Chapter 37

Peyton POV:

Today is one of Paige's and I's friends birthday. His name is Kaileb and he has a youtube channel. He actually lives in the same building as us, that's how we met. But for one of his videos he wants to have a shooting contest with Paige with a mini basketball hoop you put on doors.

So me, Paige, Nika, Aliyah, Liv, and Piath are all on our way down to his floor to watch this happen. When we get to the floor he already has the basketball hoop set up on the door in the hallway.

"Hey Paige it's good to see you, thanks for doing this" Kaileb says as he gives Paige a quick hug.

"No problem are you ready to lose" Paige says with a smirk

"Nah you're gonna be the one losing" Kaileb says as he walks over to me "Hey I'm Kaileb it's nice to meet you" he says pulling me in for a quick hug

"It's nice to meet you Kaileb, I'm Peyton" I say politely

"Hey you better watch out, she's taken" Nika says to Kaileb

"Oh yea aren't you two a thing" Kaileb says pointing to Paige and I.

"Yea we are. Just went public yesterday actually" Paige says

"Congrats, that's amazing, I'm happy for you guys" Kaileb says

"Thank you" Paige and I both say.

"Alright, are we ready for a competition" Kaileb says

"Oh yea" everyone says

"Ok, so this is how it's going to work. Paige and I are both gonna get 10 shots and whoever makes the most shots wins"

"Sounds easy enough" Paige says

"I'm going to intro my video and then we can get started" Kaileb says

"Alright so Paige is about to take this L" Kaileb says once he starts recording. "Who wants to hold it" he asks us pointing to the camera.

"I got it" Liv answers

"Alright, bet, bet" Kaileb says handing her the camera.

Once Liv gets the camera she turns it around and shows all of us cheering them on and then turns it back around to show Paige and Kaileb.

"Alright so we get 10 shots" Kaileb says bouncing the mini basketball "You ready to take this L" he looks at Paige

"Go" Paige says.

"I'm nervous" Kaileb says as he gets ready to shoot. When he shoots he makes it so right now it's 1/10 Kaileb and 0/10 for Paige since she hasn't shot yet.

"Ayeee" Nik, Aliyah, Piath, and Liv all say when Kaileb makes the shot.

Paige gets the ball and shoots it instantly and makes it without even trying.

"What" Aliyah says laughing.

"1-1" Paige says moving out of the way to give Kaileb room to shoot. He hits the rim and misses. Paige shoots after him and misses too so it's still tied.

They both shoot again and miss. So now it's Kaileb turn. As he's shooting Paige says "Miss" but it doesn't work because Kaileb made the shot.

"I'm a shooter, I'm a shooter" Kaileb says looking over at us before handing the ball to Paige.

Once Paige gets the ball she shoots it and makes it. Tying it at 2.

"Ah ok, ok" Kaileb says grabbing the ball

"She tied it up" Aliyah says

Kaileb shoots and it hits the back board and rim but bounces out. Paige shoots again and makes it, so it's 2/10 Kaileb and 3/10 Paige.

When Paige makes it she starts hitting her chest saying "Let's goo" and I just laugh at her.

Kaileb shakes his shoulders before he shoots.

"Ohh shoulders" Piath says

Kaileb shoots the ball and misses hitting the rim again while Paige makes it, making it 2/10 for Kaileb and 4/10 for her with 4 shots left.

"What the heck" Kaileb says picking up the ball and bouncing it but when he shoots he misses again.

"It's alright, it's alright" Liv says

"I'm gonna make this" Paige says as she goes to shoot and just throws it at the back board making all of us laugh.

"3 for 3" Kaileb says grabbing the ball and shaking his shoulders again as he makes the shot which makes it 3/10 Kaileb and 4/10 Paige.

"OHHHHH" everyone screams cheering for Kaileb.

"You're getting nervous right now aren't you" Kaileb says to Paige but she just looks at the camera and does a little dance.

"Ohhhhh" everyone says as I just laugh at her fooling around. When she shoots she misses and then everyone says "Aw".

"4-3, 4-3" Paige says

"You got 4, damn" Kaileb says bouncing the ball

"2 shots left, you gotta make both" Paige says behind him.

When Kaileb shoots though he doesn't make it. "You got 4, so I need to make this" he says referring to his next shot.

Right now Paige is up and when she shoots the ball it goes in and out. If Kaileb makes this shot he ties it giving Paige a chance to shoot but if he misses Paige wins.

"Yea I went first, this is my last one" Kaileb says to Nika

"Oh" Nika says as Kaileb bounces the ball again

"I get to go after this. But if you miss it's over, it don't matter" Paige says from the side

"That means if he makes it, it's a tie breaker" Piath says as Kaileb makes sure the hoop is on the door good enough.

"Yea so we are gonna do a tie breaker" Kaileb says getting ready to shoot shaking his shoulders again making everyone laugh.

"Everytime you do the shoulders you miss, why do you keep doing it" Piath asks

"It loosens me up" he says making us laugh again.

"Alright this is for you" Kaileb says pointing to Piath for making fun of him shaking his shoulders. He gets ready to shoot and when he does he makes it. Everyone starts going crazy.

"That's my guy" Piath says as Liv puts the camera in Paige's face

"Calm down, Calm down, I get another shot" Paige says catching the ball.

"Here we go Paige, here we go Paige" Nika says hyping her up.

The team starts saying "oooo" as they bend down to draw in the suspense of the shot.

"I'm nervous for no reason bro" Kaileb says

Paige looks over at me and blows me a kiss before she shoots the ball and makes it.

"OOOHHHHHH" everyone screams running over to go hug Paige as Kaileb walks away shocked she just won.

"That's game baby, yeaaaaa" she says happy she won as she walks over to me and hugs me.

"My good luck charm right here" she says to everyone pointing at me as Liv is still recording.