Chapter 34 : sickening truth

L               E                O              N

"How could you even  think of doing that to someone. ARE YOU FREAKING CRAZY!"  I yelled  at Colleen  but she stood there like she was completely unaware of what was happening.

"Do you know how evil and crazy you are? You are nothing but a complete  psychopath. How could you kill your own baby and rob  another baby's  right to have their own family" but she quickly reacted  and placed a finger on her mouth.

"Keep it down will you , not everyone needs to know" she said looking annoyed while folding her hands across  her chest.

"Anyway now that you know , I guess we can  move on from you accusing for not being a good , caring , loving mother and all that bullshit" she said while rolling her eyes.

I just looked at her disgusted  and shocked. "How could you ? You freaking robbed another family of their daughter , their baby and you don't seem bothered at all. Why?" I asked.

This is the first time I've encountered  this. I never thought a mother would kill their own child and to make it worse replace the child with another that's not even theirs in a short span of time.

She's the worst psychopath  I've ever come across.

"Oh don't look too bothered about it. I didn't take everything from the family I got her from. The babies were twins so I just borrowed one." She said while looking at her nails in admiration.

"So basically the other twin had to fill in the void of the other twin you see. It was as easy as that. Also another fact , those two babies were fraternal anyway so it just adds to the list of why it doesn't and shouldn't matter" she said with absolute zero care.

"You know what" I said balling my hands into fists so that I wouldn't jump at her throat. "What son in law ?" She said with a smirk.

"You're the worst human being to ever step foot into this world and I really hope that it's only you  who is anything like this" I said.

She ruined Dove's life from the very beginning. To make it worse  she tortured her with absolutely  no regard that she'd done nothing wrong. I'm sure her scape code was always that she wasn't actually her daughter.

She huffed and shook her head. "It's not even the first time I've heard that , so I really am not bothered. Not.  One. Bit." She said looking at me straight in the eye.

I suddenly felt Michael's hand on my shoulder. "We need to go now" he said but I looked at him shocked  and confused.

"Michael , I cant-"  but he just shook his head. "Just trust me. Let's go" he said looking at me in the eye. After about a minute of our staring contest  I finally gave in and nodded.

I just looked at Colleen one more time before I walked past her but before I could get to the door she called me again.

I looked at her and she smiled. "Let's try to keep this conversation between us , okay boys. Not even Hyde knows about this. Let's keep it that way huh?" She said before she blew us a kiss.

"You babies travel well."  She said said got out of the room before us.

Dove just then began waking up from her sleep  and I was about to go to her but Michael held  me back "Let's go now."

I looked at her one more time before I walked out of the room.

Getting back to the Headquarters  where  we were currently staying at everyone was just dead silent.

I just went up straight into the room I was staying in for the time being and just collapsed   on the bed replaying everything.

I'm just shocked at how everything  just turned out.

Now one question still stood. Should I tell  Dove  about this ?

Even if I wanted to  tell her how the hell am I going going get into contact  with her again. 

The moment I closes my eyes,  I realised how tired I'd been. I hadn't been getting enough sleep  ever since Dove had gone missing.

M       I       C       H      A        E       L

Right now I'm sitting with Sofia in our room. She had her head on my shoulder while i caressed her hair.

"I really can't believe  , she'd do that to Dove. She literally ruined her entire life. " she said with a low tone.  She had to stay behind with Aunt Nicole  and Uncle George ( Leon's parents) while we went to execute  our plan.

Now I'm back home I was telling about everything that had happened and she was shell shocked.

"I know baby , I know" I said while kissing the   crown  of her head. "Mike" she said. She's the only that called me that.

"If Dove was with her actual family,  do you think she and Leon would've met ?" She asked and I nodded. "Of course baby they'd have met.  If they really were meant to be together then they'd  have met one way or the other " I told her.

She just nodded and we fell into a comfortable  with each one of us deep in our thoughts.

"I really don't want anything bad to happen to the babies Mike" she said in a worried tone.

"Hey , babe. I promise nothing will ever happen  to you or the babies. I'll protect you and the girls.  Don't stress about it  okay my love?" I asked now looking at her.

She smiled and nodded at me. "Okay" she whispered before I smiled and kissed her on the lips.

"Come it's late. Let me get my 3 girls to bed" I said and she chuckled. I helped her get up from the couch and made sure she'd  laid comfortably  in bed before I kissed her forehead and walked out.

I know Leon must be hurting in all sorts right now. He's always been  sensitive and right now he must be thinking about the what ifs.

What if Dove stayed with her family ?

What if she was the one Colleen threw out of the window in anger?

What if they'd never met?

What if this and that. Yeah , that's the Leon I've known growing up.

Getting to his room I knocked on his door but he didn't answer.

The door was unlocked so I got in , only to find my bestfriend collapsed on the bed. Even while sleeping you could see that something was troubling him. He wasn't at peace at all.

Dove and Milan are his peace and right now a part  of his peace  is missing so he won't look complete until  he finds that missing piece of his peace.

I walked out of the room but I met Lillian with a crying Milan. She was bouncing up and down  on her hip.

" Whats wrong  with Him?" I asked her while taking Milan from her. I laid him on my chest and began rubbing soothing circles on his back but he wouldn't stop.

"He really wants Dove. He's been saying mama for a while now. " Explained Lillian. "Mom and I are running out of ideas on how to sooth him" she said looking at her nephew worriedly.

"Hey , little man. What's wrong?" I asked while making him face me. Once he looked at me , he  made eye contact  with me and the moment he did ,he stopped crying.

"Now that's a first" I said while smiling at him but he didn't pry his eyes away from mine. "Yeah ,  he found a bit of peace since yours and Dove's eyes are the same"  said Lillian.

"Don't tell me you haven't noticed" she said and I just shook my head.