Chapter 9: just my boss

Amelia's POV

I almost did what. Twice we almost , twice. I'm in shock. So Leon is attending to the door and that gave me enough time to get myself together.

"The delivery guy came with 3 boxes he's saying it's from  Hyde Thompson" he said and shocked washed over me causing me to drop  the wine glasses I was holding.

"Oh I'm  really sorry about this" I said bending to pick up the broken glasses also to hide my tears. Hyde Thompson,  why him and those boxes don't mean anything good. I just know so.

"Aaah" I screamed.

"Jesus  , Amelia " said Leon and he picked me up from the floor and placed me on the kitchen counter. "Let me see that." He said taking my hand into his.

"It's alright Leon. I'm okay" I said still lost in thoughts about the boxes.  "You're not okay. Hyde Thompson  made you cry and putting the pieces together he's one of your family members. You're not okay because  you just hurt yourself. So please Amelia don't ever say you're  okay when you're not , especially when you're   with me."  He said cupping my cheeks and kissing my forehead.

"Now where the first aid kit?" He asked me.

"In the bathroom  below the sink " I said he nodded and went  to the bathroom.

Leon's POV

I couldn't stand it. She literally broke down because of a name. Her fathers name or brother I don't know but still what happened ?

She then proceeded to hurt herself because of them. It took all of myself control to not call my private investigator  and  find whoever made her this way.

Taking a deep breathe I went back to the kitchen.  "Give me your hand" I said she looked at the cotton I was holding.

"It's okay it'll hurt a bit but I promise  you'll be okay at the end"  I said. For the first time I was sacred. I was so sacred of causing her pain even if it was for a good cause. I just couldn't. 

"Leon?" Said Amelia bringing me back to the world of the living. "Im sorry I just got distracted " I said. Holding her hand in mine I cleaned it while I avoided looking at her.

After putting on the bandage I kissed the back of her hand.

"You're okay now" I whispered to her.  "Now lets have dinner" I said helping her get off the kitchen counter.

Dinner was absolutely  amazing.  I at  least managed to get her distracted from those boxes but for how long.

I really wanted to stay over but I can't sleep without checking on Milan.  He's become my number one priority.

"You don't have to walk me to my car you know. I'll be able to drive safely if only I know you're home okay " I said. She just smiled and nodded.

I pulled her into a hug. One because she's my sanity,  two she  needs it , three because I love her. Yes I do love her.

I then kissed her forehead. "Good night Amelia." I said 

"Good night Leon" she said. After I'd gotten to the lift she closed her door.

Amelia's POV

Leon has really become something that I can't even describe myself. I find myself wanting to be with him all the time.

He makes my heart beat  a thousand times in a minute. I never imagined it to be like this but now that it is. I don't ever want it to stop.

Lost in thought my baby bumped into something. Looking at him I see him struggling with the three boxes piled up next to the guest bedroom.

I might as well look at them and not keep myself.  My heart didn't agree with my minds decision but I found myself pushing legs to those boxes.  My heart was literally beating ten times slower.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

Getting to the first  box I was about t rip off the tape but my phone rang ?

I went to it and saw that it was Leon's call.

"Hie , you've reached home ?"  I asked.

"Yeah I'm with  Milan right now but I called to restrict you from something" he said.

"Restrict ?"  I asked.

"I know I'm in no position   position to tell you to do this but please , please just don't open those boxes  just put them away " he said.  "Please Amelia"

I was silent for a while. I was looking at those boxes. But I could just open them and see whats inside and not jeep myself in suspense.

"Amelia don't think about it. Just  don't  do it" he said.

"Alright then , I won't do that" I said but now I needed to convince  myself that I really wouldn't open those boxes.

"Thank you Angel" he said and my heart literally skipped a beat.  "Good night" he said before ending the call.

Wait , that's what he almost called me at the restaurant. He almost called me Angel.

Oh my goodness,  what's going on ?

Please , I can't fall in love with him. It just can't happen. If I do keep on with this I might just.

But what if it ends up like last time ?

I can't go through that. The hurt and the pain so much pain of it. It can't work it won't. That's  being-

My legs failed me because of the rate of my breathing and everything that was surfing through my mind.

Duke came to me and got on to my lap. He licked my  hand trying to find  me some sort of comfort.

"It's alright Duke. It's alright" I said patting his head.

I only hope so. I hope its alright and nothing bad will happen.

Please God don't let whatever is happening happen. Turn everything around please.

I don't know if what I'm asking is good or bad. But what I know is I can't be falling in love with Leon.

No , he is not Leon he is my boss. He is Mr Knight not Leon.

Just one day with him has made ne go crazy. I don't think I know myself anymore.

He lights me up inside. He makes me feel safe and alive.

I held on to my hand and I felt the bandage he put on me earlier.

"No , no I don't need this." I said removing the bandage causing more blood to gush out of the wound again but I couldn't care less. " I don't deserve this.  This was meant for someone less complicated. Someone who can hold onto relationships. Someone with people who want them in their life. Not me" I said to myself.

"I'm a mess. I couldn't even get my parents to love me after what happened." I wipped  my tears and stood up.

"From tomorrow  onwards we're  back to square one. He is my boss. Nothing else. Just my boss"