Chapter 38: things getting out of hand

M       I        C     H     A       E        L

"A fucking week. I don't have plans to cover up that week. I can't you need to understand. Yes , I know but this is more important"  he paces about while talking to  his guy incharge on the phone.

He pinches the bridge  of his nose and curses. "When do you expect me?" Just his facial expression  turned from tiredness  to anger and he smashed his phone across the wall.

"Hey!" Yelled Lillian who was typing  furiously on her computer.

But before Leon could say anything my own phone rang.

"Yes , talk to me" I said over the phone.

"What the fuck do you mean someone stole the blueprints  to the new office. When?" I asked getting confused.

"And you're telling me that now?" After a while I hung up but fought the urge to throw my phone across the wall.

I sat opposite  Lee and rested my face in my hands. "Why are things getting out of hand now." I mumbled to myself.

"Is everything okay boys?" Leon's mom asked us. "Nothing is okay mom" we both said at the same time. "Awww look at my boys." She said while stretching her arms out for a hug.

We both stood up and hugged her. She then proceeded to kiss both our foreheads and smiled. "Now tell me what's wrong?" She said while taking a sit facing the two of us who were now standing infront of her.

"They want me  back in New York. Sales have gone down by 5% and some external investors want to pull out unless I come and sort this mess out personally." Said Leon.

"Someone stole the blueprints of the new Airline offices we had just finished designing and now I'm need back too to come and recreate the design. " I told her.

"Shit" said Lee and mom looked at her scoldingly so she muttered a quick sorry and got back to her work.

"And how long are you two going back there?" She asked us.

"A week." We both answered.

"Well that's odd" she muttered but quickly composed herself. "Okay Leon , sales have gone down by 5% that's alright. There a diary in your father's office back at our house. The brown one with grayish pages. It's boring to look at you won't miss it." She said and everyone chuckled.

"Anyway that book contains  a specific  number it's  a  bank account for Knight Inc not everyone knows about it. If you're going to get your 5% back you need to invest or start a new project. So used that bank account I'm sure the last I checked there was about 50Billion in it"  she said and turned to me.

"You , young man. As for the stole blueprints. You don't have to start from scratch. Your mom hacked your computer ages ago so she had your blueprint softcopy.  Don't just go there and re manufacture the hardcopy be sure to change some slight but interesting details. Just in case" she said and looked at us.

"Wow , thanks mom" said Leon. "Yes , we really couldn't have done this without you." I said and something clicked.

"When did my mom hack my computer." I asked but she just chuckled and didn't answer.

"Now that our problems are solved we might be able to come back  on probably Friday. That's if everything goes according  to plan and then we take Dove and go back home " said Leon.

"Yeah everything  is just rig-" but I was cut short by Dad and Sofia's scream.

"What!" They both yelled causing us to get startled a bit.

Rushing to the source of their voice we found both of them with their mouths agape staring at the TV.

Following their line of sight we both received the most unwelcoming shock there can ever be.

BREAKING NEWS:  Mr Davis Akim and Ms Dove Thompson have set their wedding to a much earlier date. The two have decided that they can't wait anymore and have announce next week Friday to be their wedding date. Sources say that it was due to the-

But I quickly grabbed the remote and switched  of the TV.

"This has to be some sick joke. What happened to their plan of getting married in  2months ?." Said Lillian who was now pacing up and down.

I took my phone out of my pocket  and called him putting him on speaker.

Axel : trust me , I'm just as shocked as you are. They postponed it at my father's behest. He isn't telling me anything either.

Me: how's Dove. Is she okay?

After a long silence he finally exhaled deeply and talked.

Axel: she's not okay. The last time I saw her she had puffy eyes and she looked scared.

Me: what do you mean , puffy eyes.  The last time you saw her. You're not making any sense. Where is she now. What's going on Axel?

Everyone around me was just as worried.

Axel : they're not getting married here. Their getting married in Rio. Mom has already taken her to the airport along with Dad. Weirdly dad is saying that I'm not needed anymore. He's telling me to get to my family.  As for Dove. Things are falling apart something is really wrong.

Me:  we're  facing problems ourselves here. How come the wedding got postponed  dates and even we got  problems back in New York just like that.  Something doesn't add up.

Axel:  shit

Me: shit , what.

Axel : dad , today around the time when Dove and I got back home from the park he was talking to someone over the phone.  He was saying they need to be dealt with and  he needs them out of the way. He was saying that he needs to send them back and act fast before they get back.

He explained and everyone was just lost in thought.

"Do you think he knows?" Asked Lillian.

Axel : know what?

Lee : do you think he knows we've been meeting Dove. Do you think all that's been happening  at your offices was because  he knew you were meeting Dove so inorder to get you out of the way he created problems at both your offices ?

Axel:  it could be that what's happening  at your offices you guys.

Me: at  mine I've lost my blueprints which have to be present to the public soon. And at Leon's  he's sales have gone down by 5%.

Axel : guys it really was him. The shares,  you lost them because Vanya leaked your 1st class designs to him so he's selling them at a 50% lower price and your Blue Prints I think I can get them back for you.

Everyone looked shocked and relieved  somehow.

After ending the call with Axe we just stood there in silence.

"Silence ,huh. I've made  alot  of people silent really"