Chapter 46

Peyton POV:

It's the next day and I just woke up in Paige's bed. She's still asleep though. I'm currently scrolling on tiktok because I'm too lazy to get out of bed.

As I'm scrolling through tiktok I find a video that was posted last night of someone recording the end of the game when Paige walks over to me, her dad, and Drew and gives me a hug. It cuts to a bunch of short videos of her talking to her dad and me, picking up Drew and talking to him, and then finally when she hugs me again before leaving to go take pictures with fans. The video has the sound Dandelions by Ruth B.

It also has the caption "What do you think Paige and Peyton said to each other during their hug that made them both smile after? 👀"

I didn't realize how much I was smiling and how happy I looked when Paige and I hugged and said I love you when she walked away, until this video. But I love this video it's so cute.

I didn't notice how many times I kept rewatching the video until I hear Paige say "what are you watching" as she turns to face me in the bed.

"This cute tiktok someone made of us at the game yesterday, look" I say as I show her the video on my phone.

"Aw, that's so cute, are there anymore " she says as she cuddles closer to me

"I'm not sure let me look" I say typing our names into tiktok to see what pops up. It turns out there are a couple of tiktoks about Paige and I so we end up spending some time scrolling through all of them.

Once we scroll through a lot of them Paige asks "Do you have anything today?"

"Yea I have my softball media day in a few hours what about you"

"My dad and brother are leaving today so I'm gonna say bye to them in a little bit but then I have practice and film review"

"Can I come with you to say bye to your family" I ask as I run my fingers through her hair

"Yea we should probably get ready though because they will be here soon" Paige says as she gets up

"But i'm comfortable" I say laughing looking at her

"Come on, lazy" she says as she throws a pillow at me

"Hey, that's not very nice"

"You should get up then" she says smiling

"Help me up" I say extending my arm so she can pull me up

"Are you serious" she says laughing

"If I wasn't serious I wouldn't be asking" I say smiling as she gives in and helps pull me up

"See not that hard" I joke

"Oh shush, go get ready" Paige says as she walks into the bathroom.

I don't have any of my clothes in Paige's room, which now that I'm thinking about it, I should probably bring some since I'm here more than my own room.

I decide on just picking out some of Paige's clothes and wearing that. It's not like she will mind, right? I put on a pair of her sweats and one of her basketball hoodies and by then Paige is done in the bathroom so I can brush my teeth and everything

"Those clothes look very familiar" she says as she walks out of the bathroom

"Don't know what you are talking about, they are definitely mine" I say

"Oh yea? So you play basketball?" She says as she looks at my hoodie that says uconn basketball on it that only the players have.

"Duh, I'm the star of the team, what are you taking about? How do you not know who I am" I say laughing as I close the bathroom door as I hear her laughing behind the door.

"Thanks again for the tickets Mr. Bueckers" I say hugging him goodbye

"Of course, it was great to meet you, and I'm hoping I'll see you more in the future"

"I hope so" I say chuckling pulling out of the hug

"Pey!" I hear Drew say next to me, so I turn to him and pick him up.

"I'm gonna miss you little guy" I say as he wraps his arms around my neck and hugs me as I hug him back.

"I'm gonna miss you too. But 1v1 mini hoop basketball rematch next time I see you"

"Oh you know it dude, but I'll break your ankles this time"

"No, that's not gonna happen" he says laughing

"We'll see, I might become a pro basketball player the next time you see me" I say laughing as I put him down.

Paige then says goodbye to them and they leave shortly after. Leaving Paige and I alone in the dorm lobby.

"You're really good with Drew" Paige says as she pulls me into a hug

"Yea I love him like a little brother already even though I just met him" I say softly as we embrace each other for a little longer.