Chapter 36 : unexpected revelation

M       I      C       H         A         E           L

Dove and I were  both shocked at how similar our taste were. When we both ordered the same thing the lady's words rang again in my head.  She hadn't even  met us before but she already thought we were siblings at the first glance.

Even after correcting her she didn't seem convinced  by us. She thought probably there was a sibling fued going on between us and we decided to not be siblings for the time being.

Now back to the pending matter. There he was Axel standing  two tables  away from the one we were sitting.

I quickly got up but Axel raised his hands. "I come in peace Michael. I really dont mean any harm." He said  but I quickly remembered how he did the same thing to Leon.

He played victim so that he could get close enough to Dove and he almost killed her , twice.

"And how do you know you're telling the truth?" I asked him but he  just shook his head. "I know my past isn't pretty but I promise I mean absolutely  no harm at all" he said to me. I just looked at him blankly before he exhaled deeply and  put his hands into his Jean back pocket.

"Listen , I just want help" he said and that shocked me to the core. "You , you want to help?" I asked stepping up to him.

"Listen man , what they did to her wasn't human at all and i-" but I cut him short. "And what you did was the most human and lovable thing anyone out there would just randomly  do ?" I asked him.

He's eyes flashed a bit of hurt but it disappeared  as soon as it appeared. "It wasn't my choice. Please understand" he begged.

"Oh really,  then what really was your choice?" I asked him. "Can we seat. I've been driving around alot. I'll explain  everything to you " he said in a very pleading voice.

I looked at him carefully. He looked worn out. He just looked tired. My heart felt sorry for him but mind was sharper  , we weren't letting our guard down.

I just nodded and led him to where Dove was  sitting while looking at us confused. "Hey Princess" said Axel while he kissed the side of Dove's head and she just smiled and looked at him weirdly.

She looked at him the same way she looked at me. She looked at him like he was a  loving and caring brother who would always protect her no matter what.

Not that I'm jealous  but this is Axel we're talking about.

"So Axel , I think you owe me a very convincing  explanation" I said and he nodded.

"It's true that I was in jovial for abusing Dove when I was little. The  main reason I had gone to Jovi was  because of an attempt murder. They say I'd tried to kill her.  But I swear on  Hannah's life I never tried to kill her.

That day mom drugged me. I don't know how she did it exactly but I remember her  telling me that Amelia was going to hurt me if I didn't  hurt her first. She was holding a pair of scissors  and was actually charging towards me.

I was foolish enough to have believed her and I pushed Amelia on the ground  and her scissors fell out of her hands. I used that opportunity  to beat her up but mom kept  on insisting that I stab her with the knife I was holding.

I was about to actually stab her but grandpa came and knocked me out by hitting the back of my head with a shovel.

The next thing I remember  waking up in a hospital with a bandage wrapped around my head and   my right hand cuffed to the bed.

The police officers  came in  and told me that I was charged for an attempt murder. I was shocked. I didn't even remember  doing something like that.

Till when I was in Jovial. I went through therapy. Everyone in Jovi goes through therapy. There my therapist  Georgia helped me recall exactly what had happened.

I was shocked when I did recall but I didn't dare tell anyone except Georgia. I made her swear to never tell anyone about what had happened.

I was always on my best behaviour  so I got out on the basis of good behaviour. My parents weren't alerted about the same thanks to Georgia. She'd  lied to the authorities and told them I had to go under therapy so meeting family would probably disturb my healing and recovering processes.

Georgia took me in and gave me a place to stay while I tried to gather myself back up. I was living in regret of everything I'd ever done to Dove. All the pain and the torture I always made her go through. I couldn't even look myself in the mirror.

I made myself to belive I was a monster and I didn't deserve anyone's forgiveness. I only abused her all the time because mom had always told me how she wasn't my sister.

She would tell me how Dove was an outcast of the  family. She told me that Dove  replaced my sister. She told me that Dove was an abomination and she's the reason why everything never worked out.

That's why my anger was always directed to her even after she hadn't done anything.

So after I managed to pick up the last of me I started working as a mechanic in this other garage where I met Jesse , my  wife.

I was really a closed off person while Jesse was an open book. I tried to push her away many times but she never gave up on me. One day I broke down in front of her. I confessed everything to her but still she didn't leave.

She stayed and even asked me to marry her. I knew I needed to start afresh and I decided  to start my new life with her.  She was now my everything , I lived for her. Everything that I did was for her alone.

Then one day she told me she was expecting our baby. That's when Hannah got into the picture. I even opened up my own garage and everything was going well.

Everything was perfect until  one day Dad walked into my garage. He threatened to kill Jesse and Hannah if I didn't do anything  and everything  he told me to do.

Of course I couldn't risk my family so I  agreed.  That's when I entered back into Dove's  life  that day at the hospital. Dad was the one who'd been keeping tabs  on Dove. She never went out of Dad's sight even after she moved out.

He knew where she was. She was never free. He always had every little bit of information  on her as possible.

Up till now everything has been mom and dad. I know I've done my share which I'm more than sorry for. I wish I could turn back time  but I can't.

I'm really sorry. Me re-entering Dove's life again and acting like a psychopath  wasn't my intention. I was only trying to protect my wife and my baby girl.

He kept tabs on everything about them too. He has men watching them and I can't do anything but follow his orders.

When they erased Dove's memories  I couldn't take it no more.  And I knew you guys would find out where she was and I was hoping to meet you and tell about everything.

And now that I have I feel a bit lighter but then again. I'm really sorry for every trouble I've caused. I never meant to reenter  your life after I'd left all those years ago , Dove.

I was forced to. I'm really sorry."  He said looking at Dove's  tear stained face.

*************

Don't forget to vote and comment