my dorm and I asked Peyton if she still wanted to hang out with everyone and she said yes, so we are currently listening to Nika sing karaoke horribly.

Peyton is definitely in a better mood than she was earlier and I'm happy about that because I hate to see her upset.

Nika is singing 'Let it Go' from Frozen when Peyton gets up from sitting next to me on the couch and walks over to Nika.

"You're doing it wrong, you need to add more emotion" Peyton says with a huge smile on her face picking up another microphone and waiting to join Nika in the song as the rest of us are watching the two of them trying not to laugh.

"It's funny how some distance, makes everything seem small, and the fear that once controlled me can't get to me at allllll!" they both sing extra dramatic

"It's time to see what I can do, to test the limits and break through, no rights no wrongs, no rules for MEEEEE, I'M FREEE, LET IT GOOOO, LET IT GOOOO, I AM ONE WITH THE WIND AND SKYYYYY, LET IT GO, LET IT GOO, YOU'LL NEVER SEE ME CRYYY, HERE I STAAAANDD, AND HERE I STAY, LET THE STORM RAGE ONNNNNNN" They both scream which makes me, Evina, Christyn, Aubrey, and Aaliyah all start laughing hysterically.

"My power flurries though the air into the grounddd, my soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all arounddd, and one thought crystallizes like and icy blasttttt, I'M NEVER GOING BACK. THE PAST IS IN THE PASTTTTTT, LET IT GOOOO, LET IT GOO, AND I'LL RISE LIKE THE BREAK OF DAWNNNN, LET IT GOO, LET IT GOOO, THAT PERFECT GIRL IS GONEEE, HERE I STAND IN THE LIGHT OF DAYYYYY, LET THE STORM RAGE ONNNNNNN, the cold never bothered me anyway." they finish dramatically still making all of us laugh.

"We should go pro" Peyton says turning to Nika with a big smile on her face

"Oh my gosh we totally should!" Nika says excitedly making peyton laugh

"I think you guys being pro singers should be for another lifetime, not this one" Evina says making all of us laugh