Chapter 41

Peyton POV:

It's the day of the Georgetown game. Paige and the team got there late last night and the game is in the afternoon. Paige and I talked a little before but then she had to get ready for shoot around so we had to hang up.

Im currently on my to the movies with Kate and Tori. We are seeing the new Spiderman movie and by the time it's over and we get back to the dorm the uconn game should be about to start, so it's a good time killer.

"Hi, can I have a regular popcorn and a large soda please" I ask the lady behind the counter.

"Anything else for you today?" she asks handing me my popcorn and soda

"Just these sour patch watermelon" I add

"Ok, that will be $14.38" I insert my credit card and pay

"Would you like a receipt?"

"No thank you, have a good day" I say grabbing my stuff and walking over to the area to fill up my drink.

"Peyton hurry up we are gonna miss the start of the movie" Kate says impatient as I fill my drink

"Will you relax, movies never start on time"

"Yea but we are already 10 minutes late" Tori adds as we start heading into the theater. Once we find our seats and sit down I look at the screen a notice it's still the previews playing.

"Told you" I say pointing to the screen

"You got lucky" Kate says

"Yea right" I say laughing before reclining my chair and getting ready for the movie to start.

The movie just ended and we are walking back to our car.

"That was so good" Tori says

"I love MJ and Peter" I say

"Oh my god they were so cute!" Kate exclaims

We make it back to the dorm and head to Kate and Tori's room. I quickly turn on the TV to the channel of the game and see they are still showing the teams warming up so I decide to sit on the couch and watch while I wait for the game to start.

"How are things with you and Paige" Tori asks

"Yea I feel like we haven't talked a lot since the dinner" Kate adds

"Things are good we've both been busy with practice, meetings with NIL deals, and school so when we both have time to relax we spend it together" I say

"Aw that's so cute how you guys find time to hang out with your busy schedules" Kate says

"Peyton, those pictures of Paige in the StockX clothes were SO GOOD" Tori screams

"OH MY GOD I KNOW. She looked so good. I definitely screenshotted them and saved them to my camera roll" I say laughing

"No you didn't" Kate says

"Yea I did" I say taking out my phone and showing her the pictures

"You are crazy" Kate adds

"No, I just have a hot girlfriend" I say

"Yea you do!" Tori says high fiving me

The game has been a close one so far. It's 29-21 Uconn in the third quarter. Georgetown I feel is being extremely physical on Paige and keep trying to purposely foul her, which I don't like.

Right now Uconn has the ball. Nika passes it to Liv on the wing, who passes it back to Nika, then she passes it to Paige who gets double teamed, which opens Liv up, so she quickly passes it to her under the basket and she shoots it for the layup making it 31-21.

Back on defense now, Georgetown is bringing the ball up the court and they pass it to the girl Paige is guarding. When they pass it Paige tries to steal the ball but can't get there in time but the Georgetown girl drops her shoulder and pushes Paige making her fall.

"Dude is it me or are they trying to hurt her" Tori says

"I've noticed that too" I say continuing to look at the screen as Nika helps Paige up. Paige looks mad because she's noticed they are trying to hurt her too but then refocuses on the game and gets in position.

A few minutes later Uconn is on defense again and Georgetown is inbounding the ball. Paige is following her player trying to prevent them from inbounding the ball when the Georgetown player body checks her and she goes flying to the floor.

"Dude what is going on" I say standing up mad that they keep trying to hurt her

"This isn't fair" Kate says

"And look she's hurt now" I say watching Nika and Christyn helping her up.

"What, how can you tell" Tori says

"Look at her face, as soon as they helped her up and she put pressure on her foot she looked in pain"

"The same foot she hurt in Tennessee?" Kate asks

"Yea. Look she's limping now" I point out as she jogs over to the other side of the court.

"She looks mad" Tori says

"Yea I would be too if someone kept trying to hurt me the entire game and then did end up hurting me on a cheap call" Kate says

"Yea, that should've been a technical foul, the ball was no where near her, the player just pushed her for no reason" I say

"Why is she still in the game if she's hurt though" Tori says

"because look at the score it's 39-23, they need her in the game to win" I respond

The game ended, Uconn won 64-40. Paige had 19 points and 9 assists. The rest of the game Georgetown continues to play dirty even though it was clear Paige was limping. But luckily they don't have another game for a few days so she can rest.