Chapter 35 : relations

10 DAYS LATER

D               O                  V                     E

  Well my engagement  didn't go as planned. That's one. The media has been after us and Davis's family enquiring when we'll  redo the whole thing.

We'll truth be told. I don't even wanna do the thing. Well,  at  least that's what my heart been telling me. Its also the main reason I'm here.

I'm sitting in a coffee shop  in town waiting to meet up with Michael. That's what he said his name was.

The day of the engagement I'd passed out. Waking up I saw a gift box  placed on my  window. I wouldn't have noticed it really,  I'm just gonna reward luck this time.

In that gift box there was I necklace and a piece of paper.
***
Hie Dove.
It's Michael. We have alot to talk about.
Please if you're comfortable  with meeting us then meet us at the Love and Kisses Coffee Shop in town.
Please , just follow your gut on this one.

Call on the number on the card attached  to this one.
***

So here I am now  at the Love and Kisses Coffee shop waiting for Michael.

I had to ask Axel to drive me here because mom was furious with  everything that had happened on the day of the engagement that she's just bursting out on everyone.

At some point when I tried to talk  to her she raised her hand at me but Axel caught it before before it could make contact with my cheek.

I was petrified and scared at her sudden action.  I know she seemed off and everything else but I never expected this from her.

I didn't dare discuss this with dad because him too was being weird. I couldn't wrap my head around their sudden change in behaviour. They didn't seem like the same parents  I met the first days I woke up after the accident. These parents looked , I don't know violent.

And Axel , Axel has been nothing but protective as well as very supportive  which scares me too because I remember   he didn't exactly fancy being with me. He acted as if I was a responsibility  and nothing else.

"Dove" said a voice  that brought away from chain of endless thoughts.

There stood a guy wearing a casual yet  classy  outfit.

"Hie , I'm Michael" he said and smiled at me.  I just smiled at him trying my best to be polite and less scared. "Uh- can I seat?" He asked and I gasped.

"Im really sorry. Yes please sit." I told him. After he sat down I looked around before I called the waiter. "Hello , what would you two cute siblings like to have" said a lady probably in her late 40s.

"Uh- we aren't siblings Ma'am" I said politely. "Huh ?" She asked confused. "We're just friends" clarified Michael to the lady. The lady looked at us like she wasn't convinced  but she let the matter go.

"Okay , then. What would you 'friends' like to have ?" She asked after quoting the word friends with her fingers. "Black Coffee less sugar" we both said at the same time which shocked the both of us.

"Okay then , anything else?" She asked but we were both looking at each other daring the other to say something first.

"Blueberry muffins  please" we both said this time looking at each other weirdly. "Okay , coming right up" she said and walked out.

"That's  one of the most weirdest coincidences I've ever encountered." Said Michael  laughing lightly. I couldn't hold it in myself I joined in laughing along with him.

"Me too. I've never really had someone who  paired blueberry muffins  and black coffee along with me. It's really the first time this has ever happened" I told him.

After we both were saved our identical foods we dug in.

"So Dove , how are you?" He asked looking at me while I sipped my tea. "I don't know,  I'm good I guess." I told him. As told by mom  I couldn't tell anyone about my memory  loss.

"It's okay , I know everything?" He said as if he'd read my mind but I couldn't just give in easily. "You know everything?" I asked confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked him and he smiled. "You're like a transparent  glass." He said. "You can't even fake expressions properly. You  know what I'm talking about"  he with his grey eyes looking into  my grey eyes.

I just exhaled deeply. "I know but then I can't just discuss it. Mom has completely refrained me from saying about this out in public." I told him and he nodded while he got lost in thought.

"You know what , I might just have a place we can discuss this matter. That's of course if you're willing to come along" he said but I could see he really wanted me to come.

I laughed internally. "Talk about being transparent" I said to myself. I just nodded at him and he smiled and the look of relief flooded his face.

After he'd paid for our coffee and muffins we got into his car and drove a bit further out of town to this park.

After we sat on a picnic  table while facing each other  our conversation started.

"When did you have your accident  Dove ?" He asked. He looked so serious it almost scared me but my heart just told me  just to trust him and  be relaxed around him.

"On the 18th of April" I told him and he nodded. "That's what you were told right.?" He asked and I nodded before he just exhaled.  "It's okay" he said but I don't know who it was directed to.

"Dove , what else have they been telling you. Just tell me about a story perhaps." He suggested but I couldn't think of anything.

"Right your Nana and Papa. You could tell me about them." He said hopefully but I tried to remember  something and I remembered the conversation  I had with dad.

"Dad once told me that one time when were at Nana and papa's  place I'd gotten lost in woods  and it took him about 2hours to find me." I told him and realisation seemed to dawn upon him but he quickly shook it off.

"Okay , what did your mom say about them?" He asked but I shook my head. "She never mentioned anything about them. She usually  says their not in the picture but dad's stories always told me other wise" I told him and he just nodded.

"Hey Dove ,  when you're at home looking through the pictures don't  they feel familiar like you know them?"  He asked but I just shook my head.

"None of it seems familiar. The pictures don't , the stories don't , theydon't help." I told him. "Home just feels.... it feels" but I couldn't express  it. The word wasn't there.

"Home just feels strange. It feels like I'm not home. Everytime I feel  like I shouldn't be there. I feel like I'm-" but I was cut short by someone's voice behind me.

"You feel like a prisoner there. You feel like you don't belong. Everyone feels like a stranger to you. You feel like you're not safe. You try and convince  yourself you're home but your heart is telling you aren't home. Isn't it?" Said the voice.

Turning to the voice I was shocked.

What was he doing here?

"Axel"