Chapter 10

Paige POV:

"I didn't realize she lived in this building" Nika said as I started knocking on Peyton's dorm room.

"Yea I didn't know till last night" I say as Peyton opens the door with a smile on her face.

"Hey" she says softly with a smile.

"Hey, you guys ready to go?" I ask looking past her to her friends behind her.

"Ready than ever" they respond walking past Peyton and start walking down the hall with Nika and Christyn.

"Come on" I tell Peyton offering my hand to her. She takes it with a smile on her face and we start walking.

Her hand feels like it just fits together with mine, like a puzzle piece and I never want to let go.

We walk hand in hand into the women's basketball practice building and only let go of each other's hands when we sit down at the table together.

Peyton is sitting on my right with Christyn on my left, Nika across from me and Peyton's friends Kate and Tori next to Nika, then the rest of the team is at the other end of the table.

I decide on getting French Toast and Peyton gets chocolate chip pancakes. As we are eating everyone starts getting into conversations with the people around them.

"Wait Nika, when you accidentally threw the ball to the ref yesterday thinking it was your teammate I couldn't stop laughing" Peyton said laughing "and you just looked around hoping no one noticed, it was great"

"Well we were wearing grey and he was wearing grey and I just got confused. Paige tell her to be nice to me" Nika said fake complaining

"I mean she is right, it was pretty funny" I agreed starting to laugh as well.

Once we finished eating I noticed Nika, Tori, and Kate were getting along pretty well. I don't know what they were talking about but they kept looking at me and Peyton every few minutes.

"So what are your plans for the rest of the day" Peyton asks turning to me

"Well we have practice after this breakfast and then maybe I thought we could have a movie night with a couple of my friends and your friends"

"I like the sound of that" Peyton says with a smile

We are starting to clean up the breakfast and getting ready for practice which means I have to say bye to Peyton for now.

"I'll see you later okay" I say as a I hug Peyton goodbye

"Ok, I'll be waiting" she says with a smile as she hugs me back.

"Speaking of can I have your number so I can text you when I get back to my dorm"

"Wow is The Paige Bueckers asking for my number?"

"I mean if you don't want it that's okay to-"

"No, no, it's okay, give me your phone"

I handed her my phone while she typed in her number. When she handed it back to me I looked at the contact name she put for herself and saw it was "Peyton ❤️" but before I could say anything she was already out the door.