Chapter 23

Peyton POV:

It's currently 8 AM and Paige is still asleep but I'm gonna go to the store and surprise her with some of her favorite things since she's had a rough couple of days.

I quietly get out of bed and get ready and then leave a note on my pillow in case she wakes up that I had to grab something from my dorm, in case she wakes up before I'm back.

I decided on going to CVS and getting her some strawberries with nutella because I remember her telling me that it was one of the best food combos, I got her some chocolate, a card, and a husky stuffed animal I found in one of the aisles.

I make it back to her dorm around 9 and put the food away so it won't go bad and write in the card, then go back in her room and see that she's still sleeping so I quietly get back under the covers and hold her. She hasn't been getting a lot of sleep lately so I'm glad she's sleeping today.

After about 30 minutes she starts to stir awake. "Good morning sleepy head" I say "good morning" she mumbles.

"I got you some stuff" I tell her

"what?"

"I got you some treats since the last few days haven't been that good for you" I say as a i get up to go grab everything.

When I get back in the room she's sitting up and looking at the bag in my hand.

"Ok, so I got you some nutella and strawberries" I say as I pull it out of the bag "because I remember you saying you like them together, I got you a box of chocolate because who doesn't like chocolate" I say laughing "and I got you a card that you can either read now or later and a husky stuffed animal because I thought it was cute.

"You didn't have to do this for me" she says standing up to come hug me as I see her trying not to cry.

"But I wanted to" I reply hugging her back as she starts crying. "Hey don't cry"

"This means so much to me, thank you so much" she says calming down a little "Jeez I've been emotional lately" she says laughing a little bit as she pulls away from the hug.

"You're human, it's ok to be emotional and to be vulnerable, you don't always have to be perfect and happy. I love you no matter what." I say softly.

"I love you too"

Paige POV:

Peyton had to go to softball practice so I'm hanging out in my room until I need to get ready for my practice. Even though i'm injured I still have to go to the practices and watch that way if there's a new play or something we go over for the specific team we are playing I'm ready.

I noticed that the card Peyton got for me was resting on the end table and decided on reading it.

Hey Paige,

I hope you liked all your little gifts. I especially liked the Husky because I thought whenever you travel for away games you can bring it with you, that way a piece of me is always there with you.

I know this injury is just a minor setback but you're gonna come back better than ever and I'm going to be there watching every game I can. I'm gonna be your biggest supporter screaming every time you get a basket or draw a foul, and your not gonna be able to get rid of me haha.

These past few days made me realize how much we really need each other. Like I was so lonely without you, yea I had Kate and Tori but it wasn't the same and you getting swarmed by paparazzi and getting hurt, it just shows that we are each other's rocks, that will support and love each other through all the tough times.

I hope your ankle gets better soon because I can't wait to go cheer you on during your next game.

Love,
Peyton

Wow. I don't know what I did to deserve Peyton. so honestly didn't think I would find anybody with how busy my schedule is with basketball and school but somehow I did, and I'm not gonna take it for granted.

I want Peyton to know just how much so love and care for her also so I think I'm gonna take her out on a date today but I'm gonna need to ask Nika for help because I'm not good with coming up with ideas.

I'm currently walking into the practice court, the team is doing their warmups and stretches. I'm currently holding the box of chocolates Peyton got me in one hand and eating the chocolates in the other.

"What are you eating" Geno says

"Chocolate"

"You just randomly bring a box of chocolate to practice"

"Yea, i'm not just gonna sit here without a snack to eat" I joke

"Oh my god, you're something else" he says shaking his head as he walks away and CD walks over.

"Where did you get those" CD asks

"Peyton gave them to me this morning"

"Peyton? You're girlfriend?"

"Yea she surprised me this morning with them"

"You should see them together CD they are couple goals, I feel like I'm gonna get a cavity just watching them with how cute they are together" Nika says

"Oh speaking of Nika, I need your help planning a date" I say

"Hey less chitchatting and more running, go!" Geno says to Nika as he blows his whistle

"Ugh, I'll help you after practice P" Nika says as she starts running.

"Will you stop eating those chocolates" Geno says to me"

"No, you're just jealous your wife didn't give you anything" I say laughing

Nika and I just finished coming up with a nice simple date for Peyton and I but Peyton should be back any minute from practice so Nika is leaving.

"She's gonna love it Paige" Nika says giving me a hug and then leaving.

"I hope so" I say to myself

A few seconds later the door to my dorm opens and Peyton walks in.

"Why did Nika just give me the strangest smile in the hallway?" Peyton asks

I laugh softly. Of course Nika did that. "That's because I'm taking you on a date" I say as I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist.

"Oh yea? And what will be doing on this date" she replies wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"Well I thought we could go to the mall and go shopping and just hang out, just the two of us"

"I'd love that" she replies with a smile before leaving in and kissing me.