Chapter 6

Peyton POV:

The game was amazing. Uconn won 64-48 and Paige played great she had 35 points, 6 assists, 2 blocks, and 4 rebounds. Everyone is slowly leaving the stadium while I stay in my seat.

"Do you want us to stay with you" Kate asks.

"No it's ok I'll meet up with you guys later" I reply

"Ok but you better tell us all about it" Tori yells as they walk away. I shake my head laughing at her and how loud she can be sometimes.

I look over at the court and see Paige smiling at me and I smile back. I notice she has a headset on meaning she is getting interviewed by the SNY announcers about the game.

"Hey you're Peyton right" I hear and turn my head from looking at Paige and look to see who said that and realized it was Nika.

"Yea I am, you played great today by the way" I say

"Thanks! I just came over to say you can come down on the court if you want. Paige mentioned she was gonna talk to you after the game, she's just finishing up an interview"

"Oh ok thanks" I respond as I slowly step over the chairs in front of me trying not to fall.

"You know she talks a lot about you even though you guys just met yesterday" I hear Nika say as we start walking on the court.

I turn to face her, "wait really?"

"Yea" she smiles "She couldn't stop smiling at the team breakfast and when I asked her what was up she couldn't stop talking about you. She even was super nervous before the game and she never gets nervous like that before a game and when I looked at where she was looking, she was looking at you, she wanted to impress you."

I probably have the biggest smile on my face. She was nervous because she wanted to impress me? Oh my god that's so cute!

We finally made it to Paige right when she finished the interview.

"I see you made it" she said

"I wouldn't miss it" I replied

She blushed a little. Nika had left to go get changed so we were alone making our way to the locker room.

"I hear I make you nervous" I said

She smiled slightly "Of course you do, have you seen yourself, I didn't wanna suck and then you think I'm terrible"

I laughed "that couldn't happen, I've seen you play before. If you sucked it would just mean you had an off night, but even then you would still be good."

"So you're telling me you've watched me multiple times?" she said with a smirk

"Oh shut up" I said laughing

"I mean I get it, I'm irresistible" she responded with a smile

"Oh, you are something" I mutter under my breath as we start walking to the locker room.

"I'm gonna go get changed really fast and then do you maybe wanna go get something to eat?" she offers.

"Yea I'd love to" I say with a smile.

"Ok, perfect I'll be fast" she responds walking into the locker room with a smile on her face.