Chapter 31

Paige POV:

It's after the game, we won 81-54 and we are on the bus on our way back to Connecticut. I don't know why we couldn't just get a hotel for the night because I'm exhausted and we won't be home until 12 AM now.

Luckily I have a window seat on the bus so I can prop my arm against it and rest my head on my hand. So I put on my headphones and listen to music on a low volume that way hopefully I can sleep.

After about a few minutes I fall asleep.

"Paige wake up, we're here" I hear Nika say as she shakes my arm

I tiredly open my eyes and stretch a little bit before standing up and walking out of the bus.

I check my phone and see a text from Peyton that says "when you get back come to my room for the night"

I then make my way to her room and knock on the door waiting for her to open it. Once she does I walk in and hug her burying my head in her neck because i'm so tired.

"do you have practice tomorrow" she asks quietly as we sway back and forth

"no" i mumble out

"ok, then let's head to bed"

"don't have to tell me twice" I say as I walk over to the bed and get under the covers, happy that I changed into a shirt and sweatpants after the game so I don't have to change for bed.

Peyton gets in bed right after me and I immediately cuddle into her and fall asleep.

I wake up feeling myself still cuddled into someone and when I open my eyes I see it's Peyton and she's already awake gently rubbing my arm.

"What time is it" I croak out

"11" Peyton says

"Wait, what, why did you let me sleep in so much"

"Because you were exhausted and needed to rest your body. Plus you don't have practice today so you could use a lazy day"

"I love you" I say grateful for how considerate Peyton is

"And I love you, now what do u wanna do today" she asks before kissing me.

"Can we go to the store, get matching pjs, put them on, make hot chocolate, and watch movies cuddling in bed all day" I say looking up at her with a smile

"You are so cute do you know that" she says as she pokes my nose

"What can I say I'm a softie"

"You're my softie though" she says hugging me.

I hug back and we just enjoy each other's embrace for a few minutes before Peyton says "If we wanna do what you just said we should probably get up"

"Yea let's go" I say laughing as Peyton stands up and holds out her hand for me to take.

We quickly get ready for the day in sweats since we are just going to the store to change into pjs anyway, and head out of Peyton's dorm.

We make it to target and go to the clothes aisle and look around the pajamas section for a while.

"What about these" Peyton asks as she points to soft plaid bottoms

"Those are perfect, they look so comfy" I say feeling how soft they are.

We both grab our size and put it in our cart, then grab a matching top, then head to the snack aisle.

"Alright so we need popcorn but what else" Peyton says

"Can we get chocolate" I say

"Yea what kind though there's so many" Peyton says laughing

"Umm" I say looking through the options "What about the Family Size Hershey Bar" I say picking it up"

"Sounds good to me, but let's get two, you only live once and we can have a junk food day today"

"Alright" I say laughing grabbing two chocolate bars "What next"

"Well we need hot chocolate mix and marshmallows so let's go find those" Peyton says

After getting everything we needed we check out and head back to Peyton's dorm and change into our matching pajamas.

"What movie" I ask

"Cars"

"Are you serious"

"Yea it was my favorite movie as a kid and we can watch all 3" Peyton says excitedly sitting down on the bed

"Ok, Cars it is" I say clicking Play on Disney+ and then laying down next to Peyton, putting a blanket over us.

We watched all the Cars movies and now we are cuddling with each other. My head is on her chest with my arm over her stomach and Peyton is holding me in her left arm.

"I like this" I say rubbing my finger over the fabric of her shirt on her stomach.

"Like what" she asks softly

"This. Just us. Not having any stress. Just being able to breathe for once without everyone watching our every move."

"I like it too. One because I don't like see you stressed and overwhelmed. Two because I like being able to spend time just the two of us. And three being each other's safe space where we can be ourselves with one another and not worry about cameras like you said"