Chapter 32

Paige POV:

It's the next day after Peyton and I cuddled and watched movies all day. I'm currently on my way to the basketball facility to talk to Geno before practice.

I knock on his door and wait for a response "Come in"

I go in and close the door and sit down in a chair in front of his desk.

"I wanted to talk to you about something" I say

"Ok, and what would that be" he responds

"Would it be possible to get a security guard behind the bench. I'm not talking about like the security that works at the arena, like a real security guard"

"Yea we can get one but why are you asking this all of the sudden"

"It's just, everyone knows who I am, and that comes with fans, and sometimes crazy ones. I just don't want something to happen while we are playing a game. I wanna be focused on the game"

"Well I can promise you we won't let anything happen to you, so I will get a security guard I trust the most and have worked with before to make sure you and everyone else are safe"

"Thank you" I say standing up and heading to the door

"Oh and Paige" Geno says and I turn around to face him "I'm happy you found Peyton, it's clear she makes you happy you guys are a good match"

"Thanks Coach" I say as I leave his office. He's right. Peyton does help me with my stress/anxiety.

I make my way down to the locker room and when I walk in only Evina, Nika, and Aubrey are here so far since practice starts in 20 minutes still.

"Woah look who's early today" Nika says

"I know right, it's weird" I say laughing

"Yea you're never this early" E says

"Well I had to talk to coach before practice so that's why"

"Oh, is everything okay" Aubrey asks

"Yea, I just talked to him about if we can get a security guard behind the bench because the last thing I need right now is a fan rushing the court to me"

I'm currently in my dorm after practice waiting for Peyton to get back from hitting practice when I get a text from Geno "If you can, come to the facility I want you to meet someone" I respond "be right over"

I text Peyton I had to go to the facility fast that way if she comes back to my dorm and doesn't see me there she knows where I am.

When I walk in the facility I see Geno and some tall muscular guy standing next to him.

"Paige this is Chase, the new security guard for behind the bench. He actually was my security for some time before I decided I didn't want a security guard anymore"

"It's nice to meet you" I say shaking his hand.

"It's nice to meet you too, I just want to let you know that I promise I won't let anything happen to you"

"Thank you, I appreciate it"

It's been a few days and Chase is like the teams older protective brother now. I like having him around it makes me feel safer.

I introduced Peyton to him and now they are a duo that likes to team up and tease me along with Nika.

We have a game vs South Carolina in an hour so we are currently warming up. Peyton, Kate and Tori are all here already.