Chapter 23: obsessed lover's attack

Dove's POV

Today wasn't just anyday. With Leon suddenly flying to London  I had to reschedule everything to next week. Talking to very angry investors. Trying as much as I can to possibly finish every pending file. Checking through my emails as well as Leon's . Until he's back I pretty  much have to do everything

I yawn for the third time in the last ten minutes. I look at the clock and it says its already ten pm. Just then my phone vibrates.

Picking it up , it was a text from Lee.

Lee: you seriously cannot be working this late. I'm coming to pick you up.

Me: don't you dare leave Alla and Adam alone. I have a car I'll drive home.

Lee: oh Michael is still at his office about to leave ill tell him to pick you up talk to you later. Byeee

I just sighed  knowing very well that I wouldn't win this fight. Just as I was about to close my laptop I saw a figure walking through the hallway. For a moment it petrified me but I chose to comfort myself and say its just the cleaners.

Taking my bag and office keys as well as my car keys I went to the elevator. But before I could push the button a hand suddenly grabbed me.

"Amy , you're leaving now?" Said Bryden who was holding my arm very tightly. "Bryden , don't scare me like that. What are you still doing here anyway ?" I asked.

Everyone had gone home already the latest would've been at 7.

"I was waiting for my beautiful angel. " He said while pulling me closer. He put his large hand on my cheek and began rubbing his thumb on it. I tried to pull away but his grip on my arm just tightened.

"Bryden , you're hurting me" I said still struggling to pull back. "Hurting you? Amy I'd never  do that at all" he said. "I love you Amy just like how you love me." He said and began leaning forward.

I knew what was about to happen and I couldn't let it. Mustering all of my strength  I was able to push him off me. "Whats wrong with you" I said while breathing heavily due to the fright he'd given me.

"Amy , don't push me away" he said standing up and began walking towards me. "You should never push me away especially  if I want you close." He finished  before grabbing the same spot  he was holding again. I winced at the sudden  pain knowing it'd leave a bruise.

"Now look me in the eye and tell me how much you love me" he said calmly.

Bryden would never do this. What's wrong with him. He was never like this. What's gotten into him? Lost in my thoughts I felt his hand connect very roughly with my cheek leaving it burning.

Did he just slap me?

"Stupid bitch " he said while now pressing his other hand on my throat choking me. "Oh my god" I  whispered as I was drawn back to the day at the hospital with Axel.

"You just never listen do you" he said but I couldn't encourage this. I needed  to get away from him. I kneed him between his legs when he leaned forward I used my elbow it hit his nose.

My grandfather was a military man. He took off some time to teach me a  thing or two. Leaving him to his pain , I ran  down  the stairs and managed to get into a lift that would directly take me to the ground floor.

"Bryden" was all  I said while trying to calm my trembling self down. My arm hurt , my cheek stung and my hair was dishevelled and  I totally looked like a nightmare.

"Ms Thompson  is everything alright" Asked the guard  who was near the reception. I just looked at him with teary eyes and nodded. He didn't seem convinced but he let the matter go which I was totally grateful for.

"AMELIA!" Yelled a voice from behind me and there stood Bryden looking as angry as ever. He's appearance shook me to the core. "Sir Bryden , what is going on?" Asked the guard who seemed to have gotten a hold of the situation.

"Mind your own fucking business  asshole" replied Bryden as he  made his way downstairs  to me. "DONT , you even think about it" he said pointing at the guard. 

"You dial 911 and you can kiss your life goodbye" he said to the guard who was now standing behind the receptionist  desk.

"Amy come to me" he said so calmly  you could've thought  everything  was alright. "Amelia don't make me repeat myself angel" he said this time while opening  his arms for a hug. "Come to me NOW!" He yelled and I took  a few steps back.

"That's now what I asked of you" he said charging at me but I couldn't wait around, I ran towards the exit and got into  the road with him right behind me.

"We can do this all day Amelia" he said. "But we wont" he said and just like that I felt him pulling me towards his chest.

"No , let go off me right now. Put me down" I yelled while I tried yet again to free myself from him. "No Amelia , not today" he said holding me tighter causing me to flinch.

"Please just let me go" I begged. "Not whe-" but he was cut short by someone behind us. "You might want to choose your next words and actions carefully Bryden. " He said causing Bryden to take out a knife from his pocket and stick it to my throat. I gasped at the action. "Don't worry I love you , I won't kill you I swear" he whispered into my ear.

He made me turn to that we could  face the source for the voice. "Michael" I whispered  as I saw him holding a gun.

"Oh hey Michael, long time no see. Just trynna woo a girl here" said Bryden before he roughly kissed the side of my head.

"Let her go now" said Michael with absolutely  anger in his voice. "For what reason. I want her to be mine and I definetly  will stop at nothing to make sure it happens  as that" replied  Bryden. Michael looked at the way Bryden was holding the knife around my neck before he looked back at him.

"Bryden this isn't you. Put the knife down and let her go" he said while still aiming his gun at him well , at this point it was us.

"No can do my brother , I'm getting out of here with Amelia. That's final!" He said pressing the knife more onto my skin. I closed my eyes as a new wave of pain hit me.

Noticing the damage he'd done Bryden bent down a little  to my level still facing Michael. "I promise I'll fix that my queen." He said before kissing the side of my head again.

"Bryden you're hurting her. Just let her go"  said Michael who was now  clearly loosing his patience.

"What can you possibly do to me with her as my shield. You can't aim at me properly" he said in a mocking tone.

"Then I guess  I'll have to take my chances." Replied Michael before looking at me then back at Bryden.

"Listen I'm going to count to three. If you don't let her go by then , you're going to be very sorry" he threatened.

"What's the worst that could happen." Said Bryden.

"One" began Michael. He looked like he was really going to pull the trigger but Bryden wouldn't let go.

"Two" Bryden  only tighten his hold  on me.

"Three"  and the sound of the gun went off. I tensed as I closed my eyes feeling the warm liquid of blood on me.