Chapter 83

Paige POV:

I'm currently in the locker room before our Final Four game verse Arizona changing into my uniform.

I put on my jersey when all the sudden Evina says "Woah P, what's on your stomach?"

I'm instantly mad at myself that I forgot about the hickey's and that she just saw them and got the attention of everyone else in the locker room. But I try to play it off like I don't know and say "What do you mean?"

However that doesn't do anything once Nika runs over to me and lifts my jersey revealing them to everyone. But I quickly grab her hand and she lets go.

"Jeez P, get it I guess" Aaliyah says

"Shut up" I say trying not to smile as I sit down on the chair in front of my locker

"Wait is that why you didn't wanna go swimming?" Nika asks

But I ignore her and act like I didn't hear here.

"It so is" she says playfully hitting my shoulder

"Well duh, I bet you wouldn't wanna be seen in public in a bathing suit full of hickey's. I don't need that in the press" I say

"That's a good point" Evina says

"Ok but how was it?" Nika asks

"I'm not talking about my sex life with you" I say laughing

"Oh come on, why not" Nika complains

"Because that's private information" I say

Christyn notices that I don't wanna talk about this anymore so she says "P you wanna go fill my water with me?"

"Yea sure, I gotta fill mine too" I say standing up and grabbing my water bottle and following her in the hallway to the water fountain

As she's filling her water bottle she says "It had to be good if she gave you that many hickey's" she says chuckling

"Oh come on, not you too" I say laughing

Peyton POV:

The game verse Arizona has been very stressful so far. Even more stressful than the last game verse Baylor because we have been losing the whole time.

It's currently 48-41 Arizona with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter and Arizona has the ball. The Arizona player charges the basket for the shot and Paige comes over to block and falls to the floor holding her stomach in pain.

I immediately stand up and watch as Evina, Christyn, Nika, and Aaliyah rush to her side. She rolls onto her back still holding her stomach/ribs obviously in pain as the whole arena is silent.

I can see Nika and her talking before her and Evina help Paige up and she tries to walk it off. I hear Geno get her attention and ask "Hey, what's wrong?" But Paige turns away and holds her stomach again before making eye contact with me as the Arizona player shoots her free throws.

I can see in her eyes that she's hurt but that she isn't going out with a fight.

"This isn't good" Christyns girlfriend says next to me

"No we're okay" I say

"What do you mean?" She asks confused

"That just made Paige madder. And we all know when we are losing and Paige is mad that she makes shot after shot. So arizona isn't about to know what hit them"

"Let's hope your right"

"Oh I am" I say confidently

And I was right. The Arizona player only made one of her free throws and after that Paige was a ball magnet. Whenever the ball got in her hands she shot the ball and it went in.

Her teammates started realizing that too and kept passing it to her, so she would score and get them back in the game. And she did. She led UConn to a comeback and they won 58-74.

After the game I met Paige in the hallway and she had a giant smile on her face, with also a bag of ice wrapped around her ribs.

"I'm so proud of you" I tell her giving her a side hug so I don't hurt her injured side.

"Thank you" she says kissing the top of my head

"How are you feeling?" I ask

"Like I got elbowed in the ribs" she jokes

"Well luckily it's nothing major because you got a big game coming up" I say to her which makes her smile

"Oh no Paige, how is Peyton supposed to kiss away the pain of your injury with the ice?" Nika teases as she walks by toward the bus

"They saw them?" I ask her talking about the hickey's

"Oh yea. You should've been there. It wasn't an uncomfortable conversation at all" Paige jokes

"No I think it was good I wasn't there, the bleachers would've missed my presence too much" I joke back as I walk with her towards the bus.

Authors Note:

So I'm assuming that since you wanted them to win the final four you guys want them to win the championship but just let me know so I make sure I write something you guys will enjoy!