Chapter 7: the family and more

Leon's POV

"She looks perfect with him. I could've mistaken her to be Milans mother" whispered Lillian to me I just smiled and keep on looking at her.

After a while Amelia raised her head and made eye contact with me. I swear I could feel the whole world going blur ad I got lost in this grey eyes. "Leon" a voice said snapping out of my thoughts. Looking up I see Vanya standing at the door.

"Mrs Knight and Lillian how are you?" She said walking further into the room. She even had the guts of putting her hands on my shoulders and kissing my cheek. "We're alright but if we may ask who are you?" My mother asked her while sending daggers at me.

"Well , I'm Leon's girlfriend, right Leon?" Said Vanya looking at me pouting. She even leaned in so that I could see her fucking cleavage. If this was 3months back I swear I'd have enjoyed the sight but right now it looked way too disgusting. "Baby?" She said looking at me.

"Leon what is going on?" Asked Lillian with her brow arched. "Nothing at all she just , well she's " I tried to explain it but I couldn't not wanting my angel to hear that she was my hook up.

"Like I said I'm his girlfriend" said Vanya. " we just couldn't tell you earlier because Loen wanted it to remain private".

What the fuck is she saying? I never dated anyone. Especially not her.

I looked at my angel and she seemed lost while playing with Milan who was in her lap.

If only she knew how much effect she had on me with just a simple action.

Amelia's POV

When Vanya walked in I knew it couldn't be anything good. She walked in and carelessly threw herself at Mr Knight infront if his parents. The least she could've done was wait for them to leave but nop.

She even introduced herself as his girlfriend. Now what's bothering me is that why didn't Mr Knight reject her. He just sat the quietly like an obedient 5 year old.

Maybe they are dating but the question is , why do I not like the sound of that?

When Mr Knight raised his head to look at me. I concentrated on Milan who was playing with my bracelets.

I just zoned out while playing with Milan that I didn't see Mr Knight walking out with Vanya.

"Hey Amy" said Lillian " come sit with us" she said patting a space on the couch. Since I had already finished feeding the baby I nodded and stood up with his I'm my arms and went to sit with them.

After carefully placing Milan in his car seat I went and sat next to Lillian so that I was facing her mom.

"You look great by the way and I love how you've curled your hair " she said I smiled "thanks you look great yourself. You both look amazing " I said to the both of them.

"So tell me where are you from?" Asked Mrs Knight. "Well I grew up London actually" I said. "But no accent?" Asked Mrs Knight. "No , no accent" I said smiling.

"And who are you with here?" She asked. "I'm here by myself I was the only child in my family so I moved here alone." I replied.

"And your parents?" Just being asked about them bought so many bad memories. Even after more than 5 years whatever they did to me still haunts me. Their words , their actions and their hate everything eats me up everytime.

I then felt a giant hand on my cheek with its thumb wiping away something wet on my cheek. Just then I realised I must've been crying. Looking up I see Mr Knight's worried expression.

I gasp and quickly look away wiping my tears. "I'm so sorry " I said. "It's just my parents and I no longer share the best relationship" I said.

"Oh dear , I'm sorry I asked. I never intended on making you cry." said Mrs Knight "no don't worry about it. It's just that I still gave trouble getting over what happened." I said to them.

"Are you okay?" Asked Mr Knight looking straight into my eyes. I swear his eyes were so captivating that I was willing to get lost in them forever. I nodded.

"No Amelia , answer me with your words" he said."Yes, I'm fine" I managed to say. His voice held so much authority and concern at the same time. Something which I didn't know was even possible.

" you haven't had lunch and you even skipped breakfast. Right?" He asked.

How did he even know that?

"I heard Bryden complaining about it when he was removing the breakfast he'd ordered for you from your table" he answered.

And now he reads minds?

"Mom , Lillian I'm taking Amelia out for lunch" come again say what now. Who's taking who out for lunch ?

"You guys and Milan head back home safely. Text me when you get home" he said before picking up Milan and kissing his forehead and handing him over to Lillian.

He then turned to me and looked me in the eyes one more time before grabbing my hand and leading me out of the room.

Everyone in the lobby was looking at us shocked. He was still holding my hand and walking out of the office without any guards and without a professional agenda.

When we got to his car the driver opened the back door for him but he dismissed him. "Take the day off , I'll meet you and the rest at home" was all he said before taking the keys from him

He even proceeded to open my door and after I sat he closed it and went to his side.

"Which restaurant would you prefer " he asked while completely facing me. "I- I don't actually know this place so much so I don't have many options to choose from" I said.

"That's okay I'll take you to my favourite and tell me what you think of it" he said I just nodded and smiled.

"Okay then let's go." He said.

Soft music was playing in the car as I just look out of the window enjoying the scenery.

"By the way Amelia " he said bringing me out of my trance. "I'm sorry about what my mother did. She's just a bit inquisitive at times" he said. "Mr Knight I-" but he cut me off.

"Leon" I got confused. "What?" I asked. I looked at me for a moment before looking back at the road.

"Call me Leon" he said. "But that's-"

"It's not unprofessional when the boss decides it. Just call me Leon" he answered before I could even finish what I was saying.

"Okay then , like I was saying Leon it's alright. You didn't need to worry about anything. I wasn't very much disturbed by what your mother asked. Its natural for someone to be asked about their parents." I said. He nodded and smiled.

He took my hand which was rested on my lap into his and he surprised me by kissing the back of it. I gasped and he just smiled.

What the hell it going on? I thought to myself as my hand was trapped in his giant hand for the second time today.