Chapter 2

Peyton POV:

After walking over to the student center and heading to Dunkin' Donuts we finally get our coffee. I decide on getting a frozen coffee with a mocha swirl which is like a snow cone but coffee flavored so I think it's really good. After ordering our coffee we go walk over to the waiting side to wait for our coffee to be made. As we are walking to the waiting area Kate brings up the Uconn game.

"hey do you think they are gonna beat Arkansas tomorrow?"

"Obviously they are, they have Paige on their team and she's amazing, plus they have like five other five star recruits, Arkansas doesn't stand a chance" I reply turning my head to face Kate.

All the sudden I bump into somebody in front of me.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going" I say quickly

"It's no problem, and I like what you said about the game tomorrow" she replied smiling.

When I look up at the person I ran into I notice it was none other than THE Paige Bueckers. My mouth is open in shock after staring at her for what felt like 2 minutes and I quickly turn around to my friends and face them. She is so much prettier in person than she is in videos.

"Wait your name is Peyton right, you play softball here?" I hear her ask.

I turn around and say "Uh yea, that's...that's me" Oh my goodness I'm so nervous.

She giggles.

"Well it's nice to meet you Peyton, I'm Paige, I've heard a lot about you. Are you planning on going to the game tomorrow?"

"Um yea my friends and I were thinking about going"

"Oh nice, hopefully I will see you there then" she says with a smile as she turns to leave with a few other girls I didn't notice were some of her teammates Nika, Christyn, and Evina.

As she leaves I just stared at her walking out of the store looking as perfect as ever, I didn't even notice my coffee was sitting on the counter next to me slowly melting.