Chapter 28

Paige POV:

We got back home from the ice rink and decided to hang out in Peyton's room since we are mostly in mine. It's about 10 PM and we are cuddling on Peyton's bed watching Moana.

"Hey...so I may have a NIL deal I'll be announcing soon" I say turning my attention away from the movie and towards Peyton.

"Wait really! Are you allowed to say what it is"

"I can tell you but you have to promise not to tell anyone about it until I announce it in a few days"

"I promise" she says holding out her pinky for a pinky promise which I do the same.

"Ok so it's with Stockx"

"NO WAY, ARE YOU SERIOUS THAT'S AWESOME!" she yells before pulling me into a hug "I'm so proud of you"

"thank you" I say accepting the hug. We just hold each other for a little bit enjoying each other's embrace.

"You know that means I can get us fancy shoes for a discount right" I say

"Oh my god! We can have matching shoes" she says excitedly.

It's the next day and I wake up to my alarm ringing. I slowly reach over to the end table and turn it off and open my eyes.

I'm still in Peyton's room and she has her head on my chest with her arm over my stomach and I'm holding her.

"I don't want you to go" she says tiredly.

"I don't wanna go either but it will only be for a day, I'll be back tomorrow" I say softly kissing her shoulder

"That's not too bad" Peyton says as she picks up her head and leans in kissing me which I happily kiss back.

We both get up and get ready for the day. I make sure I have everything I need for the game tomorrow since we are leaving right after practice.

I make my way towards Peyton getting ready to say goodbye until tomorrow.

"I'm gonna miss you" I say hugging her

"I'm gonna miss you too, but you're gonna play great, I'll be watching"

I smile at her before I lean in to kiss her which she happily kisses back.

The kiss starts to heat up, our bodies are almost touching and my left hand is tangled in her hair while my right hand is on her waist.

Peyton's hands are gripping my jaw as we continue to kiss. I don't know how much time has passed until a loud knock comes on Peyton's door that startled us and we break apart.

"Paige let's go we are gonna be late" Nika says from behind the door.

"Give me a second" I respond.

"I'll see you tomorrow ok? I'll text you after practice when I'm on the bus" I tell Peyton

"Ok, I love you, be safe" she says before kissing me quickly again

"I love you too" I respond before walking out of her room.

"Jeez what took you so long dude" Nika says

"Nothing"

"Don't tell me you guys were hooking up" Nika says as she stops walking and looks at me

"What. No. We weren't. We were just saying goodbye"

"Yea right. A goodbye doesn't take 10 minutes"

"Wait it was that long?"

"So you were doing something!"

"No we weren't. Can you relax" I say as I start walking over to the basketball facility.

"Look who the last two to show up were" Liv says

"Oh shush, we're on time"

"We would've been early if Paige didn't take forever saying goodbye to Peyton" Nika says

"Your just jealous you're not dating someone"

"Am not"

"Are too"

"Can you guys stop fighting like 5 year olds so we can start stretching" Evina says.