Chapter 5

Peyton POV:

"Dude did Paige just smile at you!" Tori screams over the talking student section.

"I- yea, I think she did" I reply smiling.

"Oh my god, you so like her!" Kate exclaims

A blush comes on my face "I don't know what you're talking about"

I do like Paige she's an amazing girl but I want to get to know her more. Plus we just met and I don't know how she feels about me.

"Dude it's obvious you like her, I'm surprised you haven't been texting her already" Tori responds

I just look away smiling. Hoping they see through me.

"NO WAY, YOU'VE BEEN TEXTING HER!!" Tori screams.

"Yea, she DMed me last night but I was already asleep so I responded when I woke up and we talked for a little bit" I said happily.

"Oh my god!" both Tori and Kate say excitedly.

"What did she say?" Kate asks

"She just asked how I slept and what her plans were for before the game and that she will be looking for me in the student section and to stay after so we can talk" I replied.

"DUDE!" Tori says. I just smile "She wants you to stay after the game? I ship it"

"Can you relax we just started talking today. No reason to freak out" I say.

"She literally said she will be looking for YOU in the crowd and for YOU to stay after the game. It is a big deal" Kate replies.

I softly laugh and look back at the court to see the game about to start. I look at Paige before the tip off and see her quickly look at me and breathe, then back at the ball that has just been thrown up. The tip off was tipped to her as she starts dribbling down the court and quickly passes it to Olivia who gets the layup and the crowd starts cheering loudly. As I look at her I notice she's really focused and that it seems like she's zoned out the crowd as she starts heading to defend.