Chapter 3: his angel

Amelia's POV

Oh gosh ! What have I gotten myself into. Here I am driving behind Lillian's car. I could've said I had plans or anything just anything but my mind chose to betray me. I just hope.this doesn't turn out really bad. Just stay positive you'll be okay.

I parked my car next to hers and we both made our way into the baby shop honestly Lillian was dragging me into the store. To say its was beautiful was an understatement this place was everything. Its was magnificent. I think I'm having baby fever.

"I also had baby fever after my mother took me here for the first time." She said. "And that's when I had my little munchkin , Gracialla." She said showing me a picture of a baby girl with dark brown hair and her blue eyes. "She's so beautiful." I said looking at her. "I guess the only feature here is her blue eyes that belong to you" I said and she nodded but before she could reply a sales lady came to us.

"Hello welcome to Baby's Best Day. I guess you're the expecting mother" she said looking at me . I looked at her wide eyed. "No no that's-" but before we could say anything she dragged both Lillian and I to a booth full of baby preparation sets and other stuff. "You'll find whatever you need here. From cradles , car sits , coatbed, walkers etc it's like their nurseries put together so you can choose which nursery you want and we'll have it delivered to your home and it'll be set up as well." She said before she turned to her heels and began walking away.

"Did she-" I said before Lillian burst out laughing. "Don't worry about it. Besides one day you're gonna be some else's mom" she said and began looking at the already set up nurseries. "Amy come look at this one." She called for me.

It was a blue nursery. "It's nice. But don't you think the he should have like unisex colours just to not make the whole gender thing obvious. Plus one colour is all over the place it wouldn't look exactky good." I said. "Yeah you're right but which one should we choose now." we split up and began looking at nurseries separately hoping to find the best of whatever this shop could offer.

"Lillian" I said as I looked at at white and grey nursery. "It's perfect " she whispered she was literally tearing up." I looked at her and smiled. "So this is it?" I asked and she smiled at me.

The nursery and closet

After about 3 more hours of shopping we then decided to have lunch before we both went our separate  ways

After about 3 more hours of shopping we then decided to have lunch before we both went our separate ways. I ordered a mixed vegetable salad while she just ordered a fruit salad.

We talked about random thing just anything that could come out of our mouth. After splitting the bill because none of us wanted the other one to pay up we exchanged phone numbers and she drove to her brother's place while I drove to mine. This was literally one of the best interactions I've heard with people ever since it happened. After all my therapist told me to try and open up to new people and stop living in the past.

The rest of the day was a breeze. I went with Duke to .the dog park for a couple of hours before we went back home and he went about his business. I devjded to freshen up before I started on dinner. All I had to do now was wait for Monday and its work from 9 to 5 every week day. Saturdays and Sundays are not exactly specified whether I'll be working from the office or I'll be working from Mr Knights home office. That just depends with the work load.

Leon's POV

"Leon you need to put Milan down too. If not he'll get used to being in someone's arms and that can be terribly difficult." Said my mom as she came with Milan's bottle. "I will put him down just give me a minute" I replied looking at him who was laying peacefully in my arms with eyes scamming the whole room.

"That's what you've been saying for the past Two hours" she said before handing me his bottle. "Okay then you might just as well feed him as its now his feeding time" she said and went back upstairs to monitor the guys working in the nursery. Lillian had gotten absolutely everything needed and she didn't leave out anything she said that was thanks to new her friend.

"Are you happy with this?" Asked my dad who was busy reading a magazine."Yeah I am dad. Why?" I asked. "And when the media asks how you suddenly have a son , what's gonna be your response?" He asked. I thought really hard about it.

"I think it's best we say that things between me and his mother didn't work out. The least I can do for Sheila is not tarnishing her after what she did" I said. Dad just nodded and told me to got put Milan down as he was now sleeping. I just smiled and went to put him in his tiny bed.

Time skip to Monday

Sadly I have to leave Milan today with his nanny , Catherine. She's 48 and a very polite and lovely woman.

Getting in to my car after hesitating for about an hour my driver takes me to my office.

Everyone stood up as I walked through the office and greeted me to.which I replied with a simple nod.

"Hie Leon" said Vanya she my most frequent hook up and also the Head of the Interior department of my company. She bit her lip scanned me as I walked past her. I smiled and nodded.

After i sat on my office chair my coffee was place of the table. "Good morning sir. I'm Amelia Thompson your new secretary" said a voice.

When I looked at the source of the voice my mouth literally ran dry. Those grey eyes , light pink lips, black hair and perfect body. Wow. This angel , where was she all my life.

"Sir?" She said again and I cleared my throat and nodded. "Nice to meet you Amelia. Tell me about today." I said she smiled and nodded.

"Well you have the files right here they need you signatures before they are sent to their respective departments" she said while putting about 5 files on my desk.

"And you've got meeting with Mr South about your on going project at 11 and then another meeting with the HODs at 2 then emails from the international investors that your need your responses as soon as possible." She said and looked up from her dairy.

"That's just about it" she said and I snapped out of my trace. Honestly her voice felt like pure gold flowing effortlessly. "Okay thank you" I said and she nodded before walking out of the office.

"Wow."