Spellbound

The zepplin had been gaining height for about ten minutes now.

'It sure will be an experience to go skydiving without any safety of actually getting a parachute.' I thought to myself in a sarcastic undertone as I looked out of the window.

As soon as I had sat down, everyone had sat as far away from me as possible. So here I was, sitting in the corner and staring out the window while everyone talked happily among themselves. Suddenly, Neuro got up and said that he was afraid of heights and that he was going to Chen. He walked to the cockpit, but (of course) there was no one flying the damn zepplin. He gasped which made everyone get up and see what was going on. Except me. I couldn't care less about the video message since I already knew what he was going to say. Blah blah blah, capture Nya, the ground will open in about ten seconds and there aren't enough parachutes.

As soon as I finished my thoughts, the ground actually did open and I grabbed one of the parachutes that had just fallen out of the ceiling and put it on. Everyone else rushed to get one as well, the only one left being Garmadon. I thought I was prepared, but when I got sucked out of the zepplin I accidentally slipped out of my parachute.

'Oh fuck no, come back!'

I tried to fly towards it but all I did was flail about. The only way I went was down and I couldn't just move right or left. The first people were already opening their parachutes.

My eyes scanned the air but couldn't find any of them. I saw that someone had just opened up a parachute beneath me. I stretched out my arms gripped the fabric. Almost slipping, I managed to just grasp the edge of it. Of course, there was none other than Kai dangling there.

''Get off of me, you dirty spy!'' He shouted before tossing a fireball at me.

'That fucker...'

The sight of the incoming fire made me panic and I let go, continuing to fall once again. This time, I immediatly spotted another parachute.

I tried to lean myself towards it and, as I did so, saw Lloyd setting sight on it as well. We grabbed the parachute at the same time.

''You take the parachute and I take your hand? This is probably the only one left.'' I stated and he nodded before putting it on his back. I took his hand tightly and he pulled the line, activating the parachute. I was yanked upwards by the sudden resistance and it felt like my arm was about to snap out of it's socket.

''Hold on tight!'' Lloyd screamed against the loud wind and I nodded.

''It's not like I was thinking of not holding on tight!''

We were still rather high above the island, yet we were soaring down even faster than the others. Probably because there were two people holding onto a parachute that was meant for only one person. My jacket was being blown up by the strong wind which stung in my eyes and made them water. My hands were really sweaty which made them much more slippery.

Lloyd noticed as well that I was slowly slipping out of his grasp. He tried to grab me with his other hand but just as he was about to do so, I fell. My eyes widened as I looked into his eyes with horror. It was as if the whole scene played in slowmotion.

''Noooo!'' Lloyd screamed with his hand still extended as I fell with my back facing the island. It all suddenly sped up again and I was tossed around by the wind as I lost control over my movements.

'So this is how I die? But...I'm not ready to die yet.' I thought to myself as all I could do was look at the nearing island. 'I wish I had gotten to actually get to know the ninja better instead of being enemies with three quarters. I wish I could still talk with Ronin and just ignore his rude and stingy behaviour like I'd always done.'