The Invitation

How long had it been since the attack? I...couldn't remember. Everything's been a blur. My day consisted of pain, training and sleep. Maybe it's been two weeks? A month? All I knew was that the chillblains were still there and that my skin was taking awfully long to heal. But the tournament of elements was next, and I wasn't gonna miss out on it, that was for sure.

I stared blankly at the wall of my room.

Ronin had been gone ever since that day and I had no idea where he was. The flat just seemed way too empty and quiet without him and I was missing talking with another human as well. The gaping feeling of loneliness had never really left me since I realized he wouldn't come back.

The blanket I had bought was draped over my shoulders to keep me warm. With one look at the empty wallet in front of me, I already knew I'd have to go steal another one. This one I had stolen just before Project Arcturus started. It didn't have a lot of money in it, unfortunately for me. But since I had barely eaten anything since the attack, it was enough for me to last this long.

I shivered a little and pulled the blanket closer to my frail body.

'I really have to eat something, I'm way too weak for training today.'

My hands almost seemed skeletal and my clothes had become pretty loose over the past few weeks. One look at the shattered mirror told me that there were dark bags under my reddened eyes and that my hair was incredibly greasy. Contrary to my hair, my hands were so dry they started to chap. I sighed.

'Better get going.'

----------------------------------------------------------------

After washing my hair in a bowl of water with shampoo I had bought, I headed out.

It took about half an hour until I arrived at the inner city ring where there were busy crowds as usual. I just went along with the flow, keeping an eye out for any possible targets.

My hood was pulled up and covered a little bit of my face since it would probably look more suspicious than my hood. Both of my arms were wrapped in bandages which could be seen as well since the sleeves of my jacket only went past my ellbow.

One was obviously for my left arm that still had big portions of it's skin missing and the other one was just to cover up my chillblains since that would freak people out as well. There may be less than there used to be, but there were a few spots that had begun turning black.

To be honest, it freaked me out as well but there was no chance I would risk a trip to the hospital. I didn't know exactly how great Ninjago's health care system was and I really wasn't interested in receiving a 5k surprise medical bill. So, I just kept quiet and prayed that it wasn't as bad as it looked.

It took about ten minutes until I found someone who had put their wallet in their back pocket and seemed hurried enough to not watch their surroundings.

I walked closer to the guy, trying not to look suspicious. My hand slipped in his back pocket with ease and pulled out my wanted item and quickly put it in the inner pocket of my jacket. It all seemed to go well until I heard a gasp behind me and was hit in the back by a sturdy stick which turned out to be a walking cane.

''THIEF!'' Screamed an old lady with a grouchy voice and wanted to hit me again but I slipped away into the crowd, keeping my head down.

Quickly, I tied my bandana behind my head so my face wouldn't be visible. The lady kept screaming and the other pedestrians simply looked at her or followed me with their gaze but nobody actually did something. Therefore, I thought it was all fine until I heard her yell,''Police! Finally! There's a thief, go catch them, you useless tax receivers!''