Chapter 16: meeting the Knights part 1

Leon's  POV

Dove just looked at me shocked. "I know it's all to sudden and we haven't known each other for more than 5months but I'm sure of this. You don't have to say anything now but I just thought you should know from my side." I told her and she looked relieved.

"Come let me take you to your  room" I said. Her room was opposite mine. I wanted her to be a close to me a possible. I couldn't  and I didn't  want to risk  anything.

"I really  hope you'll be comfortable  in here" I said. "If not then you can change absolutely  anything and if-" but Dove cut me off by putting  her finger on my lips.

"Everything  in this room is perfect. Thank you" she said and walked further into the room.  "I know you might not feel comfortable  doing this but mom told me to give you these. She said it helps you sleep." I said putting the pills on her night stand.

I walked up to her and kissed her forehead which by now has become one of my top 5 favourite thing. "Goodnight  Dove." I said. I turned to leave but she held me back.

Standing on her tip toes she kissed my cheek and smiled. "Good night Leon" she said and I smiled back before walking away.

Dove's POV (Amelia)

He  loves me. Now I know its not one sided. But I cant bring myself to tell him especially not in these conditions.

Getting into bed after changing into an oversized t-shirt I found  in the closet my thoughts drifted  to an angel I met today.

Milan , he's a baby replica of Leon in every way possible. He's the cutest baby I've ever seen. He's blue eyes , charming smile and black slightly curly hair. I smiled at the thought of him. Now there's  only one question , where's  Milan's  mother?

I took the pills that Leon's mother had given me. And she was right I slept like a baby through  out the  entire night.

Waking up the next morning I felt better. Looking at the time it was already 9.

Shit , I'm so going to be late for work. Getting into the  shower , I washed my hair and showered as fast as I possibly  could. Getting out with a white robe on me I rushed into the closet and that's when it hit me.

I'm not at home.

Looking around I saw that it was definetly  not my apartment.

"Oh you're at Leon's House. Dove don't forget that" I said  and exhaled deeply.

Just then there was a knock at my door. After fixing my robe properly  I went and opened the door.

"Good morning dear. Did you sleep well?" Asked  Mrs Knight. "I slept well ma'am,  how are you today?" I asked as I opened the door wider so that she could get in.

"I'm alright sweetheart" she said. "I brought you some clothes. I looked at the clothes is was a  grey jogger  and  oversized crop jacket. "Don't you like this?" She asked full on confusion.

"No this is really lovely Ma'am but I can't really wear this to the office." I said. The clothes were really  high fashionable but I couldn't wear that to work.

"Office , nonsense. You're staying  home today. Leon said he'd  pick you up around lunch time and the both of you would go to your apartment  to pick up more of your clothes" she said.

"But there's alot that needs to be done this week. Skipping a day may cause a bit of chaos." I said worriedly to myself. "This is not good." I mumbled and Mrs Knight pulled on my ear not too hard.

"I like people who listen. You're going to stay home and get better. Don't stress about office work , okay" she said looking at me strictly. "Yes" I said and she let go of my ear. "Let me change your bandage then" she said and walked out of the room.

I just smiled. My mother never had time to scold me like this. But she indeed had time to really abuse me. At first she'd make me feel like I'm wrong,  then she'd make me feel like what she's doing is  wrong and she'd apologise  constantly.

I remember her crying so much saying how much she loves me so much and she never intended  to hurt me.

At first I thought she really didn't mean it by then came a time when  I figured that it was all part of the play for me to get beaten up every single time.

Shaking my head I got rid of those bad memories and changed into the outfit. Surprisingly  it was the correct size.

"Okay since that's done let's put on some new bandages" she said walking it with the equipment  she'd be needing.She first cleaned my wound and was so gentle with it.  She even blowed on it a couple times. After that she did my hair. She tied it up onto a high ponytail  and neatly did my waves.

"There you go  , you look stunning. Let's go have breakfast okay" she said and nodded. I  didn't trust my voice to say anything. Mrs Knight was the sweetest person ever after my grandma of course.

She made me feel that motherly  love  I'd been missing this whole time. She's like the mother I never had but sadly she isn't mine.

Breakfast was plenty  but I chose pancakes and blueberries  with honey syrup on top.  While having our breakfast we talked about anything since it was just the two of us.

Her phone rang and she answered  it. She was talking to Mr Knight  Snr  he sounded like he really  needed her home.

"Oh dear Amy I have to go tend to Leon's father. I don't know what he's done this time." She said while standing up.

"Is everything alright. Can I help with anything ?" She shook her head. "Don't worry for all I know he must be having trouble packing for his trip to Rio with his other retired friends." She said and I chuckled. "That's what all these Knight man have been like. They always  have had trouble packing even Leon"  she said.

"I'm afraid I can't take Milan with me. His babysitter called in sick so I was watching over him. Do you mind taking care of him?"  She asked with eyes full of hope.  I just nodded  and smiled.

"Don't worry  about anything. I'll look after him" I said  "oh that's good. Anything you need to know about Milan first drawer in the kitchen there's a book about his meal etc I gotta run see you later" she  quickly kissed my forehead and when out the door.

Just then the baby monitor made some noise that means Milan's  awake. It's just the two of us in this house. I wouldn't mind spending time with Milan  he's the cutest.

I got to his nursery and went to his crib. "Hey baby" I said  while picking him up in my arms. Milan was looking at me intently. I just smiled and  went to the window with him. When I looked down at him he gave me a baby grin and he snuggled more into me.

I melted because of he's cute gesture.  I giggled at his cute baby noise. With one hand on his back and the other behind his little legs I made him face me.

"Let's get you ready for the day Milan." It's like everytime I said he's name he'd get excited and make more baby sounds.

Luckily  I knew where everything was because I helped Lillian buy this nursery.