Endlessly Cold Within

Title from Hysteria by Muse

A/N: Heyyyy, how yall doing? When did 7 months go by? I hardly noticed. Anyway, hope you're not tooo mad at me but here's another chapter. Also, I've got finals these next few weeks so I might fuck around and disappear for a few more months after this update. But hopefully not lol I'll try my best not to. But in the meantime, feel free to like,,reach out to me if you wanna talk?? Idk, I've got my tumblr and insta written in my profile description, I think it could be pretty fun to talk

Oh and remember! I'm still taking writing Comissions if you're interested

Word Count: 10 800 (Couldn't believe it myself when I saw that number lmao)

--

''The internet is still in complete disarray after Tweetr User @_AuburnDragon_69 uploaded a video yesterday claiming their name to be (Y/N) as well as a former member of Ninjago's beloved Ninja Team. The video quickly went viral after Blue Ninja Jay Walker retweeted their post and other Ninja commented on it, confirming all their claims.''

The voice of the newswoman quietly echoed through the interior of Chen's Noodles, accompanied by sounds of talking from other customers and food cooking on the stove. I pulled the hood of my sweater further into my face. A certain redhead wiped her hands on the towel slung over her shoulder and put down a bag of food before leaning over the counter next to where I was sitting.

''Think this is the right way to do it?''

''If I didn't I wouldn't have done it. Thanks for the lunch, Skylor, I'll see ya around.''

I flashed her a quick smile and grabbed the bag of take-out sitting on the counter. Fried rice with egg for Ronin and Spring Rolls with a side of spicy noodles for me.

''One second'', Skylor kept me from walking out, ''before you disappear on me for another few weeks, take this.''

She slid a paper card towards me.

''Friend of mine who's an agent. Might be useful if you plan on playing in the big leagues of Ninjago celebrities.''

''Just what would I do without you, Sky?'' I smiled and took the card.

''Probably be rotting in some ditch'', she replied with a smirk and a wink.

'I know that was meant as a joke but my gut tells me that idea might not be too far off.'

''Well, gotta get the old man his lunch before he gets hangry. Thanks for the card.'' I said and left the building.

---

On the way home, I kept my hood up and my head down, trying to slip by any and all people. I wasn't sure if I was being overdramatic but better to be safe than sorry. My video seemed to have caused quite the stir.

Just as I was taking the longer but less crowded route through a dark alleyway, my phone rang. I fished it out of my pocket, trying my best not to accidentally let go of the takeout and picked up without checking who it was.

''Yeah?''

''Not that I'm trying to doubt you or anything but what exactly is your plan? The others have been on my back all day and I'm not sure how much longer I can avoid their questions.''

It was Jay. His hushed voice made me suspect he was hiding somewhere in order to make this phone call.

''Don't worry, I've got it all planned out'', a complete and utter lie.