Skylor's Ending

''I...no.'' 

His smile faltered and his hopeful eyes turned into sad one.

''But where are you gonna go then?''

''I...'' With one sigh, I sat up again, legs still dangling over the edge. ''I've got my ways. It's just that... Kai's right. You guys are such a close group and I don't want to destroy that by forcing the others to accept me.''

''You're not forcing anyone, believe me.'' He sat down next to me, both of us watching as the last rays of sunshine slipped away and left a grey limbo behind.

''Still, it doesn't feel right. You guys took part in the Tournament of Elements to get an old teammate back, not find a new one.'' I got up, kicking a few rocks that lay around down.

''Thank you for everything you've done for me. And although the others might not view me as a friend, I'm happy at least you care about me.'' I turned to him, flashing one last smile as the cold wind picked up and made his hair slightly messy.

''We'll keep in touch, I promise. Oh, and...I can give you the hoody back later.'' I told him, referring to his old clothing I was still wearing.

''Keep it.'' He firmly said, a sad smile evident on his lips.

''See you soon.'' I ruffled through his hair before slipping into the shadows and disappearing from his view.

----------------------------------------------

In hindsight, this was a pretty bad idea. After leaving, I decided not to use my dragon for now since my power had been drained because of the fight. And now I was lost in a forest in the middle of the night with no light and nothing to contact someone with.

'Why did I even reject him?! Wouldn't it have been awesome to be part of the Ninja?! I mean, that's pretty much my childhood dream come true!'

''AAARGH I'M SO STUPID!'' I yelled through the dark woods, scaring a few birds and making them fly away from my loud voice.

''(Y/N)?''

''AAAH!'' I jumped in surprise, stumbling over the root of a tree and falling flat on my ass.

I looked up to see just who had the same stupid idea as me to get lost in this forest.

''Skylor?'' I said in surprise as I recognised her fire red hair under her orange hood and her brown eyes looking down at me. 

''What're you doing here?'' We both asked at the same time, waiting for a second before bursting out laughing. She helped me up and I dusted the dirt off my clothes.

''Okay, you go first.'' I said with a small chuckle.