Jay's Ending

It took a day- maybe a day and a half if you were being generous- until Jay barged into the pawn shop with panic in his eyes and completely out of breath. Ronin wasn't there, still salty about me calling off the heist and deciding to brood in whatever corner of Ninjago he'd deemed suitable and I was in the back of the shop, brooding myself and turning Skylor's orchid pin in my hands as I tried to comprehend whether or not it had all been real.

The first thing I heard was a loud bang, then the door slamming against the wall and hurried panting before I heard him call out my name. I rose from the ground where I was sitting, tentatively walking to the door and opening it, it's hinges creaking from the movement.

''Jay?'' I said and before I could even step out of the door frame, I was engulfed in a bonecrushing hug followed by sobbing next to my ear.

''You're alive! You're...alive, you're not dead oh God I thought I'd never see you again I'm so glad you're alive...'', he choked on his own salive and let me go, instead bending over and starting to cough until he regained his breath and stood up to full height.

''I'm so sorry, you probably don't even remember anything and are probably weirded out by me saying you're alive but-I...'' Jay ran a hand through his hair, eyes puffy and red from all the crying. ''I know this sounds crazy but you were dead! And I held you in my arms and there was so much blood and you were bleeding and cold and I saw the light leave your eyes it was so painful please never leave me again-''

''Jay'', I softly said to stop his rambling and put a hand on his shoulder. He wasn't wearing his Ninja Gi but instead a dark blue t-shirt with bolts of lightning printed on it in a lighter blue as well as brown cargo pants. I noted that his freckles extended all the way down to his forearms, a detail I had never seen before since he'd always been wearing something longsleeved. A strange thing to realize now of all times but for some reason it stood out to me.

Jay cut off and stared at me, ocean-blue eyes welling with tears and his bottom lip trembling.

''I remember.''

In an instant, his face dropped and I almost snorted at how comical it looked.

''Y-you do?''

''Yes, I remember everything.'' Probably even more than he did, but that part I left out.

''S-so you remember Nadakhan and his Pirates?''

''Yes.''

''A-and our talk at the lighthouse and a-all that?''