Chapter 19: dark alliance

Unknown  POV

He's always surrounding her. He doesn't even let her breathe on her own. I've been monitoring her for the past two months and she's always with him.

"I'm starting to loose my patience you know" said my boss while he rotated his phone in his hand. "She still needs to get back to me. What the hell were you doing for the past Two months?" He said also looking at Knight Inc.

"She's always around him sir. I can't get close" I explained to him. "You mean to say you can't take down one man?" He asked and that seriously infuriated  me but I had to keep my cool in his presence. If I wanted it to go right how I wanted I need to control my shit.

"It's not just one man sir. He has security around him. So example those two gentlemen standing about 10meters from them ,  their guards not just men in suits." I explained. He smoked on his cigarette  for a while and kicked the drivers sit.

"Damn it. That bitch is getting to comfortable." He said "we need someone from the inside  this time." He said "some close to Leon or someone who knows how to push his buttons.  I just need him to get distracted from Dove just for a while Two days max" he said  more like talking to himself.

"We have already found access through a lady , Vanya March" I said and looked at me before a huge smirk plastered across his face. "Where is she. I'd like to meet her , now" he eyes had that cold glare that showed him that he didn't have any patience at all.

I pulled out my phone and called her. She told us how she couldn't meet us near this perimeter. With  that in mind we both drove our cars to a restaurant a good 20minites from Knight Inc.

Getting in ,  we saw Vanya sitting at the corner table. "You must be Vanya March, nice to  finally meet you. I've been eager" said the boss. "Nice to meet you too." She said and we all took our seats with Vanya sitting across us.

"I'll get to the point.  I really don't have time." He said. "You need to distract Leon. if you succeed  I'll pay you just about anything you want." He said and Vanya just smiled.

"And that girl , Amelia what do I do with her. She's stuck to Leon like a koala." She said with irritation. "You're a good and clever girl , I'm  sure  you'll think of something to get her out of your way. " Said the boss looking at Vanya  intently.

Upon hearing those words Vanya smiled and nodded  "I'll do it then. But why are you interested in Amelia so much. who is she?" She asked looking at the boss curiously.

The boss sighed  and took out a stack of hundred dollar bills. "I trust that it'll   meet your  needs for now" he said "do call me when you've got our target right where we can take her." He said again before standing  up and fixing his coat.

"It was nice doing business with you Ms March" he said and they shook hands.

Walking out of the restaurant  I  passed on my thoughts to him. "Boss , Ms March is quite the gold digger. We won't be able to pay her   price nor will she get off our backs if we don't. What will we do after taking Dove?" I asked.

"Whats so important  about her. She's just like any other person we've struck a deal with. We'll  finish her off"  he said. "Beside my graveyard hasn't been dug in months."   He said before getting into the car. 

I just exhaled  and got into the car instructing the driver to take us back to the bosses Headquarters.

Dove was in for a huge suprise a traumatic experience she'll never heal from even if she tried. I just chuckled  thinking about it.

"That girl has lived 5  years thinking she's free not knowing I've had my eyes on her the moment  she walked out of my  Hall of Terror. She thinks she's free doesn't she. What she doesn't know is  she was never free and she never will be free" he said before opening his phone and  little Dove appeared on his wallpaper.

She was 3 years old and was in the arms of a man she considered  her number one person  with a huge smile plastered on her lips.

Vanya's POV

"Alisha it's one simple task. Go with this coffee give it to Leon and say its from Amelia." I said. Alisha  just looked at me shocked. I knew that if I needed to get the job done I had to first make Leon  fall really deep  for Amelia and the next step would be breaking his heart which I will come and mend for   him.

Alisha took the coffee and went straight to Leon's office. She knocked  on the door and went in seconds later. A few  minutes later ,  she came back out.

"He just said thank you keep it on my desk." She said looking everywhere but not at me. "What are you not telling me?" I asked looking at her curiously.

"Ms Amelia was in the office with him" she said and I told her to go. "This shouldn't be hard. Considering how close those two  already  are , I think phase 1 shouldn't matter. Phase 2 is the one I need to jump into." I said to myself.

"Leon is already smitten by Amelia but just by looks  you can tell this thing is not one-sided. But it can be made so" I said bitting my thumb nail.

Looking up it seems like luck was all in my favour.  "And there goes the other loverboy."  I said to myself before chuckling.

"Using Bryden to end this so called love story of theirs will be the best. Bryden fell in love with Amelia the day he met her. I know Amelia doesn't feel the same way but I don't give two shits about that. Leon is mine and I'll do just about anything to make sure it remains like that."

Walking towards Bryden  I put on my best smile. "Hie Bryden , long time no see" I said and looked at me before returning to the file he was reading.

"I wouldn't say the same thing Ms March. Now if you excuse  me I have codes to crack" he was just about to leave but I held his hand. "Why are you in such a hurry. Why not grab a coffee with me from the cafe near by , you know maybe for our friendships  sake" I said and he scoffed.

"The last time I checked right after we walked into Knight Inc you were the one who made it clear how I was NOT your friend" he said looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Please Bryden. That was two years ago. Let's leave the past and start over?" I suggested. "And make me push Amelia downstairs the next time?" He asked.

Yeah I pushed her down the stairs. Leon almost fired me for it. But me being me I lied. I was holding a bunch of things and I  was in a rush that I didn't see Amelia there. When she fell I got so scared I couldn't own up. My story was more believable because Amelia didn't remember  what exactly happened.

"Please Bryden , it was an accident. I already said I'm sorry." I said faking hurt. "Yeah right" he said.

"Bryden let's just go out for a normal coffee for childhoods sake" I said looking at him with pleading eyes. He looked at me one more time before he nodded.

"I'll  go leave this in my office. But just this once and that's it" he said and I nodded.

"That's all  it takes to manipulate  you Bry" I muttered as I watched him walk towards his office.