Chapter 21: the promise

Dove's POV

As he'd just opened my door he cursed underneath his breath. "Everything okay?" I asked looking at him. "It has to be. I'll be back soon" he said and ram into the  house.

I just chuckled  and waited for him.  I was looking around and something caught my eye near the roundabout. Going towards it  I saw a navy blue note with glitter all over it.

But then again you really look the spot tonight my love. Your dress  fits you perfectly. I'll see you soon.

I looked around but I saw nothing but a black car driving away. "What are you up  to Axel?" I said to myself.

Feeling a hand on the small of my back I got startled a bit.  "Dove it's okay. It's just me" said Leon who was now looking at me worriedly. "Whats wrong I've been trynna call you for so long. Are you okay?" He asked while wrapping his arms around my  waist.

I just nodded and he smiled. He pecked me lips and again took my hand in his and led me to the car.

I looked at the note again and quickly put it into my purse before Leon got into the car himself."Okay now for our dinner " he said and started the car.

The ride to our destination was  peaceful and quiet. It was a comfortable silence but  one thought just sustained  in my mind.

What is going on with Axel?

I was so lost in thought that i didn't notice when Leon had stopped the car and opened my door. "My lady" he said and I just smiled and put my hand in his. Getting out of the car my breathe literally left me.

Leon had arranged for our dinner at beautiful cliff where the city lights shone below us making everything wonderful. "Leon this is" I couldn't say anything. No word could describe this.

He kept it simple and natural that it almost felt like every little thing added unto it was meant to be right there.

"If you don't like it I have  another reservation set up at a near by restaurant. Its just I thought this would relax you si-" but I quickly shut his rumbling by placing my lips on his.

"Thank Leon , this is perfect. I love it" I said after pulling away and he sighed. "Gosh I was so nervous. Away come let's have dinner."

After making sure I was comfortable  in my sit he went to his side.  We ate discussing about anything and everything that came into mind.

Dinner was really lovely and afterwards we danced to a song playing on his phone. With my back pressed to his chest he kissed my neck. "I love you so much Dove" he whispered  causing shivers to run down my spine.

He turned me again so that I was looking at him. Taking a step back he pulled out a box from his pocket.

"Oh my goodness" I said internally as a blue ring with diamond fillings encircling  it came into view. "Is he?" I asked myself as I watched him go down on one knee.

"Dove , this is not me asking you to marry me. This is me pouring out my heart to you" he began. "I was never into relationships and definetly  never believed in falling for the right girl. I just thought it was a Christmas  movie and that's that. But when I first met you. Gosh when I met you , I heart stopped for a moment and  resumed beating a thousand  times faster. I saw you as pure as and angel. If I could I would've taken you the very first day you saved me that coffee. The first day I heard your angelic voice,  I was so drawn towards you. I tried my best to not let my feelings get the best of me. I tried to make myself feel as though it was all factual but it wasn't my love. And the day when you  fell down those stairs and the events that followed I knew I wanted you forever. That's why my love , with this ring promise me that it's always going to be us forever. Please my love." He finished looking at me with hopeful eyes.

Tears were now staining my cheeks while I just wondered how lucky I was to here with him right now. "Yes , I promise. It always going to be us." I said to him and he quickly out the ring on my finger  and pressed his body again mine before pulling me into a passionate kiss.

"I love you so so much Dove. More than you could ever imagine." He whispered before resting his forehead  against mine.

Lost in our silence Leon's phone vibrated from the table. "I said no calls tonight" he mumbled as he went to pick it up.

"Talk to me.......WHAT!.....I'll be there" he said and ended the  call.

"I'm so sorry Dove but we need to go back home." He said. "Is everything okay. Is Milan okay?" I asked in panic. "No everything is fine there. I'm taking you home. The office in London  is on fire right now. I have to fly down there" he said while starting the car.

"What really happened"  I asked myself but  I guess I'd said that out loud. "Not really sure." He said and the rest of ride was just in pyre silence.

Getting home i saw Mrs Knight standing with two other servajta of the house who had suitcases in their hands , while she was holding Milan.

"Here my baby I got everything ready. The jet is also ready for you" said his mom while handing him he's passport  although that was plainly unnecessary.

"Thanks mom" he said before taking Milan into his arms. "Hey Champ" he said and Milan giggled while playing with his hands. "Dad's gonna be out for a while , alright. Promise me that you'll take care of everyone here" he said to him and Milan just kept on playing and making baby sounds. "I love you I'll be back soon" he said and kissed the crown of his head.

He pulled his mother into a hug and lastly he pecked my lips. "Be safe for me , and if anything happens  call me" he said and I just nodded knowing pretty well that I wouldn't want to add stress on top of stress. He handed Milan back to his mom before looking at him one more time and got into the car before the driver drove off.

Just then Milan started crying drawing all the attention to him. "Aww my grandson , my peanut it's okay he'll  be back soon" cooed Mrs Knight. "See this is  what I meant when I was  telling Leon not to make him get used to certain  things. Look at how he's behaving now. Leon is going to get it when he comes back" she said while trying to calm a crying Milan.

In all he's crying Milan noticed me and started fighting  in his grandmother's hold to come to me. His grandmother  then handed him to me. "Shhh it's okay my baby , you're a big boy aren't you? It's okay stop  crying" I said while rubbing circles on his back and soon his cries died down.

"You two look so great together. It's like you were made to actually become my little peanuts  mother." Said Mrs Knight. "Why don't you spend time with him in his nursery, its already an hour past his actual bed time" she said and I nodded.

I really hope the office burning  down was just an accident.