Peak-a-Boo

The next thing I remembered was laying on a very soft pillow which, after my head cleared up a little, actually turned out to be a cloud. A little weirded out, I patted the ground only to observe that while it was soft, it was also very solid at the same time in a way I didn't know how to describe. My gaze lifted and landed on a golden gate which opened on it's own, revealing the buildings which seemed to be forming a small city as well as a blonde man walking towards us.

As each of us got up, the strange man approaching us spread out his arms in a welcoming gesture and said: ''Welcome to Cloud Kingdom! We're expecting you.'' We exchanged curious looks, trying to comprehend the situation we found ourselves in.

''Ha, how are we...?'' Jay asked, looking at the ground. ''Standing on a cloud?'' The man finished his question. ''Easy, in other realms, there are other rules. I'm Fenwick. I've been asked to show you around.'' He introduced himself with a deep bow which we returned.

Fenwick, as he'd told us was his name, had blonde hair, was a little taller than me but still short compared to the other Ninja. Immediatly, something about him made him seem trustworthy. Maybe it was the fact we were in what I'd imagined heaven looked like and he was the first one to approach us or maybe it was because he just seemed to emit this aura of calm and warmth that made me feel at ease.

''Nice to meet you, I'm-'' ''Kai, yes, we all know.'' Fenwick interrupted. ''You're quite popular with the other monks. Up here, we see everything that goes on in Ninjago.'' ''Then you know-'' ''You've travelled far for the Sword of Sanctuary.'' He cut in once again. ''A powerful weapon that can foresee your opponent's next attack. It's also the second clue to finding the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master.''

''Blimey! But how be you-'' ''Finishing your sentences? I know, it's rather annoying, but up here-'' ''Why're you doing it then if you know it's annoying?'' I interrupted him this time, getting a little fed up with his little spiel.

''Ah, you must be (Y/N)! We have heard a lot from you, yet we know so little.'' I crossed my arms. ''And what do you mean by that?'' ''Let's just say, up here, we know what's going to come next. And therefore we also know what already has come. However, you are still a little bit of a mystery to us.''

Although he talked in what I liked to call ''Crosswords-a.k.a. Wu's manner of speech'', something about that statement immediatly set off an alarm inside my head. If these people know everything that happens, they'd have to know why and how I was sent here!

''I-I-I...am?'' I stuttered, nervous to discuss the topic openly in front of my other team members. ''Yes, but now is not the time to discuss this. Morro is not far behind, follow me and I'll explain.'' Fenwick clearly avoided the topic which I was thankful for, for now at least. I'd definitely have to talk to him alone later and ask what he meant and what he knows and, judging from the curious glares I got from the others, I would have to make up a good excuse for them not to suspect anything.

---------------------------------

Fenwick led us through the Cloud Kingdom wordlessly, leaving us to admire the architecture and people we passed along the way. After a few minutes of walking we reached a large building which, upon entering, turned out to be a sort of writing hall where dozens of monks were seated on little tables, parchment and quill in hand. Their heads turned as the door opened and murmurs immediatly began to echo through their bunch, about the Ninja and myself.